Can anyone identify this gadget?

Old May 30th 05, 05:17 AM

Default Can anyone identify this gadget?

I found this at a flea market. A piece of smooth flat metal, about
eight inches tall and an inch wide with a slot of about a quarter inch
down the entire length. On the upper left corner there is a blade very
similar to the blade of an exacto knife pointing down. At the very
bottom there is a round piece of metal like a heavy coin with the
Singer logo. It looks like it is meant to be a handle.

I have several books by Singer on machine attachments and two machine
manuals and see nothing like this. Maybe it's not meant to be used
with a sewing machine and is just a clever gadget.

It might be just what I've always needed....if I can only find out what
it is.

Help!!

Old May 30th 05, 04:00 PM

Yes, that's it. Thanks, Irene. I spent a happy hour researching the
"Singercraft guide".

Old May 30th 05, 04:50 PM
She who would like to be obeyed once every Preston

It's a "Singer Craftguide" for making fringing. Hang on to it (or else
give it to me!)

In article . com, of
http://groups.google.com uttered

--
AJH
no email address supplied

Can anyone identify this type of needle lace please? [email protected] Needlework 14 May 15th 05 12:09 PM
Please help identify Moonraker Glass 38 November 25th 04 05:02 AM
I just love my new gadget! (only slightly OT) Su/Cutworks Beads 5 October 19th 04 11:18 AM
Can Anyone Identify this slipware pattern. Craig N MacKenzie Pottery 3 March 21st 04 02:31 PM
possible to identify source of garment by examining stitching, inner materials, etc? Alan Horowitz Sewing 3 September 29th 03 05:28 PM