curious question

Old September 7th 04, 12:49 AM
Sharon Harper

ROFLOL! After we take out our share for collectin' 'em and postage oooh
there might be enough for a FQ left!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I bought that bridge after a few drinks a couple years back. Ya'll need to
start sending me those tolls pretty soon. I imagine they've added up.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"Shona in NZ" wrote in message
And don't forget that bridge that connects our two countries!!!

Shona who about fell over dead when she heard that one in NZ

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
LOL - makes a change from people thinking that about us Aussies - even

this day a lot of international people (not naming countries) assume

we
have
koalas on every street corner and kangaroos as pets.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
**********************
"Emilia" wrote in message
Pat in Virginia wrote in

Packrat: The reason peoplw might assume that European connections
often pay per minute is because until a couple yars ago, that was
usually the case. Well, that is the impression that I got from
teh folks in UK and other European locations. Not a put down
though. PAT in VA/USA

The UK was a bit slower in getting ASDL (well, only in that it was

much
more expensive so less customers, because of the telephone

monopolies
in
UK
& Ireland, AFA I can gather.) than other countries in Europe.

Belgium
and
Germany were quite advanced in cable & XDSL.

I know you don't mean it as a put down but it is frustrating

sometimes
when
the people in the US always think that Europe is so 'backward'.
(Disclaimer: not accussing anyone in particular).

Old September 7th 04, 01:12 AM
nzl*

a FQ, u'd be lucky, lol.
jeanne
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/nzlstar
real reply is san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"Sharon Harper" wrote...
[...]

to this day a lot of international people (not naming countries) assume we

Old September 7th 04, 01:43 AM
Diana Curtis

I'm just trying to recoup my losses. The lady that sold it to me looked so
sad at having to part with it. I paid a pretty penny...
Are you telling me not many folks use it? Maybe if I advertise.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"nzl*" wrote in message
a FQ, u'd be lucky, lol.
jeanne

Old September 7th 04, 02:39 AM
Listpig

I was fascinated with typewriters early (age 8? 9? Somewhere around there)
and my mother put her foot down: if I was going to use her manual portable
(Smith Corona 1949, still have it, still use it), I was going to learn to
type *correctly*. Out came her (vintage 1942) business school typing
textbook, and I remember spending a whole summer at that.

Got to high school and the "departmental typewriters" for teachers to use
were obsoleted typing class typewriters---yep, blank keys. So I ended up
getting to spend study hall in what passed for the foreign language
department office, typing tests and handouts for the teachers, who hadn't a
clue with blank keys. Students were grateful: the German teacher's
handwriting was abysmal, he had no typewriter at home, so the alternative
was mimeographed stuff in his handwriting. g

--pig

On 9/6/04 12:00, in article ,
"Nurse Ratched" wrote:

Learned to type on a manual
typewriter with blank keys!

Oh, my! What a memory that brings back!

For some reason, I didn't take typing as my elective in 9th grade, which is
when it was offered at my school. I had a friend who took it, though, and the
classroom was open before school for anyone who wanted to come in and
practice.
Since my bus delivered me to the school about 45 minutes before classes
started, I would go in with her and taught myself to type! Obviously, I
didn't
develop speed as quickly as I would have if I had actually taken the class,
but
the passage of time took care of that.

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
I don't have to love George Bush to love America.

-- pig

http://www.faloshi-studios.com/

Old September 7th 04, 04:14 AM
Sharon Harper

Not on this newsgroup snickersnort and VBEG

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
**********************

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I'm just trying to recoup my losses. The lady that sold it to me looked so
sad at having to part with it. I paid a pretty penny...
Are you telling me not many folks use it? Maybe if I advertise.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"nzl*" wrote in message
a FQ, u'd be lucky, lol.
jeanne

Old September 7th 04, 09:28 AM
Kate Dicey

Shona in NZ wrote:

And don't forget that bridge that connects our two countries!!!

Like the bridge over the Atlantic? Well, technically, there are two
now, but the original one is still the best.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 7th 04, 04:34 PM
Denise Jameson

Charlie, don't equate education with intelligence. :-)

Denise in Ontario, Canada

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:07:21 +0100, "Charlie"
wrote:

Phew! I mean, I've been reading all about Bush's latest offering and have
been keeping my fingers crossed thinking "PLEASE don't let others be as
uneducated as him..."

Charlie.

"Denise Jameson" wrote in message
.. .
Sure Charlie, I know that. :-) What I was trying to recall were
people in the ng who have been here a long time and are oceans away.
I wasn't inferring that Africa was in Europe....but I knew Tutu lives
there and was hoping for an answer from those across the water.

Denise in Ontario, Canada

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:25:54 +0100, "Charlie"
wrote:

You do know that Africa's not in Europe, right?

Charlie.

"Denise Jameson" wrote in message
.. .
I believe anyone in Europe pays per minute (could be wrong though).
Tutu (in Africa)) ? Heidi (in Germany)? Can you confirm for us?

Denise in Ontario, Canada

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:09:44 -0700, DrQuilter
wrote:

not that I am for advertising in this group or anything like that, but

doubt has piqued my curiosity. every time we get one of those

obnoxious
posts somebody brings out the fact that 'some of us' pay per minute. I
know my mom does that back home, but I am wondering how many of us
really do that and how many have a DSL or dialup plan with a constant
rate no matter how many hours you are connected?

Old September 7th 04, 08:26 PM
Shona in NZ

We've used up all the tolls in maintenance :-)

Shona wondering what Diana was drinking when she made that purchase in NZ

Old September 7th 04, 08:28 PM
Shona in NZ

hahahaha,

You owe me a screen clean Sharon!

Shona wiping up coffee from her desk in NZ

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Not on this newsgroup snickersnort and VBEG

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
**********************

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
I'm just trying to recoup my losses. The lady that sold it to me looked

so
sad at having to part with it. I paid a pretty penny...
Are you telling me not many folks use it? Maybe if I advertise.
Diana

--
Heart and soul can make up for technical lacking in any form of art, but

let
the heart be lacking and all the perfection means nothing.
"nzl*" wrote in message
a FQ, u'd be lucky, lol.
jeanne