What does the quilt on your bed look like?

Old September 12th 03, 01:07 AM
The Nielands

Oh, I can't wait to see it! I did Meadow Lily for my DSIL a while back, but
her's was in blues and greens on a WOW background. Your colors sound great!

Louise in Iowa
"The Brown Family" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
Well...I'm in the process of making one. It's from a Thimbleberries book
and the pattern is called "Meadow Lily". The colors in it are a light

grey
marble background, plum (medium and dark), a couple of greens and another
grey with various shades. Because I have a green carpet in my bedroom and
plum walls and grey furniture (which I would love to change, but that's

not
happening right now), so I have to try and bring it all together.
As for LN.......hmmmmm........the jury is still out on that one!

Lorraine

"frood" wrote in message
. com...
Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look

like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old September 12th 03, 01:15 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"frood" wrote:

Do you have a quilt on your bed?

Yup!

Did you make it?

Yup!

What does it look like?

It's my Blooming 9-patch, done in blues, yellows and (gulp) green. It's
an oversized queen-sized quilt, and it replaced a lavender and white
Grandmother's Fan quilt I made way back when and that was wearing out
rather pitifully.

Why did you decide on that?

I loved some of the ones I saw and wanted to make one of my own. Got all
of the instructions worked out, thanks to some RCTQers who had ideas on
how to expand the number of fabrics used, and then stalled. And stalled.
then Blanche Young came to town and gave the class, which gave me the
kick in the pants I needed to get started.

Will LN really finish her own quilt?

I don't know! dipping into the wine again to allay the shock of the
entire idea

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old September 12th 03, 01:20 AM
Kristen L. Renneker

no i don't have a quilt on my bed now...i've had too many wedding gifts to
make lately I've started a wholecloth that will go on our bed when I
finish...all the linens in the bedroom are white (I chose pure white because
the bed, etc are black wrought iron, and the walls are a deep terra cotta
color)

kristen

Old September 12th 03, 01:21 AM
Bonnie

I have a quilt on my bed. No I didn't make it, I bought it
for $17.00 on clearance (not bad for a queen size) until I
get around to making one myself.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old September 12th 03, 01:42 AM
Marilyn

This is such an interesting thread Wendy. Great question.
Ummmm, I hate to admit that NO, I dont have one of my own quilts on our bed,
I have an humungous (sp?) old comforter which is really heavy and was
purchased at an auction for about $10.00 several years before I began
quilting.
Like so many others, I have made and given away countless quilts even one to
a prospective son-in-law who last year became a for real sil.....my husband
says I bribed him with his own quilt, lol.
I have several lap quilts I keep on a rack in the family room ready for
whoever is cold watching TV or reading, or, the newest one is always ready
to become a gift if I know of someone in need of a quick quilt.
Thanks for the interesting question. Oh yes, I vote YES on LN, I feel sure
she will finish her quilt.
Marilyn in Moravia

Old September 12th 03, 01:45 AM
Anne

frood wrote:
Do you have a quilt on your bed?

yes, when the bed gets made and not left all jumbly because DH was the
last one out in the morning ;-)

Did you make it?

yes

What does it look like?

shades of light to dark browns, Trip Around the World, tied, not quilted.

Why did you decide on that?

I was "into" TATW and it seemed like the logical progression after one
crib, two single ...

Will LN really finish her own quilt?

I have every bit of faith in the world that she will eventually finish.
But then, I don't know her as well as you do ...

--
Anne
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl

Old September 12th 03, 02:16 AM
Linda

Quilt? On my bed? I have four cats. That should answer the question,
unfortunately.

Linda F.

Old September 12th 03, 02:23 AM
AliceW

Mine is my "Too pink he thinks" quilt. Pix are on my website. It's my
spring/summer quilt so far. I love it! It was made in a class at the
Quilter's Barn. I had been wait listed for this class but the night before
the class, they called and said someone had backed out. Was I still
interested? Ok, so they gave me the pre-class instructions and the fabric
requirements, but I had no time to shop (drat) for the fabric. So I thought
to myself - gee, I think I have some fabric stashed away here somewhere!
So, the entire quilt was made from fabrics I pulled from my shelves -
including the backing. It's a king sized quilt made from a pattern in a
magazine and is called "Prairie Stroll". I think I quoted the magazine on
my website, so look there if you just have to know.

Alice in NJ

Old September 12th 03, 02:24 AM
AliceW

I have a Boston Commons on my list of quilts to make. Should I move it
further down the list?
Alice

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:28:58 GMT, "frood"
wrote:

Do you have a quilt on your bed? Did you make it? What does it look like?
Why did you decide on that? Will LN really finish her own quilt?

The quilt on our bed is a queen (over size) Boston Commons. I will
never make one again, but I like this one because it is finished. Yes
I made it,

It looks like a lot of fabric cut up & sewed back together.
I decided on that because it is the way you make a quilt.

Actually I made it from my stash and only had to buy one piece to
finishe it out. It is machine quilted by a shirt tail relative in
Ohio and shipped back to me in Fl.

Of course LN will finishe!! Even if she has to bed for help.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Old September 12th 03, 02:24 AM
The Brown Family

Ooooh, I love that song too!

Lorraine

"frood" wrote in message
news
I suppose I should answer, or at least let you know why I'm asking. I do

not
have a quilt on my bed that I made. We are currently using a vintage quilt
that I bought as a summer spread, but when the weather turns colder, we'll

the
house have at least 1 (most have 2) quilts on their beds, but I haven't

made
one for DH and I yet.

When I finish my Millennium quilt (I do have until the next millenium,
right?), that will go on our bed, but not for everyday. I'd like that to
become an heirloom, so I don't want to use it much. Eventually, I'd love a
quilt for each season, and one for Christmas. But I have to start

somewhere!
My favorite season is Fall, and my favorite song is Moondance, by Van
Morrison. I'd really love to incorporate the feeling I get when I hear

that
song into a quilt. I'll know the idea when it comes to me, but I just want
to get an idea of what other quilters have on their beds, to help kick

start
the design process. I'm not looking for suggestions from you all (it's a
very personal song to DH and I), I'm just trying to see what others do.