My Library Journal quilting article!

Old October 5th 04, 11:57 PM
nbhilyard

Default My Library Journal quilting article!

Here it is!

http://www.libraryjournal.com/articl...verticalid=151

(If the wrap doesn't make it, go to www.libraryjournal.com and click on
"features.)
I thought I had tightened my copy a lot, but the editor was able to tighten
it even more. My original instructions were to use 3000-3500 words but then
my editor was told she could give me only 3 pages instead of 4. If you want
to compare this to what I originally proposed, I can send the draft. I
recommended many more books than are here.

I appreciate everyone's advice about books and magazines to include.

Nann
who is saving the $250 that LJ paid for an irrestistible urge to splurge

Old October 6th 04, 02:42 AM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"nbhilyard" wrote:

Here it is!

http://www.libraryjournal.com/articl...ews&industry=F
eatures&industryid=1987&verticalid=151

(If the wrap doesn't make it, go to www.libraryjournal.com and click on
"features.)
I thought I had tightened my copy a lot, but the editor was able to tighten
it even more. My original instructions were to use 3000-3500 words but then
my editor was told she could give me only 3 pages instead of 4. If you want
to compare this to what I originally proposed, I can send the draft. I
recommended many more books than are here.

I appreciate everyone's advice about books and magazines to include.

Nann
who is saving the $250 that LJ paid for an irrestistible urge to splurge

Congratulations, Nann! Great article!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old October 6th 04, 05:49 AM
MoragP

Nice job, Nann.
Morag in Detroit

Old October 6th 04, 01:39 PM
ginmaru

Very Cool! Great article too. Plus a great wish list for the local
acquisitions librarian to beg for.

Ginny
Old October 6th 04, 03:43 PM
DebsPrintOnIt

Good job!
Debra in Idaho
Old October 6th 04, 04:24 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:57:17 -0500, "nbhilyard"
wrote:

Here it is!

http://www.libraryjournal.com/articl...verticalid=151

(If the wrap doesn't make it, go to www.libraryjournal.com and click on
"features.)
I thought I had tightened my copy a lot, but the editor was able to tighten
it even more. My original instructions were to use 3000-3500 words but then
my editor was told she could give me only 3 pages instead of 4. If you want
to compare this to what I originally proposed, I can send the draft. I
recommended many more books than are here.

I appreciate everyone's advice about books and magazines to include.

Nann
who is saving the $250 that LJ paid for an irrestistible urge to splurge

Hiya Nann!
I read your article and really enjoyed it. Well done. Now if you
need ideas on what to spend that money, I've seen some good online
sales. Would you like more fabric bang for your buck? Let me know!
Meantime, congratulations on a well-written article. I think I will
forward it to some friends, to better explain my obsession.

-- Jo in Scotland

Old October 6th 04, 05:11 PM
Rustqlts2

Absolutely outstanding!

rusty
Old October 6th 04, 05:27 PM
Kathryn Walker

Very good article, Nann! Now, if only libraries will pay attn to
it...and realize that Rodale is not the be all and end all of
instruction books. Again, congratulationt.

Kathryn in Mi