OT - Glass Pipes - if you're not offended, look at this art!

Old September 25th 04, 05:02 PM
Ray DeVous

Ray does. If I told you about lunch and a shake..........we'd all be in
a group cold shower!

Ray O:-)

Tinkster wrote:

Assuming for a second here that Ray knows EXACTLY what Su is talking
about, I wanna hear more about the lunch and a shake. LOL!

Tink

Old September 25th 04, 05:19 PM
Ray DeVous

....or College Park.

Ray

Cheri2Star wrote:

Used to have some pretty glass pipes myself - back in the days when you could
visit the headshops in Georgetown. G

Cheri

Old September 25th 04, 05:48 PM
Kaytee

In article , Kalera Stratton
writes:

I bet people would prefer to buy
marijuana cigarettes than grow their own, if they were available.

Mmmmm... they were, sorta, at one time. Certain of our boys in green could buy
them in a tropical area on the other side of the world. Filtered, even.
Mentholed. In genuine Kool papers and packs, complete with cellophane covers.
Despite it being a "land of plenty" in regards to availability of the active
ingredient.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old September 25th 04, 05:48 PM
Kaytee

In article , vj
writes:

]Lettuce is easy to grow too, but those pre-washed, pre-cut bags of salad
]sell like hotcakes for $3.99 each. Insane!

not when there's only one person in the house to eat it.
and not when you hate 'chopping' as much as i do.

$2.79 for 3# of a basic mix at CostCo. Washed, ready to eat-- perfect for
"starving" teens who don't want to wait/take the time to cut up something,
ensures they get SOME veggies. You can always add to it, to make a more
complete salad. Great for picnics/etc., too.
Also, takes up less space than getting all the basic ingredients and "doing it
yourself"-- and less wastage since it is rare to use up all the "basic
ingredients" all at the same time.
And... there are areas of this country where growing lettuce is NOT really an
option. Like here in San Diego.... Need water, decent soil and cool temps. Even
planted in January, lettuce (and other greens) seedlings tend to bolt before
getting to a size to harvest. And, are tough and often harsh tasting.
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com

Old September 25th 04, 05:52 PM
Su/Cutworks

Well, I'm more like the Rockies, but the t-shirt filling is more like the Alps.

Or is that the t-shirt filling are more like the Alps.

Either way, it's definitely not the prairies.

-Su
"Ray DeVous" wrote in message ...
I do. My reference was to the Rockies (tall and majestic) or the Appalachians (shorter but still nice)

Ray

Dr. Sooz wrote:

Now that depend weather you're talking the Rockies or the
Appalachian.....and if you stop for lunch and a shake.

Ray, perhaps you didn't realize she's talking about the two mountains on her
chest.
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 25th 04, 09:07 PM
Christina Peterson

Even if the government made nothing on taxing pot, it would save on all
sorts of expenses in the Justice system. There would also be a huge
improvement in sociology expenses. Kids would be more likely to work than
sell pot. People could save on pain control costs. There is quite a bit of
information available on which plants give a low sustained effect, which are
best to eat rather than smoke, etc. The people involved with medical
marijuana have this information. Little old ladies who would never smoke,
can eat half a muffin in the morning, and the other half at night. And
unlike booze, you know the effect right away and can keep from getting
higher than you are if you're smoking.

Tina

"Louis Cage" wrote in message
. ..
There is a lot of difference in $3.99 per pound and $100.00 per ounce

(the
only plan I have heard proposed involves having a sin tax on it to raise

the
retail cost to "street market" value). Motivation level increases. I'm

not
saying that there would be *no* sales at all, just that the level of
commerce would not be what you would expect at first blush.
BTW, sometimes I buy the premade salad stuff so I can get 3-4 kinds of
salad greens, plus carrots and other veggies. If I bought the items
seperately and assembled them, the cost would be close to the same for a
single meal, and the way we are always on the run, one meal is about all

we
would get before it went bad.
Growing your own tobacco is not a comparison. Pot is about as hard to
grow as tomatoes and growing and curing a usable tobacco plant is a PITA.
Tobacco grows easily enough, but suckering, killing bugs, weeding and
finally cutting and curing takes a lot of work with a plant that has a
caustic sap.

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Lettuce is easy to grow too, but those pre-washed, pre-cut bags of salad
sell like hotcakes for $3.99 each. Insane! Americans are consumers
first, and as such will be far more prone to lay down ten bucks at 7-11
for a pack of Marlboro Greens than to actually go to all the effort to
grow their own... or even *roll* their own, if a neighbor gave them
excess from their garden.

I don't see many Americans growing their own smoking tobacco, nor even
so much as rolling their own cigarettes from the much cheaper pre-cut
you can buy at a tobacco store, despite the fact that tobacco is a
hardy, easy-to-grow weed.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Louis Cage wrote:
Did anyone see Tommy Chong on the Tonight Show after he got out (he

was
busted for selling pipes online)?
Leno asked the rhetorical question, "I have a car that can do

180mph.
Does that mean I should get a ticket for speeding even when it is

sitting
still in my garage?"

Pot will never be legalized in the US. It is too easy to grow, so

the
govt and tobacco industry can't make any money off it. And there are

too
many lawyers and law paraphernalia equipment suppliers making money

off
the
"war on drugs". Not to mention it is an easy thing for the

politicians
say they are against drugs (while not doing anything at all about one

of
the
most dangerous and addictive drugs out there, i.e. tobacco)

Old September 25th 04, 09:09 PM
Christina Peterson

Yeah, my bank feels the same way about my bead indulgences.

Tina

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Karen_AZ"
:

]there are way too many "causes" who can't quite
]leave other people's indulgences alone, whatever they are.

no kidding!

--
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com

Old September 26th 04, 01:11 AM
Louis Cage

But spending money on the justice system is one of the things that
supports keeping it illegal. Think of all the jobs that would be lost,
judges, cops, lawyers, the folks who sell stuff to cops, the D.A.R.E
company, etc. These people all have proximity and therefore access to
politicians.
The politicians are never actually interested in decreasing the size of
government, they are only interested in talking about decreasing it. Look
at Reagan and W, both made lots of speeches about making government smaller
and getting it out of peoples lives, and both increased the actual size of
government spending (a good measure of the size of govt) and both pushed
through laws that put more power over your personal actions in the hands of
"the authorities".
It is not, and never will be, about whether THC is a harmful of helpful
substance. Even the alleged liberal Clinton administration (and I would
vote for him a third time if they would let me) went after California's
medical marijuana referendum.

Old September 26th 04, 01:13 AM
Louis Cage

That's what I like about the south!!!

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

"Tinkster" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:58:00 +0000 (UTC), "Su/Cutworks"
wrote:

Yeah, once in a while I get out the t-shirt with the map of the USA on it
and show Mike how long it takes to get through the mountains.

Did I say that?

Heheheheh! You know, it's hardly worth a trip through the mountains
without a side trip to Dixie...

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

Old September 26th 04, 07:13 AM
Christina Peterson

I don't smoke, so I'm not interested in pot. Among the people I know who
use pot, only a very few of them use it recreationally. Most use it for
pain. Many use it for stress from PTSD or other conditions. I don't think
Pete has used it to get high in the time I've known him.

Tina

"starlia" wrote in message
Crud at least it does something for you. Nada, nothing...even under
clinical situations. Crap I just can't have any fun.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Yeah, I would too, if I liked the stuff. It makes me agonizingly bored
with everything, and feel like I have to burp. For HOURS.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

vj wrote:
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Kalera Stratton
:

]And for those kinds of reasons, I bet people would prefer to buy
]marijuana cigarettes than grow their own, if they were available.

i would.
IF it didn't do to me what LSD does to other people.

glass color change calford Beads 8 April 4th 04 07:26 AM
[AD] NEW AT TRASH CITY - Hearts, Glass Pearls, Chandeliers, Multi Strand Bali Spacers Trashcitybeads Beads 0 February 12th 04 07:31 PM
For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 08:19 PM
AD-December 6-7, 2003 Cleveland, OH Great Lakes States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 5 December 5th 03 03:32 AM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM