Recommendations for sewing machine repairer in Melbourne, Australia

Old December 5th 03, 01:05 PM
Catherine Donaldson

Default Recommendations for sewing machine repairer in Melbourne, Australia

Hello,

I've been reading this newsgroup for just a little while and was hoping to
get some good advice.

I live in Melbourne, Australia. I have two Singer machines, one a 360
Fashion mate and the other a 9015.

I've recently come back to sewing after a decade of distractions. I would
like to hear from anyone with recommendations about particular companies or
people. Or perhaps questions to ask to weed out the time wasters or dodgy
tradespeople?

All advice would be gratefully read.

Thanks in Advance,

Catherine in Melbourne.

Old December 5th 03, 11:07 PM
Sharon Harper

Oooh Ooooh Oooh (hand waving frantically in the air) Where in Melbourne are
you Catherine? I'm out in Dingley (between Cheltenham and Dandenong) and
have a great guy who gave old Gerty Werty (that's an old Wertheim) a
thorough going over. Came to my place and then discovered she needed her
engine rebuilt. Took 2-3 weeks but was good - be happy to share his name if
you are in the area.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

. ..

Old December 6th 03, 09:01 AM
Pete 'n' Trish

Hello there from Sydney, welcome. Always great to see somebody else from
Down under. Please be vocal and join us. I drove the Melbourne for the day
last Easter. Didn't realise it was so far from Sydney. Found Lygon St. and
the markets . Drove down stayed at the last motels on the left as you get
allthe way into Melbourne. You sell fabrics at the Flemmington markets.
Drove down good Friday , looked round Sat, Drove back Sunday. Back to work
Monday.
Will get tourist info next time. Couldn't find Phillip Island though, found
St Kilda. trish in Sydney..

Old December 6th 03, 09:13 PM
Sharon Harper

Phillip Island is all the way through Melbourne CBD and out the other side
heading south east. On your way there you MUST, MUST I repeat stop at my
house in Dingley for the required refreshments, then it is a pleasant 1 - 1
and 1/2 hour drive.

Old December 8th 03, 01:01 PM
Catherine Donaldson

Hello Sharon,

I live in Coburg but fortnightly visit Knox and Ringwood as part of my part
time job. Your great guy could be worth a phone call to see what he can do.

I don't mind dropping my machines in for a fortnight if they are done
properly.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Catherine
u...

Old December 8th 03, 01:07 PM
Catherine Donaldson

Trish and anyone else,

If you are interested in seeing Melbourne check out
www.thatsmelbourne.com.au

On this website they have various sections about whats on, where everything
is and links to everything else!

It could be better if you plan for a week in Melbourne. Your original stop
at the Hotels in Fawkner is a good base for visiting places in the Northern
suburbs. Did you know that Melbourne and its suburbs have some of the best
wineries within an hour's drive of teh CBD? You probably past 6 coming in
along the Hume Highway.

Let me know if you would like more tourist info.

Catherine

Old December 8th 03, 08:21 PM
Sharon Harper

Hullo Catherine. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you? How long you been
quilting for? Fancy getting together for a meetup?