Why this NG has sucked so bad....

Old February 26th 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

Default Why this NG has sucked so bad....

On Feb 26, 10:55*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 25, 10:16*pm, Jman wrote:

Yep,

I said it.... *As a matter of fact, it had to be said. *Most of the
people on this newgroup seem not willing to participate because of a
handful of people's (I'm not excluding myself here either folks...)
willingness to be as pompous and self rightous as possible. *The
traffic that this NG see's is FAR, FAR, beyond the normally expected
participation factor (posting, questions, etc...). *The reason for
this is quite simple. *The "rec.crafts.glass" News Group has a number
of very 'strange' people with personality disorders (once again,..not
excluding my own sadistic disorder) whom believe they are 'Pre-
Eminent' beings in the field of glass and everything / anything
related to it.... *They try and bully and intimidate many of the
posters (1 or 2 in particular) and really make an ass of themselves.
Although it's really amusing to read their 'delusional rants' It does
in fact scare away a lot of the folks who have questions and whom are
worried that they might be ridiculed for participating in, or starting
a thread of their own. *Below is a link to my VERY FIRST post to this
NG and the response(s) that I was given... It was simply in response
to a poster who was wondering about how slow the NG had become ....

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...thread/thread/...

Take note of "Glassman, *javahut's and Moonraker's" remarks;

Glassman: *"You can't complain about who's in office, if you don't
vote. Make a few hundred posts a year like we do, and then you can be
counted."

(Nice,...apparently you have to "Earn your way" in order to post on
the NG)

"You see, most of the regulars on this board are personal friends.
You may
as well take your wannabe act somewhere else. You done stepped in it,
boy.
Wouldn't wanna be you.. "

(That was in responce to my heated discussion with javahut. *This is
exactly why the NG fails so miserably,..."Personal Friends" Little
bullies who try to gang up on others while hiding behind their FAT
friends...pretty pathetic)

In any event, *I plan to come here and ask questions "How I want and
when I want". *Whenever possible, I'll also defend others that come
under fire from this 'group of friends' when others offer up what
'they believe' is their own 'good advice'.

This NG wouldn't suck nearly so bad if these circle of idiot bashers
would shut their cake holes and allow others to offer advice. *Perhaps
these pompous few might even allow a newbie the chance to ask a simple
question.....

Kudos to those few who did in fact offer sound advice and to those
willing to share their views.

/MM
/FC

Well as a new member, I have an outstanding question about cutting
glass circles for microscopes.

As of yet, I have not received ONE response.

This speaks volumes about the state of this Usenet group....

TMT- Hide quoted text -

A lens cutter will cut circles from about 1/2" to about 6" depending
on the lens cutter. It will not cut any size you wish. Score the
circle, turn the glass over and gently press around the back side of
the score to get it to "run". Turn the glass over and make several
scores from the circle score outward and then break them off. You
should get a nice clean cut edge. Give the group a little credit. I
have been on this group for over 10 years...more like 15 actually.
I've seen it dwindle to nothing and then rebound with so much use that
one cannot keep up with it. It's the internet and just the way it is.
Old February 27th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Too_Many_Tools

On Feb 26, 12:55*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 25, 10:16*pm, Jman wrote:

[...]

thanks for the responses.

TMT
Old February 27th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Joe

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:15:54 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

[snip]
Well as a new member, I have an outstanding question about cutting
glass circles for microscopes.

As of yet, I have not received ONE response.

This speaks volumes about the state of this Usenet group....

TMT- Hide quoted text -

thanks for the responses.

TMT

Also, I would think that the stage should have a hole in the center to
avoid any distortion to the illuminating beam (even though it's
glass). The best way to do that is to buy a diamond hole cutter
(Harbor Freight junk, if you're doing only a few). Build a dam around
the spot with clay, to maintain a pool of water inside, and bore away,
using a drill press and a gentle touch. Violins! (as the French would
say)

Joe
Old February 27th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
JK

"Jman" wrote in message
Glassman: "You can't complain about who's in office, if you don't
vote. Make a few hundred posts a year like we do, and then you can be
counted."

I stand by what I said above. Whenever you take a dip into an
ananonymous medium like this, you'll need a thick skin to survive. If you
plunge into an NG that's new to you, and then criticize the members, of
course you'll get roasted. You can't make up the rules of online
citizenship. No one is obligated to welcome you or answer your question. If
you get answers then good. If not, there's always google. The solution is
very simple... just ignore or killfile those that offend you. If you're
right and it's the same 1 or 2... how easy is that? Every NG that I've ever
read has a core group that keeps it alive, plus a troll or 2 that makes it
even livelier. This one is quite mild compared to others.

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Old February 28th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
The Shadow

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...ca3b1 de5927f

[...]

OK, you have stated your opinion, didn't start to suck until you and Danus
got here, wasn't much fighting, just lots of information. No need for that
now, Dennis knows everything and everyone must beemailing him directly.

and I did go back and read your first post and the resulting thread, and it
still looks like it was written by a TROLL, nothing has changed,

Old February 28th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
[email protected]

On Feb 27, 6:44 pm, "The Shadow" wrote:
"Jman" wrote in message

[...]

Dennis got tired of answering all those emails so he posted all the
answers on Glass Campus.
www.glasscampus.com
Old February 28th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

OK, you have stated your opinion, didn't start to suck until you and
Danus
got here, wasn't much fighting, just lots of information. No need for
that
now, Dennis knows everything and everyone must beemailing him directly.

and I did go back and read your first post and the resulting thread, and
it
still looks like it was written by a TROLL, nothing has changed,

Dennis got tired of answering all those emails so he posted all the
answers on Glass Campus.

well at least there is one person that thinks you have all the answers, you.

Old February 29th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Jman

On Feb 27, 7:44*pm, "The Shadow" wrote:
"Jman" wrote in message

[...]

still looks like it was written by a TROLL, nothing has changed,- Hide quoted text -

Good Christ you are a dim one, aren't you... ?
My intention is not to fight with 'anyone'... If you're an asshole
(like 'javaslut', 'ballraker', etc...) and you call me out to play,
I'm gonna crawl all over you like snot to a cheek. I am merely
insulting you and your little posse o' "NitWits' because it makes me
happy. I couldn't care LESS about fighting or causing ****.....

STFU and answer questions... Isn't that what YOU ARE saying YOU are
here to do ? Be civil and you won't have to face the wrath of my
"Ultra foul mouth". You all come out to talk the talk and it's OK for
you to talk **** to D. Brady and myself but when we respond, or get
defensive, you get all ****y ? **** you, ya little girly man...

/FC
Old February 29th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Chemo the Clown

"Jman" wrote in message

[...]

/FC- Hide quoted text -

Name calling and belittlement does nothing to earn you respect here.
You fuel the fire. I bet your mother is really proud of the way you
talk. PLONK!
Old February 29th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
javahut

I am merely
insulting you and your little posse o' "NitWits' because it makes me
happy. I couldn't care LESS about fighting or causing ****.....

Really?

STFU and answer questions...

why? what is the incentive to answer your questions?

Isn't that what YOU ARE saying YOU are
here to do ?

and have done for years, thats over now...

Be civil and you won't have to face the wrath of my
"Ultra foul mouth".

nope, that is what a kill filter is for....

You all come out to talk the talk and it's OK for
you to talk **** to D. Brady and myself but when we respond, or get
defensive, you get all ****y ?

**** you, ya little girly man... aww. ain't that cute, that is how I would
act if I wanted something that I didn't have,

/FC = ****ing cocksucker