Collecting for

Old July 13th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default Collecting for

Every so often one of us asks:

What are YOU collecting for?

It doesn't have to be a WIP (Work in Progress) ((Christmas 6" finished
squares TATW))
have a due date ((Butterfly Attic Window))
could even be a someday ((B/W))

or even have to be fabric ((Thimbles, cup/saucer, butterflies))

so what ARE you collecting?

And if we ask for your snail addy PLEASE do not put it on here...private
email is best. ((Not all of us are in the Directory by choice))

Butterfly (looking forward to your replies)

Old July 13th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

If it's sewing related then it would be sewing machines and thimbles. The
sewing machines are complete - no more needed or wanted. Thimbles just
happened and then others noticed and they started to multiply.

Fabric wise it would be black & tan. Hopefully someday I'll have a large
enough assortment to make a scappy queen size bed quilt.

Outside, it would be frogs. I had one cast iron frog by my step and my SIL
noticed. Now every year I get at least one more frog. My DH even got a
large frog statue with a bandage over it's heart and two on it's leg and one
on it's arm when DH had his by-pass surgery. People can't help but notice
and then add to our collection. When you enter our yard you'll hear the
real frogs croaking! I do enjoy THEM! They put me to sleep every night in
the summer.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old July 13th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa

Neutrals - even before the latest post about wedding quilts made from
neutrals, I started collecting them to eventually make a king size quilt for
our bed. I still haven't decided on a pattern, but I want something that
creates movement, and I'm hoping a variety of fabrics will help with that.

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old July 13th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Morag in Scotland

I;ve realised my stash is very much biased towards the red/pink/purple
colours and I have very little in the way of greens in comparison. This may
be an issue with doing that Christmas Tree project I had thought about!!
Morag

Old July 13th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

1.Just trying to use up some of my stash (to make room for more!)
2. Dead relatives BEG aka Genealogy
ME-Judy

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Every so often one of us asks:

What are YOU collecting for?

It doesn't have to be a WIP ( have a due date ((Butterfly Attic Window))

Old July 13th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I'm collecting for a black/white quilt as you go quilt. I finished it
as a very nice lap quilt and my husband liked it so much he wanted it
to be queen sized for our bed. It's not a high priority; I'm just
collecting the fabic and putting it away until I have what it takes to
finish. So far the colors are black/white/deep auburn-barownn.

Sunny

Old July 13th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

I won't say what I envisioned when you said Dead relatives-other than it had
to do with photos....

Butterfly (every so often one of you CAN throw me for a loop)

Old July 13th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I am looking out for realistic bugs and other creepy crawlies - from
gnats to 'gators - but nothing cartoonish for this particular child.
He could be quite a lot older before the quilt is even planned! For
my own personal collection, it has to be owls, owls and owls which are
showing up more regularly right now!
jennellh (change the mail to news)

Old July 13th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Fabrics: darks and small prints for applique
Notions: any color of thread
Applique patterns--flowers, birds, & cats mostly.

British TV shows--mostly comedy and sci-fi (don't like Dr. Who), but I
loved "Life On Mars" too.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old July 13th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

I'll share some of my Dead Relatives - might also throw in a few living ones
if you'd like ;-).
Some of the older photos really look like a scary bunch!
--
Bonnie
NJ
"Judy" wrote in message
1.Just trying to use up some of my stash (to make room for more!)
2. Dead relatives BEG aka Genealogy
ME-Judy

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Every so often one of us asks:

What are YOU collecting for?

It doesn't have to be a WIP ( have a due date ((Butterfly Attic Window))
could even be a someday ((B/W))

or even have to be fabric ((Thimbles, cup/saucer, butterflies))

What are you collecting? Pat in Virginia Quilting 46 November 22nd 05 12:59 PM
Collecting buttons... Carol In WI Yarn 8 August 15th 05 04:04 PM
What are you looking for or collecting?? frood Quilting 39 July 24th 05 06:27 AM
Recipe Collecting clancy Needlework 0 March 13th 04 02:46 PM