I was almost one son short today (yes, bead related!)

Old April 23rd 04, 04:05 AM
katiewise

ROFL!! That is what I did with my mish-mash mess from the dog and
child. I picked out the Swarovski and a few other beads and just
bagged the rest up in 1lb bags.

Kalera Stratton wrote in message ...
You could always sell it as a custom mix on eBay and buy all new purple
seeds beads...

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Helen C wrote:
Well, I've started the sorting. Picking out the one color of bugles was
easy. But the 14 colors of seeds are going to take a while. A long while.
Glad you were all amused! At least it wasn't all over the house. Mainly in
one spot. And I even vacuumed and salveged (sp) those beads! Can't stand
bead soup but thanks for the suggestion. If it wasn't the only purples I
had I probably wouldn't worry about it. At least they're different enough
to sort (no close colors) Just time consuming. Didn't even beat the boy
(though the thought did run through my head) Just yelled at him. I think
he even tried to tell me he was sorry. Can't wait till I have this
next/last kid so I won't be so tired (HAW! Like that's gonna happen) In
about 16+ years maybe! Thanks for the support.

Later,

Helen C

Old April 24th 04, 06:38 AM
Barbara Otterson

And, in point of fact, you will look back on the
incident and smile in the not-too-distant future.
It's part of the "motherhood syndrome". It just
happens.
I have 2 that I thought about abandoning in a
shopping mall several times (just kidding!). I laugh
about most of the stuff now. Matt just came home
today for his leave before he ships out to Japan.
He also dropped the little bombshell that almost
everyone is having their tours extended to 2 years,
like it or not.
There were many times I wondered why I had
children. I never thought of myself as that great
a mom. But when I look at them as adults I'm so
proud to them. And worried. The world they inherit
is in pretty crappy shape at the moment.
I have 5 half-brothers. Between them they have
23 children. And Brian hardly counts, as he only
has one. My brother Chris and his wife want 8.
She is having one every 2 years so that she can
fit them all in and still be young enough to see the
eldest graduate from college(!?!?!).
If one of theirs pulls a really royal stunt, will anyone
notice if they come up one short?

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 0:02:57 -0400, Kathy N-V wrote:
Helen C wrote:
Well this family almost lost it's youngest (soon to be 3 year old if he
makes it that far) son.

And people always asked *why* I never had any kids.... =:-o

SNORK! Sistah!

I hear these stories and thank God that we stopped at one. Once there are
more of them than there are of you, you're done for. They also know when
you're totally exhausted and at the end of your rope. Like puppies, there's
a reason God made them so cute - they'd never survive otherwise.

OTOH, a friend of mine with seven(!) tells me that having a whole slew of
kids is much easier than just one. She claims they entertain/watch each
other. (Hers range from 17 to 3 - she plans on having more, too!)

Hlen, you have my sympathy and empathy. I certainly wouldn't bother sorting
all those purple beads - call it a custom bead mix, and smile whenever you
look at the finished piece.

Kathy N-V

Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen