AD: New auctions, website update, homebuying news!

Old October 9th 03, 05:58 AM
Kalera Stratton

Default AD: New auctions, website update, homebuying news!

I finally have new auctions! (whew, after a month and a half of family
visiting and trying to buy our new house, I thought I'd never get to the
torch.) There are a couple of relists in there, and also a bunch of
summer orphans (starting at .99), and stuff that happens when you play
with silver, (WHICH IS FUN) and a set that I'm nervously experimenting
with having the opening bid at .99, which I usually only do for orphan
sets. Check it out!

http://snurl.com/1sfe

On the website front, Moxley says my security certificate is installed
and checkout is ready to use! There are some sets on the site, and
eventually I'll get some text in there that not only explains who I am,
but also mentions stuff like the fact that I'm happy to do custom work
if you email me. I'll just make it and put i on the website for your
approval. But for now, it's pretty straightforward and the big guy tells
me it works.

http://beadwife.com

Last, but not least, we have run into yet another hitch with buying our
house... they just REALLY don't like the fact that Moxley is
self-employed! They didn't put me through this many hoops when I bought
my house... and I was a single mom with two kids making less than half
what we make now. It's not like the new house costs twice as much! Not
even close. So they just have a bug up their butts for some reason. I
didn't even KNOW they could do this after we signed the closing
documents, but here we go... however, we provided them with every single
thing they asked for, as usual, and they say the loan will fund tomorrow
morning. I'll believe it when I see it!

You guys have been so awesomely supportive, it's helped me from losing
it and curling into a fetal position in the corner, crying for Mommy.
This morning I actually asked Moxley what they would do if we just said
"Oh, well, I guess we give up. Never mind." ! (I still wish I could hear
their response if we did this. So many people have done so much work
processing our offer and loan, it would probably **** a LOT of people
off!)

--
-Kalera

---------

http://www.beadwife.com
auctions at http://www.snurl.com/1sfe
Old October 9th 03, 02:56 PM
Tink

Hey. That's weird. I thought closing was the END of it all. Everyone has
signed, so I can't imagine that anyone can back out now.

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

Old October 9th 03, 06:35 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Tink" wrote:

Hey. That's weird. I thought closing was the END of it all. Everyone has
signed, so I can't imagine that anyone can back out now.

--

Tink

Neither buyer nor seller can change their minds, but the *lender*
doesn't fund the loan for a couple of days after closing... and
apparently they can still change their mind at any time up until then.
Yesterday, they told us it should fund today, so that's what we're
waiting for!

--
-Kalera

---------

Old October 9th 03, 11:39 PM
Tink

Well THAT sucks. Please keep us posted. I just went through the whole house
thing last year, and still have the new grey hairs to prove it.

Good luck!

Old October 12th 03, 02:23 AM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
"Tink" wrote:

Well THAT sucks. Please keep us posted. I just went through the whole house
thing last year, and still have the new grey hairs to prove it.

Good luck!

--

Tink

We're moving stuff in today! And I replaced the HEINOUS cailing
fan/light in the kitchen with this:
http://snurl.com/irvington

Next, to remove the horrifying black 80's toilet and replace it with an
art deco loboy. The bathroom gets to be deco because the tub is deco and
I don't feel like removing a cast-iron built-in tub just so the bathroom
can look like 1909... besides, the bathroom wasn't put in until the 30's
so deco is as authentic as anything.

--
-Kalera

---------