Collecting for

Old July 15th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

Default Collecting for

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:28:38 GMT, Pati Cook wrote:

"weird stuff"
Pati, in Phx
http://community.webshots.com/user/PatiCooks

What is your weird stuff?

My weird stuff is scantily clad space babes fighting BEMs like on old
pulp sci-fi paperback covers. Another print is little green men. You
can't get much weirder.

Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old July 15th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
simpleseven

On Jul 13, 8:19 am, "Butterflywings"
wrote:
Every so often one of us asks:

What are YOU collecting for?

It doesn't have to be a WIP (Work in Progress) ((Christmas 6" finished
squares TATW))
have a due date ((Butterfly Attic Window))
could even be a someday ((B/W))

or even have to be fabric ((Thimbles, cup/saucer, butterflies))

so what ARE you collecting?

And if we ask for your snail addy PLEASE do not put it on here...private
email is best. ((Not all of us are in the Directory by choice))

Butterfly (looking forward to your replies)

Hi Butterfly,

I'm collecting for a frog/turtle/snake quilt my son and I have
designed on EQ6 and I'm also collecting for a snowman quilt...it's
going to be done in blues.
Other than those two quilt wannabe's...I collect quilting books, cook
books and fabrics of any colors. I noticed I need more browns and
blacks...not too many of those in my stash!

Launie, in Oregon
www.community.webshots.com/user/simpleseven

Old July 15th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
-dlm. in Central MA

On Jul 13, 11:19 am, "Butterflywings"
flitted by to pose the following query:

What are YOU collecting for?

I'm not collecting anything! Not only am I attempting to put my
fabric stash to good use, but I'm making use of the paper and stamp
sets that I already own rather than continuing to collect them. As
for non-quilting/non-stamping related objects, I still occasionally
purchase a "Cat's Meow" if it is from somewhere that I'm visiting. I
guess I can't give up collecting completely VBG.

- dlm. in Central MA

Old July 15th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:59:59 -0400, "Boca Jan"
wrote:

We love Dr. Who! I liked it when I watched it in the 70's and I like it now.
In fact, the new season is starting tonight!

Look around for a show called Hyperdrive. British sci-fi comedy.
Absolutely hilarious.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old July 15th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Out of curiosity: " Cat's Meow"
I feel for the poor cat....now, please 'splain

Butterfly (Who is sitting at present and not flitting until later today)

oups.com...

Old July 15th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Deanna in Virginia

Right now, I'm collecting bug fabrics to do a quilt for a child at
Pine ridge Reservation. Also, fabrics for I Spy quilts. Plus, I'm
always look for Native American prints, (I'm half Cherokee, Choctaw
and Irish).

I can say I collect fabric.... If it appeals and I have the money, it
comes home with me. My husband also brings me fabric home. He knows
and understands my addiction.

I collect old sewing machine also. My husband bought me a early 50's
Singer in it's orignial cabinet and when his mother passed, made sure
I got her 1950 Anniversary Feathweight in it's original case with all
of the accessories. I also got her 1960's Singer. I still have my
first sewing machine that I bought in 1970, a Kenmore. I have 2 old
children's machines.

Outside of sewing, I collect angels, ladybugs, bumble bees,
dragonflies and frogs.

Deanna

Old July 15th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Well, if you look closely at all the bits in the VW quilt (in my
webshots) you can see some of the "weird stuff". Grin. Most of those
bits came from fabric in the stash, or scraps left from cutting out
clothes for either myself or DH. VBG The "Troll" fabric was sent to
him by his "fan club" in San Diego, the yellow submarine is from a shirt
I made him.
He also has a shirt with alligators laying on lounge chairs, holding
drinks with little umbrellas in them, under beach umbrellas,etc.
Then there is all the "robot" fabric, the space alien fabric, (parts of
which can be seen in the quilt) and all sorts of other things.
There is also all the fabric in what some people consider "odd" color
combinations, some of which are now becoming very popular. G (I have
always loved turquoisey blue and brown, for example. )

Anything that is "off the wall" is liable to end up in my stash if I see
it and have the money for it. G Often DH is the one to find it too.
Yes he finds fabric for me. One of the most unusual pieces I have he
brought back from a business trip to Geneva one year. It is a Dutch
Batik, for export to Africa, and is a piece that is about 6 yards. Each
yard is a repeat of a "map" of Africa, which runs crosswise. Still
haven't figured out what to do with it, but I am working on it.

And Australian fabric that I really do need to get a move on. It was
sent to me by the distributor. Really need to get that quilt done.
Really need to decide what to do with it.......

Old July 15th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Since I am a scrap collector, I would have to say SCRAPS! Any colour, any
size, any thing that is 100% cotton and is a scrap, I collect. I am too much
of a free thinker to follow any kind of real patterns.

My favourite colours are red, lime green, and yellow. (right now anyway)

I am collecting fabric for a Halloween quilt for my oldest son as well. I
have all the backing I need from a yard sale but the scrappy front is in
need of something. I don't like the kiddie kind of prints, I am more looking
for the creepy spider cauldron skeleton black/orange type of stuff.

Off topic collections?
Pigs. I love pigs. Right now the pig collection is getting worked into the
decor in my sewing room where I can appreciate them fully. The rest of my
family isn't as into pigs as I am for some odd reason?
Apples. My kitchen is lime green and pale yellow with green and red apples
as the accents.
Anything Halloween that is gory, scary and on the disgusting edge. I don't
do cute Halloween at all. Our yard haunt is the most popular and scary in
town and we have a reputation to keep up here. Anything from props, sounds,
gadgets and kitchen sink kind of items are used in our haunt each year.
(takes us about 9 hours to fully set up and be ready for the little trick or
treaters that come to visit the haunted yard)

On and off topic collection:
Anything Coke a Cola and Firefighter related. Fabric, notions, or anything
that has these on them I am collecting for my husband. Before he was
disabled in an accident he was a firefighter and it is still his passion
even though he will never again hold that title in his lifetime. I have a
goal of putting together a lap quilt for him with these two themes if I can
ever collect enough scraps to get it done.

I was collecting cancer pins and fabrics for a time as well but those have
been put on hold. I am also a cancer survivor of 14 years now and was going
to make a ME quilt with them but you know how the ME quilt goes.....
eventually maybe I may try to find some little bits of time for me after I
get the rest of this stuff done?? uh huh..... tomorrow never comes right?
lol

~KK in BC~

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
: Every so often one of us asks:
:
: What are YOU collecting for?
:

Old July 15th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I forgot to mention I am in search of the North Dakota state quarter. It was
out last year, but I guess I am too far away for one to reach me yet.

I would be happy to swap with someone a fat quarter for a ND quarter. ;-)

please send me an email if you are willing. I only need one quarter.

Thank you all!

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old July 16th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack

Let me dig through my change stash. I very well may have one hiding in
there...

--
Debi

Chaos, panic and disorder ... my work here is done.

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
[...]

What are you collecting? Pat in Virginia Quilting 46 November 22nd 05 12:59 PM
Collecting buttons... Carol In WI Yarn 8 August 15th 05 04:04 PM
What are you looking for or collecting?? frood Quilting 39 July 24th 05 06:27 AM
Recipe Collecting clancy Needlework 0 March 13th 04 02:46 PM