OT Hurricane Jeanne - here we go AGAIN!

Old September 25th 04, 03:10 PM
Linda2

Default OT Hurricane Jeanne - here we go AGAIN!

It looks like we are going to be hit by the 4th hurricane of the season. The
forecasters are still undecided as to exactly where it's going to land in
Florida but we are already feeling some of the wind gusts and the rain. I'm
hunkered down and ready.

Fellow Floridians, be safe!

Linda2

--
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence
of our friends."

Old September 25th 04, 05:10 PM
Dawn Scannell

I'm about 100 north of you in St. Lucie County, right where they expect
landfall again! But we're as ready as we can be. We had just taken our
shutters off last Saturday when the storm turned away from us. Figures! This
is it. One more storm and I'm moving to Arizona! LOL! But I'm taking my palm
trees with me!

Please be safe Linda!

Dawn

ink.net...

Old September 25th 04, 06:14 PM
Linda2

"Dawn Scannell" wrote:

Please be safe Linda!

You, too, Dawn!

Linda2

Old September 26th 04, 03:03 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Yup - we're on the frontend of this one, for a change, so we're in for a
very wet Sunday.

Stay safe, ya'll.

B.

ink.net...

Old September 26th 04, 11:21 AM
Beadbimbo

Hope all you Fla. people stay safe!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ink.net...

Old September 26th 04, 02:10 PM
Linda2

I made it through a night of howling wind and heavy rain without losing
power this time. Last time, I had no power for six days, this time I Iucked
out.

I took a quick drive to the local convenience store this morning. Not much
damage, a few newly-planted trees down. Power seems to be on locally. Heavy
dark clouds still hanging overhead, although the hurricane warning has been
lifted for Broward county. Some gusty winds and sheeting rain every now and
then. The Middle River, two block from my home, has risen above the seawall
and is now lapping at lawns bordering it. The Muscovy ducks are waddling all
over, feasting on whatever bugs and worms have come above ground to escape
the water.

I'm restraining myself from going to the beach to check for treasures washed
ashore. Yesterday morning, the waves were coming clear up to the seawall.
I'm not looking forward to seeing how badly this storm has continued the
beach erosion.

Jeanne is now headed for the west coast. I'm hoping all Florida beaders will
check in and let us know how they've fared through yet another hurricane.

Linda2

--
"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Hope all you Fla. people stay safe!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ink.net...

Old September 26th 04, 03:56 PM
starlia

I'm glad you are okay. Next time though I'm coming to sit it out with you
with metal detectors in hand. One for you and one for me. Then we can
detect to our heart's delight.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

k.net...

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Hope all you Fla. people stay safe!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ink.net...

Old September 26th 04, 04:24 PM
Tinkster

If anyone knows how Indialantic and Melbourne Beach fared, I'd like to
know. Thanks...

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old September 26th 04, 04:39 PM
JoAnn Paules

I know that the Daytona area is getting hit as I type. My brother just
called my mom. They just lost power, have not cable, phone lines are still
up tho. As my niece was talking to Mom she screamed. She thought another
tree fell on the house (happened the last time, minimal damage). Apparently
they lost an 8' section of the roofing shingles. Not the roof itself tho.
Thank heavens!

They're going to call again about 2 EST if they can for further updates.
They figure tha's about the time the worst will be over with.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Tinkster" wrote in message
If anyone knows how Indialantic and Melbourne Beach fared, I'd like to
know. Thanks...

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

---

Old September 26th 04, 06:14 PM
KDK

Glad you are ok Linda. This has been a horrible hurricane season.

Kathy K
k.net...

"Beadbimbo" wrote in message
Hope all you Fla. people stay safe!