How many black people can quilt?

Old March 10th 05, 12:54 PM
AliceW

I thought perhaps rewording the subject might be in order. I don't want to
"feed" this troll, but don't like seeing the subject line either.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

wrote in message
oups.com...
: Kate Dicey wrote:
: The jury is still
: out on the little green people with purple hair, due to lack of
: evidence
: either way.
:
: I am purple with green hair, and I can quilt.....
:
: Helen Howes
: Our Lady of the Biscuits
: http://www.helenhowestextiles.co.uk
: http://www.raindropkites.co.uk
:

Old March 10th 05, 02:08 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Know what you mean about bitten. Apparently I touched a nerve and have been
getting some nasty emails about my opinions regarding fabric bought at LQS
or other stores. Geeeze Loooooouise, haven't some folk learned that
opinions are like belly buttons? Everyone has one....!!
--
SNIGDIBBLY (busy using her "block sender" button)
~e~
"handmaiden" wrote in message
georg wrote:
Maaxx wrote:

Something ignorant

Wow. And you learned to use a computer.

Isn't that just special.

-georg

See, now when I respond to one of these stupid things I get bitten. You've
got the touch apparently, georg... guess I'll leave it to you.
~handmaiden

Old March 10th 05, 02:11 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

Hey - being in some folks kill files can be a good thing!! I've learned
that there are a lot of folk who need to loosen their girdles a little to
get more oxygen to their brain cells. Course - some have irreversible
brain damage already.... LOL!!
--
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"georg" wrote in message
handmaiden wrote:

See, now when I respond to one of these stupid things I get bitten.
You've got the touch apparently, georg... guess I'll leave it to you.
~handmaiden

I've been bitten for it too.

I liked the "election" myself.

It is probably true that the best way to respond to a troll is by not
responding at all, but I will if I want to be funny, or if it looks like a
personal response may change things. And for all I know, I've been tossed
into people's killfiles as a result.

-georg

Old March 10th 05, 04:24 PM
Diana Curtis

My ex husband doesnt have a belly button. :-)
Yep. some folks need a little chill pill for reading the ng. sometimes that
folks is me. :-)
Diana

newsxYXd.2083$N15.28@okepread06...

Old March 10th 05, 05:40 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Diana, was he hatched? Like some kind of reptile?

Ragmop/Sandy--only see the trolls thru' the responses
from regular ng posters;
btw: dissenting opinions are as valid as defensive ones ;-D

Old March 10th 05, 06:28 PM
Diana Curtis

His belly button herniated and so the drs. removed it. I dont think the ex
misses it, just the lint that used to accumulate.
Oh.. you know Rags, sometimes I just dont think before I post... sometimes
I dont snip and I always forget to change the header. I dont like seeing
this crud anymore than the next person but I rush and forget that in
responding Im the one helping perpetuating it. Its hard to resist the bait.
I shall go forth and sin no more. :-)
Hugs
Diana

news

Old March 10th 05, 06:42 PM
Louise

I have a friend whose mother had abdominal surgery of some kind. The doctor
told her when she woke up she would no longer have a belly button. No
problem, she said, that's one less thing to have to clean!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old March 11th 05, 12:29 AM
Kang

"AliceW" wrote in
:

I thought perhaps rewording the subject might be in order. I don't want
to "feed" this troll, but don't like seeing the subject line either.

There's nothing wrong with saying "black people". I swear people are way
too sensitive.
Old March 11th 05, 12:45 AM
AliceW

I have no objection to the words. I object to how they were used. No one
ever accused me of being "way too sensitive".

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/index.htm (add a recipe)
"Just about the time a woman thinks her work is done, she becomes a
grandmother." Edward H. Dreschnack

"Kang" wrote in message
eenews.net...
: "AliceW" wrote in
: :
:

Old March 11th 05, 02:59 AM
DrQuilter

really? personal emails about that? what did you say again? if it was
that you can find bad fabric in the LQS, I totally agree.

SNIGDIBBLY wrote:
Know what you mean about bitten. Apparently I touched a nerve and have been
getting some nasty emails about my opinions regarding fabric bought at LQS
or other stores. Geeeze Loooooouise, haven't some folk learned that
opinions are like belly buttons? Everyone has one....!!

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)