Apparently I have nothing better to do...

Old November 13th 04, 01:48 PM
AliceW

My DH knows exactly how much fabric I have - according to him:
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo much"! But my sister
disagrees with him, as she often does. She thinks (knows!) I have "More
than you'll evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr use".

Of course, I don't think I have quite enough. I think I'll go shopping!
;)

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
: joysjane wrote:
:
: Okay, I asked about washing fabric a few weeks ago. I started washing
and
: then realized that I would have to do it all, because I couldn't make a
: quilt with some washed and some unwashed fabric. So, I started to wash
it
: all and wash and iron and wash and iron and ... well you know ... I
finally
: finished and then decided I wanted to know just how much fabric I have.
So,
: I counted FQ and yardage and marked the larger pieces of what I have and
: then added it all up. I have 802 FQ (geesh!) and a grand total of 550
: yards of fabric. OMG!!! That doesn't include any charms, scraps or
WIP. I
: also have some fabric that I ordered still coming yet. Now, I'll have
: sort it all out and then get back to sewing.
:
: How much fabric do you have???
:
: joysjane
:
:
: 29 boxes of garment fabric, a stack of quilting fabric, and more garment
: fabric arrived the other day... I no longer count yardage, I count
: cubic metres!
:
: --
: Kate XXXXXX
: Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
: http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
: Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old November 13th 04, 01:48 PM
Roberta Zollner

SABLE
But then, there's no such thing as too much fabric.
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap

"joysjane" wrote in message
Okay, I asked about washing fabric a few weeks ago. I started washing and
then realized that I would have to do it all, because I couldn't make a
quilt with some washed and some unwashed fabric. So, I started to wash it
all and wash and iron and wash and iron and ... well you know ... I

finally
finished and then decided I wanted to know just how much fabric I have.

So,
I counted FQ and yardage and marked the larger pieces of what I have and
then added it all up. I have 802 FQ (geesh!) and a grand total of 550
yards of fabric. OMG!!! That doesn't include any charms, scraps or WIP.

also have some fabric that I ordered still coming yet. Now, I'll have to

Old November 13th 04, 02:14 PM
Julia Altshuler

I keep track of how much money I spend on fabric, not how much I have on
hand. I'm sure it is a lot. If I did get it into my head to determine
exactly how much, I'd rig up a system so I could weigh it and make a
guess based on the weight of a yard of fabric. I'd go nuts measuring it
by the yard since I often rip off a 5" strip from fabrics as soon as I
get them home and use those for charms and charm exchanges.

--Lia

Old November 13th 04, 05:26 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"joysjane" wrote:

Okay, I asked about washing fabric a few weeks ago. I started washing and
then realized that I would have to do it all, because I couldn't make a
quilt with some washed and some unwashed fabric. So, I started to wash it
all and wash and iron and wash and iron and ... well you know ... I finally
finished and then decided I wanted to know just how much fabric I have. So,
I counted FQ and yardage and marked the larger pieces of what I have and
then added it all up. I have 802 FQ (geesh!) and a grand total of 550
yards of fabric. OMG!!! That doesn't include any charms, scraps or WIP. I
also have some fabric that I ordered still coming yet. Now, I'll have to
sort it all out and then get back to sewing.

How much fabric do you have???

joysjane

I refuse to even contemplate whether I have a lot or a little or
something in between. g If I did that, I might have to stop shopping
for a while!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old November 13th 04, 05:57 PM
Diana Curtis

Im with you. Im going to remain in blissful ignorance. Lets just call it
*Almost Enough*.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
In article ,

Old November 13th 04, 06:00 PM
nana2b

Some things are better left unknown. For instance, if DH asks "How much
fabric do you have in that closet?" I can honestly say I don't know, with a
clear conscience and no finger crossing. VBG, Linda in Tx

Old November 13th 04, 06:37 PM
Pati Cook

I don't think I want to know how much fabric I have. Much more than I
will ever use, that's for sure. (I am giving a bunch of it away at our
chapter holiday party, we do "goodie bags" for everyone and I am
donating a fat quarter for each.) And Yes, I do keep buying fabric.
I have been collecting fabric, mostly for clothing, for a loooooong
time. And clothing yardage means 3-6 yards or more at a time. While I
was working at House of Fabrics/Jo-Ann's it occasionally meant whole
bolts of fabric, or what was left on the bolt.
Long ago I reached SABLE status, but I lurve fabric.......... a lot. LOL

Pati, in Phx

Old November 13th 04, 06:46 PM
Allyson Brown

Egads, I'm organizing a world tour and coming to visit each and every one of
you!!!!!
And to think I was feeling guilty about what I have (and no DH to feel
guilty for), and was planning to clean up my UFOs next year. I think I
probably have 60 FQs (if that) and less than 10 1yd pieces. Honestly!! Hence
the tour.
I need to calm down and start shopping to keep up with you folks.
allyson

Old November 13th 04, 07:22 PM
R. E. Wicker

Dear joysjane,
I could wish and wish I had only 550 yards of fabric. In that
mammoth room 20 x 12 or 14 I have a hugh island of filled metal
shelves, then three of the walls full of more metal shelves and bins,
and don't forget the closet and under the bed. There is so much
material that I am planning to take some with me. You know, when I
die. That could be sooner than the seven years allotted for the
Veterans of WWII of which I am one, to live....Have a new doctor and
he doesn't seem to READ, thinks I have vertigo and
arthritis....hasn't turn the page to where the heart diease or the
five attacks I've had to say nothing of the severe Asthma. My dear
mother died of an asthma induced heart attack. That looms. I was up
to his office last Monday....not eligible. At least 5 people have
offered me their flu shot, but I don't think they are transferrable.
I'm going to make a sign to wear to my Cardiac Rehab classes three
times a week....don't come near me with a cold.

Are we talking about quilting. Right! How many yards? This is a
Blue Saturday.

Rhoda