I'm murdering DH tomorrow

Old October 10th 04, 05:00 AM
MoragP

Try motels farther out...........or are they booked too BRBR

Yes. They are booked too.

I don't understand why they have the show in Paducah, which is a very small
town, when there isn't enough housing for the folks who want to attend. I
might get a pillow and stowaway in the AQS museum. After all, there are plenty
of comfy quilts there.
Morag in Detroit
Old October 10th 04, 05:02 AM
MoragP

Maybe you could room with Martha.

Possibly but she'll be out in 5 months. I think they might keep me a bit longer
for Murder One.

Of course, I might be able to plead Justifiable Homicide and get off scot free.

Morag in Detroit
Old October 10th 04, 05:10 AM
MoragP

Thanks Pauline for the link and the words of encouragement.
I'll resume calling from the list tomorrow. The places that have January 2005
dates are full but are opening their waiting lists then.

I may just content myself with the Expo in Nashville in August. I had such fun
at that this year. We'll see.
Morag in Detroit
Old October 10th 04, 05:21 AM
maryd

The show in Sisters, Oregon, attracts thousands too and they don't have the
facilities to house everyone. Luckily we can drive there and back and enjoy
the show in a day.

--
Mary

Old October 10th 04, 01:25 PM
the black rose

Betty in Wi wrote:
Maybe you could room with Martha........

I don't know about anybody else, but I find it VASTLY amusing that
Martha wanted to go to a nice prison near a big city and ended up in
West Virginia. *snorfle*
Old October 10th 04, 01:31 PM
KJ

Well the American Quilters Society was started in Paducah. Their museum is
there, as well as their corporate offices. They now have a show in
Nashville with easier access to accommodations, so maybe you would consider
that one if you can't make arrangements for Paducah. There is also a large
show in the Chicago area in the spring, not by AQS however. It's put on by
the Houston people. I also have heard the Minnesota State guild show is a
very large one. Keep your eyes and ear open and you will hear of many shows
in time to make arrangements to attend. Good luck!
The problem with staying in the museum is that their comfy quilts are
hanging on the wall! That would make for uncomfortable sleeping positions!

Kathyl
remove "nospam-" before mchsi

Old October 10th 04, 04:29 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Before you murder DH, starting checking for B and Bs in the area and
hotels in near by towns in KY and IL.

MoragP wrote:
I had planned to go to the AQS show in Paducah, Kentucky in April 2005.
When I told my DH I was going to make the hotel reservation right away, he
poo-poohed the idea saying I was much too early!

I'm having a public strangulation party for him tomorrow. Every hotel in
Paducah is already full. WAAAAAAAAAAA : (
Morag in Detroit

Old October 10th 04, 07:59 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Get thee to Illinois (just across the border
from Paducah and up the road towards Chicago)
earlier in April, April 8-10, 2005
and go to the International Quilt Show in Rosemont.
More places to stay, same time of the year, and many
of your RCTQ buddies will be there.
Now, go beat yourself up for choosing to listen to a man
and take his advice, and leave the poor guy alone.

Ragmop/Sandy--changing the subject line..

Old October 14th 04, 02:15 AM
MADQuilter

This is as "bad" as what my DH did to me, only it was Houston. As 2004
began we looked back at what we'd done in 2003 and forward to what we wanted
to do in 2004.

Now, he knows I'm a quilter, and has even learned quite a bit about quilts.
So I tell him, "this year I don't care how many airshows we have to miss we
are going to Houston or Paducah". Silly man takes me literally and accepts
a new position in Houston!! Guess Paducah is the weekend of a pretty
big/important airshow!

Thinking that in 2005 I'll be a little more specific with my "demands".....

MADQuilter in Houston

Old October 14th 04, 03:32 AM
Kellie J. Berger

sounds like what my DH did too! so are you settled in yet?

-- kellie
bergerk at sbcglobal dot net
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ber....net/my_photos