OT pitiful Polly

Old July 20th 12, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT pitiful Polly

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:52:52 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:

I realize that some of you are quilting and not enthralled about the new
eyesight I am beginning. I am delighted that you are doing the journey
with me. Some of you may get older and sharing the journey may
encourage you to do it too. That selfish excuse aside ... my hand where
they had the iv installed is sore and pitifully black. Seems to be
growing which probably is to be expected. Anything I can do? Have a
pity party? Send sympathy cards? Ice? Heat? Major big order of fq's ?
It's kind of ugly and we have company coming Sunday and I don't want
them to faint. Silly, ungrateful, prideful. There's an 8 year-old who
will be expecting some drawing lessons from Aunt Polly and I don't want
her to faint dead-away from my black hand. Polly

Usually I get big honking bruises from IVs, blood draws, and shots.
However since the medical people have discovered I am a mutant they are
being more careful. I haven't had more than a faint blue-yellow mark,
except for transfusion lines, in a long time.
Arnica cream on the skin, and spicy food usually helped me in the past.
Arnica is just magic on bruises. A bit of spice in the diet improves
circulation and rinses the bruise through faster. The most dramatic I
have ever had was several years back when the inside of my elbow was just
black and the whole area was so swollen I couldn't move my arm right (I
am assuming that the nurse was in a crazy bad mood). I put a bit of
arnica on it, and then DH made a Bengal curry for supper (knocks any tex-
mex, or even Thai into a cocked hat when it comes to fiery). The next
morning you could barely tell where the bruising was, and my arm was no
longer swollen.
If you cannot handle a bit of spice in your mouth, try those capsules of
cayenne or ginger.

And by the way I am now envisioning you with an eyepatch, a pirate hat
with a skull and cross needles on it, a quilted parrot on your shoulder,
and wearing black lace mitts. You should try it, bet it would cut quite
a swathe down to the feed store.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old July 20th 12, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

ICE. A vein has a tiny nick in it and is very slowly leaking blood.
Ice it and keep it elevated as much as possible.
Gen

Old July 20th 12, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

I forgot to mention----do NOT take any aspirin or blood thinners until
it heals.
Gen

On 7/20/2012 9:44 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
You're right. Was just weary last night. If not better by Sunday, I'll
just draw a smiley face on. This morning I glanced from the laundry room
across the kitchen and family room and could read the bottom line on the
tv where they give the temperatures across the country. WOWzer.

Old July 20th 12, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Poor Mr. Esther. He's supposed to watch me until I'm stable. I'm thinking
he'll give up soon. Polly

"Gen" ICE. A vein has a tiny nick in it and is very slowly leaking

Old July 20th 12, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Can't think why he should stop now, Polly. He's been trying for more
than 50 years didn't you say? These tryers don't just quit g
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Poor Mr. Esther. He's supposed to watch me until I'm stable. I'm
thinking he'll give up soon. Polly

"Gen" ICE. A vein has a tiny nick in it and is very slowly leaking
blood.
Ice it and keep it elevated as much as possible.

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old July 21st 12, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I play dirty. Prepared his favorite shrimp gumbo and had a warm apple
cobbler waiting. Got him full and leaned back "just resting his eyes" in
his best chair. Yogi turned around 3 times kicking down all the imagined
tall grass in his bed and collapsed. Nobody's watching me. How sweet it
is. Polly

"Pat S" ...

Old July 21st 12, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ursula Schrader

"Polly Esther" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I realize that some of you are quilting and not enthralled about the new
eyesight I am beginning. I am delighted that you are doing the journey
with me. Some of you may get older and sharing the journey may encourage
you to do it too. That selfish excuse aside ... my hand where they had
the iv installed is sore and pitifully black. Seems to be growing which
probably is to be expected. Anything I can do? Have a pity party? Send
sympathy cards? Ice? Heat? Major big order of fq's ? It's kind of ugly
and we have company coming Sunday and I don't want them to faint. Silly,
ungrateful, prideful. There's an 8 year-old who will be expecting some
drawing lessons from Aunt Polly and I don't want her to faint dead-away
from my black hand. Polly

Oh, poor, poor Polly! There, there, a pat on your back and you'll feel
better (or perhaps a shopping trip to the nearest fabric or quilting store
might help even better?). But seriously: Are you on marcumar? It really
shouldn't spread that much. Otherwise - eat fresh pineapple for increased
enzymatic reduction of the free blood (I had a medical product with
pineapple enzymes in it when I had the broken nose & black eye), and put
some make-up on the hand, if your scholars are that sensitive. My own DD ( 5
y. o.) would be hard to keep from the sight since it is another of Mother
Nature's spectacles that come free and afford maximum entertainment since
family members are included. (Mind you, blood seeping or splashing out of
the hand would be even better.)

U.

Old July 23rd 12, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_3_]

Not a good idea to go off blood thinners without your doctor's knowledge
and approval.

Donna in Idaho

On 7/20/2012 1:10 PM, Gen wrote:
I forgot to mention----do NOT take any aspirin or blood thinners until
it heals.
Gen

On 7/20/2012 9:44 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
You're right. Was just weary last night. If not better by Sunday, I'll
just draw a smiley face on. This morning I glanced from the laundry room
across the kitchen and family room and could read the bottom line on the
tv where they give the temperatures across the country. WOWzer.

Polly, are you okay? Sherry Starr Quilting 16 March 3rd 07 03:39 PM
For Polly Val Quilting 1 January 16th 07 08:52 AM
from Polly Polly Esther Quilting 21 September 6th 05 07:00 PM
Most pitiful UFO KARoloff Yarn 11 September 13th 03 01:14 PM
Most pitiful UFO Kayrun Yarn 0 September 12th 03 11:38 PM