quilt show "how to" question

Old September 3rd 07, 10:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Default quilt show "how to" question

I helped hang quilts at Quilts in the Garden (the show Alex is affiliated
with) last year & no precautions were taken at all. I think you just hope
your quilt doesn't get slattered on, but, as someone else said, quilts can
be washed & if you have a quilt you don't wish to be washed, perhaps you
shouldn't put it in the show. I love seeing all the quilts hanging in the
nursery & also at Sisters - wish we could do an outdoor show too, but ours
is indoors (same weekend as Alex's show).

Pauline
Northern California
"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message
We're talking about having an outdoor quilt show here, but there's
something we can't figure out. What do you about birds dropping by - or
dropping in - or just - - - dropping. We're afraid of getting the quilts
ruined. That's all we'd need for our first local quilt show to end in a
big disaster.
Any advice or experience?

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 3rd 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

A couple weeks ago I picked blueberries at a farm. They
want to keep birds away from the berries, so they have
a recording of a scolding bird playing constantly. It
is quite loud, but that may work. You could also post
some of those owl dummies. These suggestions would not
solve the problem of high flying birds though. Talk to
a berry farmer or your cooperative extension.

If people move material goods outdoors, they have to
expect issues with flora and fauna. Go with Debra's
fine disclaimer suggestion.

PAT in VA/USA

Old September 3rd 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 10:40:11 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

A seagull got DD once when she was water-skiing. How's that for
split-second timing? Fortunately, mulberries don't grow in the Gulf and
there was plenty of water to wash her off. Polly

That's pretty funny. I've got an even closer timing story. My step
father was a construction man and you know those fellas often eat
outdoors. One day he was sitting on a pile of building material,
unwrapped his sandwich, opened it to add some pepper, and a flying
bird picked that moment to "pepper" it before he did.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at