Apparently I have nothing better to do...

Old November 15th 04, 09:18 AM
Kate Dicey

R. E. Wicker wrote:

Dear joysjane,
I could wish and wish I had only 550 yards of fabric. In that
mammoth room 20 x 12 or 14 I have a hugh island of filled metal
shelves, then three of the walls full of more metal shelves and bins,
and don't forget the closet and under the bed. There is so much
material that I am planning to take some with me. You know, when I
die. That could be sooner than the seven years allotted for the
Veterans of WWII of which I am one, to live....Have a new doctor and
he doesn't seem to READ, thinks I have vertigo and
arthritis....hasn't turn the page to where the heart diease or the
five attacks I've had to say nothing of the severe Asthma. My dear
mother died of an asthma induced heart attack. That looms. I was up
to his office last Monday....not eligible. At least 5 people have
offered me their flu shot, but I don't think they are transferrable.
I'm going to make a sign to wear to my Cardiac Rehab classes three
times a week....don't come near me with a cold.

Yikes! Don't athsmatics qualify for free flu shots? They do here, as
do diabetics and anyone over a certain age (not sure what the age is,
but my mum is 75 and she gets them), and a bunch of other folk. DH has
just had his. Anyone can ask for one here, but you have to pay the
prescription charge if you don't fall into an exempt group.

Are we talking about quilting. Right! How many yards? This is a
Blue Saturday.

Sounds good! Insulate yourself from the flu germs with a new layer of
fabric!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old November 15th 04, 01:50 PM
Maureen Wozniak

I've given up keeping track of either. And lets not even think about
fabric dye and yarn and ribbon and....

Every once in a while I wonder where all my money went, then I go down
to my sewing room. Oh yeah.

I get so depressed I have to go buy more fabric to cheer myself up.

Julia Altshuler wrote:

I keep track of how much money I spend on fabric, not how much I have on
hand. I'm sure it is a lot. If I did get it into my head to determine
exactly how much, I'd rig up a system so I could weigh it and make a
guess based on the weight of a yard of fabric. I'd go nuts measuring it
by the yard since I often rip off a 5" strip from fabrics as soon as I
get them home and use those for charms and charm exchanges.

--Lia

Old November 15th 04, 05:34 PM
Butterfly

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
R. E. Wicker wrote:
(((Snipping here to save room)))

Yikes! Don't athsmatics qualify for free flu shots?

******Yes, we do....just let the ppl in charge know that you have it. I
won't be getting one this year--had a reaction the last 2 yrs to it. Dr
says "you were a recluse before--now you will have to be a hermit until Flu
Season is over--just keep an eye online for when it hits and stay home."
((Well--at least he does have a sense of humor which is more that I can say
about that last Dr we had ; )) Did a LOT of grocery shopping yesterday AM
when everyone else was in church, etc...hardly anyone in the store.....now
will only have to have the kidlets pick up perishables at Holiday time : )

Sounds good! Insulate yourself from the flu germs with a new layer of
fabric!

******Sounds like a PLAN to me ; )
Butterfly

Old November 15th 04, 09:37 PM
R. E. Wicker

Thank you Butterfly! That is the happiest sounding reply I've read so
far. There was a lot of coughing at the place I take cardiac rehab
three times a week. I'd better start staying home. Goodness know I
might be drive to use what energy I do have to make a warm wrap-around
for the cold months ahead.

Rhoda

http://home.att.net/~rhodaberry

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:34:49 GMT, "Butterfly"
wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
(((Snipping here to save room)))

Old November 16th 04, 01:08 AM
Butterfly

I lucked out.finished PT a week ago--and If I am really lucky I won't have
to go back again for a LONG time--yes, they were GOOD and good ppl to be
with, but after going since Apr--it got to be a bit tiring.
Keep up with yours as long as needed. They never did anything like that for
my mom after she had her major heart surgery (Unless she refused it and
didn't tell us--you never know with her--she's 82 and runs circles around me
most of the time) She did get some GOOD news this week--they now say she can
have a bit of hamburger and liver (she LIKES that ; ) but not 2 days in a
row..she was pleased.
Stay warm and stay healthy this winter
Butterfly
"R. E. Wicker" wrote in message

Thank you Butterfly! That is the happiest sounding reply I've read so
far. There was a lot of coughing at the place I take cardiac rehab
three times a week. I'd better start staying home. Goodness know I
might be drive to use what energy I do have to make a warm wrap-around
for the cold months ahead.

Rhoda

http://home.att.net/~rhodaberry

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:34:49 GMT, "Butterfly"
wrote:

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
(((Snipping here to save room)))

Old November 16th 04, 01:45 AM
Pat in Virginia

J/J
How much fabric do I have? I don't really know for sure.
More than last month, less than next month! Yep, that's my
story!
PAT in VA/USA

joysjane wrote:

How much fabric do you have???

joysjane

Old November 16th 04, 02:40 AM
DrQuilter

I have occasionally felt urges like the one described below, but I've
always managed to repress hem, I prefer to spend my limited quilting
time actually quiling!!! )

joysjane wrote:
Okay, I asked about washing fabric a few weeks ago. I started washing and
then realized that I would have to do it all, because I couldn't make a
quilt with some washed and some unwashed fabric. So, I started to wash it
all and wash and iron and wash and iron and ... well you know ... I finally
finished and then decided I wanted to know just how much fabric I have. So,
I counted FQ and yardage and marked the larger pieces of what I have and
then added it all up. I have 802 FQ (geesh!) and a grand total of 550
yards of fabric. OMG!!! That doesn't include any charms, scraps or WIP. I
also have some fabric that I ordered still coming yet. Now, I'll have to
sort it all out and then get back to sewing.

How much fabric do you have???

joysjane

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old November 16th 04, 02:48 AM
DrQuilter

the problem is that the companies misscalculated and there are not
enough doses. there was talk of an investigaion since some people think
the government should definitely be involved in the calculations so that
this does no happen again. people here in seattle were organizing trips
to canada - the price of the ticket included the flu shot. I have not
been able to get one for sofi, and the poor baby has had a fever for two
days now and is feeling quite cranky... not sure it is the flu though...
she was fine when we visited the doctor earlier of course... she should
have some protection since I got it last year, she still has some
immunit inherited from me and the say it is a related strain....

Old November 16th 04, 03:08 AM
ME-Judy

Enough to almost fill --- oooooh, make that "insulate" a closet. I tried a
couple years ago to sort by color, so it's mostly organized, but then I buy
some more and find space is getting tight. I'll also likely die before I
use it all up, but what the heck. It's a better addiction than some things I
can think of G
ME-Judy

"joysjane" wrote in message
How much fabric do you have???

Old November 16th 04, 04:25 AM
Ginger in CA

My DMIL who is 92 is on a "wait" list. Her dr has no vaccine and the
County will let her know if they get some for her.

I cannot get a flu shot even with my medical problems. Will have to
tough it out this year.

As for fabric, weeeeeeellllll, I've got enough to do lots of things,
but never the "just right" one for most projects. Surely you can
relate. To give you an idea, if all my fabric was in those 10-ream
paper boxes, there would be about 25-30+ of them. Will be going thru
the stash in next few months and weeding out fabrics. Next Spring I
will be setting up our Airstream trailer as my studio while DH
remodels house )

Have a peace-filled/piece-filled day,
Ginger in CA

"Butterfly" wrote in message . ..