My quilt won a ribbon

Old July 19th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Default My quilt won a ribbon

Kathyl posted about our fun visit yesterday. I usually don't allow too
many people to see my studio but not too many of my RCTQ friends have
visited so close to my home. Thought if she made the drive she could
see the stash. Yes, she is right about the 125 quilts. I think I have
posted a little about this project in the past. Once the project is
finished and I have good pictures I will tell you more. Since I am
home taking care of my mother this year I thought it was time to
finish many of those UFO's and partially finished step by step block
illustrations left from 25 years of teaching quilting.

We attended a small quilt show in Batavia about 15 miles southwest of
my home. I had several quilts entered. The show coordinator just
called to tell me that my Civil War Love Letters quilt won Viewer's
Choice Best of Show! Kathyl and I didn't even vote! This quilt is made
from a book by Rosemary Youngs. Each of the 121 quilt blocks is
accompanied by an actual love letter written by or to a Civil War
Soldier. It is similar to her "Civil War Diaries" book published
several years ago. The books have drawings of the blocks but do not
include any patterns. A CD with the patterns for each book is
available for purchase from Rosemary directly. You must have EQ5 or
EQ6 to use the CD. As with any EQ pattern you can print either
templates or foundation patterns. I used foundation method for almost
all blocks. Sorry I don't have a picture of my quilt posted but you
could find pictures of similar quilts through a Google search.

Now I must go wash my hair and try to spiff myself up. They want to
take my photograph with the quilt for the local newspaper. I was
planning on sending my husband to pick-up the quilts. Guess there
won't be any sewing time this afternoon.

Susan

Old July 19th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

Congratulations! Will you post some photos here? We would like to
see!
Old July 19th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_6_]

Congrats, Susan! I think Viewers Choice is a tremendous compliment to the
quilt maker. You will take pictures when you get it home, won't you?
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

Old July 19th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Congratulations on your Best in Show vote. That's marvellous. How
great your afternoon with Kathyl sounded. Wish I could have been there.

Looking forward to the pictures etc, when you get a minute!
..
In message , Susan Laity
Price writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 19th 09, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Oh my! I'd just rather have Viewer's Choice than any other possible award.
How wonderful. Congratulations, Susan. So very happy for you. Polly

news

.

Old July 19th 09, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle C.

Susan Laity Price wrote:
[...]

Many, many congrats on the well-deserved win, Susan! Maybe you'll be
able to get us a picture of the winning quilt a little later???

Btw, this is a VERY GOOD reason not to be able to sew. :-)

Best regards,
Michelle in Nevada, USA
Old July 19th 09, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Happy that you won a prize for this quilt!
Barbara in SC

Old July 19th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations Susan!! She is right....we didn't even vote,
so obviously we didn't have the swing vote. It was a true beauty....and was
certainly a show best. I'm so glad people recognized its
quality...sometimes quilts in the Civil War colors don't get the attention
they deserve.
Susan's studio is well organized and orderly. No wonder she can get so much
done!! I was inspired to get back into my studio today to plug away on a
current project that's been neglected for a couple weeks.
Congratulations again Susan!! I'm really glad we went to see the show!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old July 19th 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Glad your standards for "organized and orderly" are very low. You saw
it on one of the better days. I still spend hours looking for things
because I just sat them down or mixed them in with a project. At least
it is better than it was a year ago.

Susan

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 20:31:09 GMT, "KJ" wrote:

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations Susan!! She is right....we didn't even vote,
so obviously we didn't have the swing vote. It was a true beauty....and was
certainly a show best. I'm so glad people recognized its
quality...sometimes quilts in the Civil War colors don't get the attention
they deserve.
Susan's studio is well organized and orderly. No wonder she can get so much
done!! I was inspired to get back into my studio today to plug away on a
current project that's been neglected for a couple weeks.
Congratulations again Susan!! I'm really glad we went to see the show!!

I won a ribbon, but..... Sherry Starr[_3_] Quilting 16 July 4th 09 06:44 PM
Pink Ribbon Quilt Update & Happy Dance Pat in Virginia Quilting 2 January 1st 08 07:32 PM
Won A Ribbon! Melissa in NJ Quilting 20 January 24th 07 02:43 PM
My first quilt show ribbon! Bronnie Quilting 16 September 5th 05 09:20 PM
I Won a Ribbon! Melissa in NJ Quilting 17 January 17th 05 04:06 PM