OT, to gain a little insight into your creative mind

Old March 9th 05, 07:21 AM
Polly S.

Arondelle wrote:
I think you could probably get some real money for it on eBay.

I loved Jim Henson and all of his work. I wept real tears when he
died.

Arondell on Google

Since we were all talking collections and it landed in my house at the
same time I just thought I give it to someone here of anyone loves ms
piggy (I'm a kermit person, ms piggy just annoyed me!)

Are you sure a ms piggy wouldn't make ya smile? =)

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 07:24 AM
melinda

Marisa Cappetta wrote:
You like Barbies too? My fave is my 1958 doll (the date is stamped on the
back of her neck.) She was second hand when I got her as a hand me down from
a cousin in about 1969. She is still in great shape, but I never had any
clothes for her. I've since collected several vintage Barbie fashion
patterns (Simplicity, I think) from the period and made a wardrobe for her.

I sew, but don't stash. Which according the women in the store where I work,
makes me abnormal. I sew it up as I buy it. According to one woman, fabric
is not for sewing. It's for putting in the cupboard.
Marisa AU/NZ

Inquiring minds would like to know what you do with left overs?

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old March 9th 05, 07:28 AM
Polly S.

Kalera Stratton wrote:
My ex used to say "irregardless".

Noooooooooooo... running away and screaming

noooooooo

or 'I could care less' Oh yeah... well if you don't care then you
'COULDN'T care less'!!!!! I'm getting picky now!

And I have a really awful habit of correcting other's pronunciation... I
am surprised someone hasn't punched me over it, though I am getting
better at biting my tongue and saying nothing. Beside they way I
pronounce either and neither annoys a lot of people as well! =)

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 07:33 AM
Polly S.

Kalera Stratton wrote:
Purses! I love purses. I try not to think about this love too often, or
I would end up with purses like I have shoes. I have a really bad case
of shoes.

LOL Who needs shoes??? j/k I have exactly 3 pair of plain leather
sandals and one pair of good (but old) running shoes and one pair of
clogs... thats it! Oh! and one purse... but its more like a bag than a
purse! hehehe

My daughter and mom both keep buying me 'nice' shoes but I just wind up
giving them back because its their kind of shoes, not mine! =)

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 07:42 AM
Polly S.

Christina Peterson wrote:
How about "feminint"!

covering ears... oops, eyes

ahhhhhhh..... You guys are making me crazy!

--
Polly
---
Old March 9th 05, 08:47 AM
Lilyflower

In one way I collect nothing and in another everything. First you
should know that my mother experienced the Great Depression when
everything was saved and recycled. For some reason I have become a
greater squirrel than even she was!! So one category is saving things
that might be recycled, but I do work on throwing then out and passing
them on. My son has rebelled against this tendency and claims he is
going to throw everything in a dumpster when I die, BUT when I was
thinking of offering my inherited Fiestaware to a good friend, he
became interested in it. HAhahaha.
In the categories of childhood - stamps and baseball cards, books
Inherited - many things - all vintage - ranging from furniture to
collectibles to kitchen ware
Purchased earlier in life - books, books, books, books, and still
purchasing some
Recently - cows and things that have cow markings, like my tea kettle;
things related to my son, especially chess trophies and photos; ethnic
things such as a painting by a Native American artist, those Egyptian
perfume bottles, an Indian tapestry.
And did I mention beads...

To the calculator collector: I have one of the original handhelds,
battery worn out. If I can find it do you want it?

Lilyflower

Old March 9th 05, 09:38 AM
Christina Peterson

On the Calif trip, I spend a couple days at my (3rd) sister Heather's house.
Now, Heather is wealthy, and she has a craft, quilting, but her house was
clean and lovely. Geared toward retirement, it's not real large, but it has
terrific storage. And I'm sure she has other paintings and sculptures in
storage that she rotates. But where were all the little treasures?

Compare this to visiting Oran's house in Paradise. Oran, Vicki's mentor.
Granted, the more public rooms like the livingroom were clean and clear, but
there was evidence of interests and passions everywhere -- collections
supporting plant pharmacology, and of course gemology. Downstairs, in "the
lab", there are drawers and piles and jar, all full of treasures.

My place is smaller that either of those places, and my habits are less
tidy. My collections and passions are inescapable -- though sometimes
buried. And oh yes, they certainly do effect my self expression, including
my art.

My collections center around anthropology and earth centered (and extending
universally) spirituality. And so....

Rocks, fossils, crystals, space rocks (moldavite,
meteorites,tektites)..........
Artifacts, arrowheads, ivory tools, grass baskets, pottery................
Wood boxes, carved, left natural, etc.....
Carved animals of wood, ivory, stone.... (found animal horns, skulls, etc
for Pete)
Paintings, glass, beads, books........

Tina

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
ups.com...
I know that the things I collect influence my beadwork. For instance,
the black and white vintage photos I gather compulsively make their way
into my jewelry, and other things do too. So----
*What Do YOU Collect?*

Please, keep it not-too-long....I realize for some of us, who collect
EVERYTHING under the sun, the list is quite huge. But it might help us
all learn about each other better if we keep it to our Top Thousand
Collecting Jones.

Ready? GO!!! (And I mean everybody! It helps the doldrums to think
about this stuff, right?)

Old March 9th 05, 09:41 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kalera wrote:

Ohhh, good plan! See, with the turtles, it is the volume... and the sheer
ghastly kitschiness... of the stuff my family gives me. Plastic turtle
candleholders, turtle mugs, turtle keychains; turtle knick-knacks of all
varieties, like if they see *anything* with a turtle on it they are
compelled to get it for me, ugly or not.

I had a very good friend in Indiana who had the largest collection of
Garfield items in the world, Jim Davis even visited her once and commented
on how many things she had that he'd never seen before. I bought her a
Garfield in a Mountie outfit once in Toronto.

So if I announce that I am collecting narwhals, this should slack off a
bit...

Well, it depends on who gives you the narwhal. I envision a narwhal
installation involving several huge packing crates and 3 tons of
fluffy-pet-toy filling.

-Su

--

Tillerman Beads website: http://www.tillerman.co.uk
Sign up for our newsletter for news and upcoming drawings for beads from the

Old March 9th 05, 09:41 AM
Su/Cutworks

Melinda wrote:

I have a fair collection of Terry Pratchett books, considering
he's still writting I guess I'll keep collecting.

Have you tried Tom Holt? I love his work, even more quirky than Pratchett.
I blame Holt for making me laugh out loud in the British Museum when I saw
the Sutton Hoo collection.

-Su

--
..sig lite: http://www.tillermanbeads.co.uk

Old March 9th 05, 11:06 AM
Christina Peterson

I buy all the shoes I can find that fit me. That would be .... oh, a couple
pairs. Saves money.

Tina