OT, to gain a little insight into your creative mind

Old March 9th 05, 02:20 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Have you read Mirror, Mirror yet? Or Lost?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Stephanie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Helen, Fiddy sent me the copy of Wicked that has been circulating
around here. She forwarded Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister too. I am
almost done with the latter and I have finished reading Wicked. If you
want I will send them on to you. Send me your addy
ppersephony at aol dot com

Old March 9th 05, 02:27 AM
katieW.

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my. It is made right here in my home state, about 2 hours to the
south. There is a huge SPAM museum, which I've heard is a must see.

SPAM was a regular dinner growing up. sliced spam and sliced potatoes,
thrown in a skillet with butter, fried until everything was nicely
browned and crispy.

My esteemed brothers-in-law are responsible for my never being able to
eat SPAM ever again. They swear up and down that SPAM is just an
abreviated ingredients list: Snout, P*n*s, a**, and Mucus.

GAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been able to eat it since.

However, the entire town of Austin, MN smells like pork on production
days.

Kalera Stratton wrote:
I do have a can of Hormel Potted Meat Food Product... I have to

replace
it now and then because they expire. One of the ingredients is the
mysterious "Partially Defatted Pork Fatty Tissue", and another is
"Mechanically Seperated Chicken". It should have a big "DO NOT EAT"
warning label!

I also have a big can of "Multi-Purpose Food", a box of "Sliming

Herb",
some grass jelly, some yam jam, and a can of Aunt Penny's White

Gravy.

I know what you mean about the accidental collections; I have a

special
affinity for turtles, which my family takes to mean that I collect
turtle stuff. I don't. Well, not voluntarily.

Lori Greenberg wrote:
Kalera, you crack me up. Promotional Pork Slogans and Amusing

food? You
must have a can of potted meat then. (that's a real thing, isn't

it?)

I've been trying hard to *not* collect things. I don't really have

any
collections other than frogs because I said I liked them once and

now get
them occasionally. Be careful of what you gush over as a gift

because you
might end up getting them year after year! I had to stop that

chain once,
but that's another story.

So, I've tried not to accumulate because with 2 kids, the house

starts to
shrink. I do like to collect funny word-isms (which I've called
Indiana-isms because it seems like my relatives from there do it

the most).
Things like "bordello" mushrooms instead of portabello.

"mannuerisms" (said
like anuerism) instead of mannerisms. Or words used in the wrong

context (I
just typed that 'cotext'....see what I mean?) Of course, I collect

them in
my head and they disappear...they really take up little room that

way. )

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Old March 9th 05, 02:28 AM
Kalera Stratton

Ohhh, good plan! See, with the turtles, it is the volume... and the
sheer ghastly kitschiness... of the stuff my family gives me. Plastic
turtle candleholders, turtle mugs, turtle keychains; turtle knick-knacks
of all varieties, like if they see *anything* with a turtle on it they
are compelled to get it for me, ugly or not.

So if I announce that I am collecting narwhals, this should slack off a
bit...

Arondelle wrote:
Kalera Stratton wrote:

I know what you mean about the accidental collections; I have a
special affinity for turtles, which my family takes to mean that I
collect turtle stuff. I don't. Well, not voluntarily.

I once had a huge collection of owl stuff. I had an encounter with a
snowy owl (musta been lost to have ended up on the roof of my dad's barn
in Massachusetts) who let me get very close, indeed. I made the mistake
of telling a friend or two about this, and for years afterward was
buried in owlish collectibles and jewelry.

There are worse things to accidentally collect than owls, I suppose, but
it was the shear *volume* of incoming knick-knacks. To counter this, I
announced that I was collecting dragons, wizards and gargoyles (which
were hard to find at the time), and the flow suddenly ceased.

Arondelle

Oh,yeah -- I'll have my list of things I DO collect as soon as I find
the top post again.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 9th 05, 02:29 AM
Kalera Stratton

My ex used to say "irregardless".

Noooooooooooo... running away and screaming

Polly S. wrote:
Lori Greenberg wrote:

Indiana-isms because it seems like my relatives from there do it the
most). Things like "bordello" mushrooms instead of portabello.
"mannuerisms" (said like anuerism) instead of mannerisms. Or words
used in the wrong context (I just typed that 'cotext'....see what I
mean?) Of course, I collect them in my head and they disappear...they
really take up little room that way. )

"bordello" mushrooms hahaha I love those mushrooms and will probably
never think of them the right way again!

One of my pet peeves, and its not a funny one, is people saying
'supposebly'. I want to yell "Supposebly? Supposebly? Its supposedly!!!"
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh running away!

I do not know why that one bothers me so much. =)

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 9th 05, 02:30 AM
Kalera Stratton

Not if you're counting the beads as assets.

Christina Peterson wrote:
Aren't these mutually exclusive?

Tina

"Jennifer Landry" wrote...

Oh, and beads. You can never be too rich or have too many beads.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 9th 05, 02:31 AM
Kalera Stratton

Purses! I love purses. I try not to think about this love too often, or
I would end up with purses like I have shoes. I have a really bad case
of shoes.

Stephanie wrote:
Wouldn't I be the coolest bag lady?

And how could I forget: I collect purses!

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 9th 05, 02:34 AM
Kalera Stratton

Ohhh really?

Email me your address... I'm not concerned about postage, it's cheap to
mail books!

Helen C wrote:
I'm in need of reading material *waving hand!* I don't even care what
it is at this point (as long as it's NOT a kids book)

Maybe trade beadwork for postage? Let me know.

Later,

Helen C

Polly S. wrote:

Sarajane Helm wrote:

ooops...I forgot to add cobalt and other blue glass.
AND I'm noticing a lot of us have books!!!!

yeah I forgot that! My poor bookcase is in dire need of thinning
out... the books are overflowing into disorganized piles!!!

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old March 9th 05, 02:43 AM
katieW.

hmmmmmmm......

Beads

Swarovski

Romance Books, especially series. I love revisiting old characters in
new books.

Beads

Cookbooks

Fabric

Stray animals

oh, and Beads

katie

Old March 9th 05, 02:56 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

YUMMMMMM! Mom would sometimes mix a couple of eggs with that Spam and potato
mix. It was a hearty, inexpensive meal for a family living on what is now
called welfare. Even today, every now and then Keith and I will get the
small can and have it for dinner. We have to go with the low sodium (low
fat?) variety but it's still a bit of a treat. :-)

I've often threatened to quit my job and raise little Spamlets - but I don't
think I could eat a pet.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...

Old March 9th 05, 04:02 AM
melinda

Sarajane Helm wrote:
ooops...I forgot to add cobalt and other blue glass.
AND I'm noticing a lot of us have books!!!!

SJ

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message new
*What Do YOU Collect?*

I have a fair collection of Terry Pratchett books, considering
he's still writting I guess I'll keep collecting.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol