META: Number of posts on RCTN.

Old January 5th 04, 11:23 AM
Cheryl Isaak

And thanks for doing for me! But in my case, train or slot car shops would
work better!
And I thought of the one thing I'd really need - a "day care" area!
Cheryl

On 1/4/04 7:33 PM, in article ,
"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote:

As Cheryl would say: You should have put up a "spew warning" before
posting that. Loved it!
Dianne

Liz Hampton wrote:

The stitching shop that used to be in Jacksonville, OR (USA) was called:
Mimi's Yarn Shoppe & Liquor Store. :-))) The businesses are long and skinny
(old mining town). One side and most of the middle made up the
yarn/stitching area & along one wall and one side of one of the middle rows
was the liquor. Something for everybody. :-)))
Liz from Humbug

Old January 6th 04, 01:13 AM
jillsls

There is a village of shops in Chadds Ford PA called Olde Ridge Village.
It includes a yarn shop, quilt shop, stencil shop, LNS and a tea shop among
others. It's a nice place to visit. In fact tomorrow night my girlfriend
and I are taking a class at the stencil shop. We are makeing a winter
floorcloth. I usually go over for the LNS but it won't be open by the time
we get over there tomorrow night.

jill in NJ
Old January 6th 04, 01:16 AM
Alison

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 15:44:14 GMT, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

I wonder if someone could pull this off - a cooperative set of shops set in
a "court yard" plaza/mall. A yarn shop, a needlework shop (with broad range
of areas), a quilters shop, a finisher/framer, a tea/coffee shop, maybe
even
a bookshop all opening in to a courtyard area (not necessarily open to the
air) with comfortable seating. And don't forget a nice bathroom; how many
times has your enjoyment of something been affected by a gross bathroom.
They all cooperate on costs of operation for heating, lights and the ilk
but
maintain separate inventory costs.

I've seen bits and pieces of this dream though not as far as I know
cooperative. At The Stitching Post (I think it's TSP) in Maryland
there's a quilting store and a great knitting shop in the same strip
mall - adjoining stores. I dont' remember about a restaurant though.
At Thistle in Glastonbury there's a chocolate store, several
restaurants, and a Barnes & Noble across the street in a different
shopping plaza.
Old January 6th 04, 02:05 AM
Alison

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:13:44 +0000, "jillsls"
wrote:

There is a village of shops in Chadds Ford PA called Olde Ridge Village.
It includes a yarn shop, quilt shop, stencil shop, LNS and a tea shop among
others. It's a nice place to visit. In fact tomorrow night my girlfriend
and I are taking a class at the stencil shop. We are makeing a winter
floorcloth. I usually go over for the LNS but it won't be open by the time
we get over there tomorrow night.

jill in NJ

The LNS is Strawberry Sampler, a very nice shop except - no bathroom!
This may seem petty to you but it's important when you're driving from
afar (about 2 1/2 hours in my case.)

Alison
Old January 6th 04, 02:06 AM
Alison

wrote:

There is a village of shops in Chadds Ford PA called Olde Ridge Village.
It includes a yarn shop, quilt shop, stencil shop, LNS and a tea shop among
others. It's a nice place to visit. In fact tomorrow night my girlfriend
and I are taking a class at the stencil shop. We are makeing a winter
floorcloth. I usually go over for the LNS but it won't be open by the time
we get over there tomorrow night.

jill in NJ

PS my friend loves it because her dh makes beer and there's a
beer-making supply store there too.
Old January 6th 04, 02:18 AM
Deb Milner

On 05 Jan 2004 21:05:53 EST, Alison wrote:

floorcloth. I usually go over for the LNS but it won't be open by the time
we get over there tomorrow night.

jill in NJ

The LNS is Strawberry Sampler, a very nice shop except - no bathroom!
This may seem petty to you but it's important when you're driving from
afar (about 2 1/2 hours in my case.)

That reminds me of the time I got out of a ticket while driving home
from Gainesville one day. I'd been in the car for about 90 minutes
and a full bottle of water.....well, about 8 miles from home, I had to
go faster, and knew I would have to stop at the gas station on the
corner, since I was NOT going to make it to the house.

When the state trooper got to my window, he asked the usual questions,
did I know how fast, etc....I answered "yes, I do". He asked why I
was going so fast, and I explained (with, I believe, liquid leaking
out of my ears, and wiggling on the seat like a 3 year old) the
problem. He laughed and said he could understand my problem and asked
how far home was. I told him about 1 mile and a half, but the gas
station was only 1/2 mile and I was stopping there. He laughed and
let me go.....

--
Deb

WIP: How Great Thou Art (Leisure Arts Greatest Hymns II)
Old January 6th 04, 03:55 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"jillsls" had some very interesting things to
say about The Dream Shop:

There is a village of shops in Chadds Ford PA called Olde Ridge Village.
It includes a yarn shop, quilt shop, stencil shop, LNS and a tea shop among
others. It's a nice place to visit. In fact tomorrow night my girlfriend
and I are taking a class at the stencil shop. We are makeing a winter
floorcloth. I usually go over for the LNS but it won't be open by the time
we get over there tomorrow night.

Floorcloth?

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old January 6th 04, 12:15 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/5/04 8:13 PM, in article 01c3d3f2$73f9c140$f43947d1@default, "jillsls"
wrote:

There is a village of shops in Chadds Ford PA called Olde Ridge Village.
It includes a yarn shop, quilt shop, stencil shop, LNS and a tea shop among
others. It's a nice place to visit. In fact tomorrow night my girlfriend
and I are taking a class at the stencil shop. We are makeing a winter
floorcloth. I usually go over for the LNS but it won't be open by the time
we get over there tomorrow night.

jill in NJ

Is Chadds Ford near York? If it is, I can go visit next DH wants to do the
train meet!

Cheryl

Old January 6th 04, 02:35 PM
Bmciowa

Is Chadds Ford near York? If it is, I can go visit next DH wants to do the
train meet!

Cheryl

It's just over the PA state line from Wilmington Delaware.

Sara
WIPS:Medieval Miniature #2 (Bestitched, designs by Bev) Done!
Shabbat Tabletopper (Dutch Treat)