OT Sad news & on topic too

Old January 28th 04, 09:36 PM
norma woods

Christine, What ever happens my thoughts and prayers are going out for You,
your Mom and Dad.
--
Star love,
Norma

Old January 28th 04, 09:46 PM
JJMolvik

" Christine in Kent, Garden of England"
wrote in message
Hi folks, just to ask for your thoughts prayers or whatever. My Mum had a
heart attack yesterday and is in hospital, unconscious and non responsive.
The nursing care she's getting seems to be excellent, and the medical team
are very kind and sensitive, but my poor old Dad is having trouble coming

terms with the way things are, they've been married 55 years and my Mum's
has overcome so many things he thinks she's going to do it again. I fear
that this time she won't. I'm sleeping at the hospital tonight, like last
night, so any tips on how to sleep sitting up?
It does mean, Noreen, that your squares, though finished may take a while

get to you, but I 'm sure you won't mind. Also that the NYCO coat (which

is
now too big to lug to & fro the hospital) may have to wait. the
glove/mittens from knitty.com might get on though, and I might start a

pair
of socks for soon to be son in law, there's nothing like size 11 socks for
mindless knitting!!
I hope I can post better news next time, but I'm very fearful not, and I

do
know I can rely on you lovely folks to hold us up
Thanks
--
Love
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

As for sleeping upright, roll a towel for a neck roll and try to curve it
around so your head is less likely to loll to one side.
Prayers for your mom and dad. Just went through this with my Grandmother in
denial and my Grandfather's passing. Just be there for your dad.

Hugs,

JJMolvik

Old January 28th 04, 10:01 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dear Christine ,, My best health wishes and hopes are sent your way ,
mirjam
Old January 29th 04, 01:04 AM
Carol

Hi folks, just to ask for your thoughts prayers or whatever.

Christine, my prayers are with you and your family. Many times the staff can
find a roll-away bed or a recliner for a family member to use at night.

Keep us posted.

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

Old January 29th 04, 01:13 AM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:27:39 +0000 (UTC), " Christine in Kent, Garden of England" wrote:

Hi folks, just to ask for your thoughts prayers or whatever. My Mum had a
heart attack yesterday and is in hospital, unconscious and non responsive.

Our prayers are with you, Christine.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer, Fantasy & Fiber Artist
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Balticon Art Program Coordinator http://www.balticon.org
Old January 29th 04, 09:21 AM
Katherine

Christine in Kent, Garden of England wrote:
snip
Cher,
My heart goes out to you and yours at this time. I am sure that the drs are
doing whatever is possible for your mother, and I pray that you all have the
strength for the difficult time ahead.
Hugs,
Katherine

Old January 29th 04, 01:10 PM
Johanna Koski

I hope I can post better news next time, but I'm very fearful not, and I do
know I can rely on you lovely folks to hold us up

Big hugs coming your way and your father's way! No matter what, life
goes on.

Johanna

--
Johanna Koski
Finland, Europe
Old January 29th 04, 07:22 PM
Cher

Sincere thoughts with you and your family at this alarming time, special
prayers for your mum,

Hugs.....Cher south west UK England

wrote in message
[...]

---