Textile Artist - Julieanne Long

Old May 21st 04, 10:58 AM
Charlotte

Default Textile Artist - Julieanne Long

The website of Julieanne Long has reciently been update to include a
gallery of her amazing work. To veiw the work of this UK Textile
artist please visit www.textileartist.co.uk
Old May 22nd 04, 01:21 PM
Pat P

Am I odd (QUIET!!!) but this kind of stuff does absolutely nothing for me.
Seascape???? Waste of paperclips!

Pat P

om...

Old May 23rd 04, 02:19 AM
emerald

"Pat P" wrote in message
Am I odd (QUIET!!!) but this kind of stuff does absolutely nothing for me.
Seascape???? Waste of paperclips!

It's not to my taste either, Pat.

emerald (obviously a philistine! LOL)

Old May 23rd 04, 10:16 AM
Pat P

Thank goodness I`m not alone. LOL! I always think "All that work, and for
WHAT?" The paperclip thing is something you get moaned at for doing when
you`re having a spell of boredom in the office! I admire their tenacity,
though - I`m pretty tenacious myself, when it comes to nit-picky precise
work.

Mind you, I could never stand Picasso, either - yet I like a lot of Henry
Moore and Barbara Hepworth. (I think I mean Barbara Hepworth - I`m bad at
remembering names! On the whole, though, I much prefer beautifully painted
representations that you can RECOGNISE!

Pat P

"emerald" wrote in message

Old May 23rd 04, 11:55 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ohh i like some of Henri moore`s work , but not all
his works as to Picasso ??? i am not syre some works i liked when i
was younger , and now i don`t like anymore , some i learned to like
only lately ,,,, he has so many `periods` ,,
mirjam

Old May 24th 04, 08:50 AM
Charlotte

Obviously you are all entitled to your opinion, what work have you
done? Maybe you could put it on the web!

Personally I think the work of Julieanne Long Textile artist is
brilliant, everything she has created is completely unique, I am sure
I am not alone in thinking her work is brilliant.
Old May 24th 04, 10:07 AM
Su/Cutworks

Charlotte wrote:

Obviously you are all entitled to your opinion, what work have you
done? Maybe you could put it on the web!

When you put forth an artist's work to be commented on, it's not necessary
to demand a CV from the viewers. Otherwise the Tate would be pretty damn
empty.

Personally I think the work of Julieanne Long Textile artist is
brilliant, everything she has created is completely unique, I am sure
I am not alone in thinking her work is brilliant.

Maybe not alone, but you'll find a few folk, myself included that don't. I
don't care for 'art' that is simply for 'art's sake' as they like to say. I
agree with Pat that the paperclips are silly. If that's art, I'll be
posting a few works by my son.

-Su

Old May 24th 04, 10:30 AM
Pat P

"Charlotte" wrote in message
om...
Obviously you are all entitled to your opinion, what work have you
done? Maybe you could put it on the web!

http://homepages.tesco.net/~porter !!! (needs updating - I`ll get around to
it at some point, LOL!)

Personally I think the work of Julieanne Long Textile artist is
brilliant, everything she has created is completely unique, I am sure
I am not alone in thinking her work is brilliant.

As you say, we`re all entitled to our opinion, and allowed to express it -
it`s not as if we`re expressing it to her face any more than if we could
tell Picasso (even if he wasn`t dead) that we liked or disliked him. I`m
sure you`re not alone in thinking she`s brilliant - it`s just that some
can`t see it. Some like Stephen King - others don`t. So what? No need to
get your knickers in a knot, surely!

Pat P

Old May 24th 04, 03:07 PM
emerald

"Charlotte" wrote in message
om...
Obviously you are all entitled to your opinion,

How gracious of you!

Personally I think the work of Julieanne Long Textile artist is
brilliant, everything she has created is completely unique, I am sure
I am not alone in thinking her work is brilliant.

And your point is?????

Do you seriously expect everyone in the world to have the same taste as
yourself? What a boring place it would be if there were only one point of
view.

emerald

Old May 24th 04, 03:32 PM
emerald

Mind you, I could never stand Picasso, either - yet I like a lot of Henry
Moore and Barbara Hepworth.

Interesting! They're both so abstract and modern.
As Mirjam mentioned in regard to herself, my tastes have changed a lot
recently. Whereas before I used to like very finely detailed paintings, now
I find myself leaning towards pieces with broad and bold colouring - like
Georgia O Keeffe.

I find it fascinating the way different things "call" to different people.
In my area there are many West Coast Native Artists with enthusiastic
followers. While I can appreciate the workmanship of the carvings and
paintings they don't resonate with me at all.
Each to his/her own.

emerald