Another exciting busy and fun day!

Old August 25th 03, 02:41 PM
Cindy S.

Congrats on all the good finds Julia. I do the same thing - ask for fabric
first then take a quick scan of the rest.

Our big day in Missouri are Wednesdays. Haven't really had a chance to hit
many sales this year at all. Didn't realize how much I was missing them
till I read your post.

Cindy from MO

"juliasb(nospam)" wrote in message
In the area where I live there are any number of garage sales on any
given weekend... usually just a small sign posted at the end of a main
road that leads into a subdivision or such. On Saturday we hit a
'subdivision' sale where there were about 50 homes in the subdivision
that were having garage sales... those are the best IMHO because you can
do a lot with little travel. Of course there are any number that are
like you have experienced, but then there are the ones that seem to have
so many goodies that it is hard to pull away from. And I always offer
less that what something is marked for. Usually people are willing to
take less if their real intention is to sell it. If not they I figure
they either want to keep it or throw it away. Estate sales are the best
with moving sales running in a close second. I picked up a couple
things over the weekend, like the pressure cooker and (new) king size
sheet sets, the the seller had no idea of the value of these items.
I will usually leave the house with about $20 and come home most of
the time with treasure that are worth hundreds.
I suppose you will just have to come out this way and spend a day
doing garage sales with me. Oh yeah, and Thursday is always the best day.
juliasb

KittyG wrote:
How do you find these sales? Every garage sale I manage to drag my DH

has a few dented pots and pans, old shoes, odd ashtrays and old

children's
toys, etc.

bleh.

kitty the grinch. Bah humbug!

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life

Old August 25th 03, 08:08 PM
juliasb(nospam)

When my kids were little I did garage sales all the time. Best way to
get nice clothes for almost nothing. I was fussy about what I bought for
them and they always wore the best. Our entire home could be consider a
garage sale special.
juliasb

Old August 26th 03, 01:35 AM
juliasb(nospam)

Daahhhh! I just had one of those light bulb moments. I saw so many
fabrics that were not cottons and I didn't even think of getting them
for you. My apology. So now when I do this kind of curb side shopping I
will be sure to keep you in mind and pick up those pieces that are cheap
that I know you can use.
Boo Hoo... I missed the sale at St. Willie's all together... Now if I
had known I would have been able to do a double duty since the new LQS
is right across the street from the Church campus. But when I think
about it I never need an excuse to visit the LQS.
juliasb

Tim & Jill Pochik wrote:
Hi Julia,
It sounds like you it the right garage sales. I did get bunch of
scraps at the rummage sale at St. Williams a couple of weeks ago but it
sounds like I should start hitting some more, especially when I'm not
that picky about the fabrics for my animal quilts. Congrats!!
Jill

--
come and journey with me...
from darkness into New Life