Newbie question - drilling stones

Old January 11th 05, 08:21 AM
Polly Stewart

Default Newbie question - drilling stones

Hi...new to this group and had a question for you guys. (don't newbies
always have questions?)

Christmas'03 I was given a kilo of stones, 7-14mm-ish, from Brazil.
They are nicely polished but unfortunately not drilled and since I only
have use for beads... I need to have them drilled. At a guess the kilo
includes green aventurine, lapis, carnelian, citrine (maybe), pink
quartz (I think) and 2-3 others I can't even guess.

I was wondering about drilling them myself but have zero equipment and
even less knowledge. I also thought it may be less expensive to have
someone drill them for me than getting setup and learning (though that
part would be fine).

Anyway... my question is how to find someone to drill these stones. I
have checked locally (SW Louisiana) and found no one and doing a search
on the internet didn't seem to turn up any right answers. I would also
like to have someone correctly identify them... I am pretty sure about
some of them but not sure enough!

Thanks in advance for any info...

Polly Stewart

Question - drilling stones Polly Stewart Beads 7 January 11th 05 09:42 AM
Newbie question - OMTP? FurPaw Beads 7 December 21st 04 04:30 AM
Intro and newbie question *~Candygrrl~* Beads 26 September 21st 04 06:04 PM
Solder color - newbie question Robin Jewelry 2 July 15th 04 02:30 AM
Newbie with a question Colette Beads 8 August 5th 03 05:10 PM