A Favor of you Please

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19th 03, 08:13 PM
TerriLee in WA

Well, even if it didn't amuse Diana, it sure amused me. I scared my
officemates, LOL. Thanks Wendy. I needed a chuckle. That's the most
unique party-coverup-story I've ever heard.

frood wrote:

Oh, my, does that combo bring back memories of a funny story! This ought to
amuse you, Diana. Just don't tell my mom the real truth, ok?

While I was in high school, my parents decided that I was old enough to stay
home by myself, while they went on vacation. So, being an intelligent girl,
what did I do? I threw a party, of course! My parent's had recently
re-decorated the living room, with sea-foam green carpet. My mother was so
proud of that carpet.

Well, over the course of the party, someone (I'll not name her here - this
is archived forever, after all!) spilled a large glass of Hawaiian Punch. I
threw some baking soda on the spill, and decided to think about it the next
day. The next morning, I looked at the spill, and man, was it bad! Off to
the store for carpet cleaner. Then more carpet cleaner. Consulted every
Hints from Heloise book the library had in stock. It was still pink.

Mom and Dad come home. Notice the carpet right away. "oh, the poor dog!" I
said. "he got into the big dog's food, ate it all and moaned and groaned, I
thought he was going to die! So, I gave him some pepto bismol. Then he threw
up! I cleaned it as best as I could, but I'm sorry, I couldn't get the stain
out!" Since the poor dog in question couldn't defend himself, and was, in
fact, prone to eating the big dog's food, then moaning for hours afterwards,
and since there was no other evidence to suggest something else had
happened, my parent's had no choice but to take my word for it. I did make
sure the dog got as many doggie treats as I could afford for the rest of his
life.

To this day, my mother has no idea of the real story. This even came up this
past Christmas! My mother *knows* something else happened, but has no
evidence! Well, until I published it here on the internet that is!
--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
LOL
and just what would I leave that would make you happy? Let me see... pepto
bismal pink and seafoam green hand dyes?
Diana

TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)
;-)
my real email is tlbishop at earthlink dot net