RCTQ Recipe Book

Old June 28th 04, 11:26 PM
Butterfly

I, for one, thank you for volunteering : ) At least you got a few others
interested : )
Butterfly (not too sure what way is best for ME to receive this..)
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Actually Jennifer, you've prolly hit the nail on the head. Read the

thread,
a lot of people want to contribute but no-one wants to actually "do" it.

offered to do it in word format - easy for me to copy and paste and format
and send out, easy to read, pictures can be included. However since I
stepped up a lot of people have decided that PDF, ASCII text whatever is
much better, so I'm hereby resigning my post. I'm not computer literate
enough to even know what those things are let alone how to use 'em!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

"JS" wrote in message
I haven't read the entire thread yet, so maybe this has been mentioned
already. One thing my MIL does at holidays is print out recipe cards on

her
PC - she selects a few recipes she has enjoyed over the year, makes a

cute
little card, either with stickers or clipart, and gives them out to us.

have a little photo album I keep them in, along with a few from my

family.

It might be fun to start a group which swaps these cards.

Jennifer in Florida

"Mika" wrote in message
t...
All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at

some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone

ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book

and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun

collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together

with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

Mika

Old June 29th 04, 01:46 AM
bogus address

[Word vs ASCII for recipes]
Fine, you take it over! I'm no computer wizz, and word is simplest to me.
I've never had a problem receiving or reading the directory in word format.
If you can do it better, then by all means you are welcome to it.

It wouldn't take long to simply google for every post in the group
containing the word "recipe", string them together, tidy the layout
a bit in the most low-tech way possible, and plonk it on our website.
Would that be enough to be going on with?

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Old June 29th 04, 04:57 AM
Dee in Oz

How unfortunate Sharon, as Word is the only thing that I understand,
must be the trouble with learning computer programs at Victorian
schools. I am too old to start to learn something else now.

Dee in Oz

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message . au...
Fine, you take it over! I'm no computer wizz, and word is simplest to me.
I've never had a problem receiving or reading the directory in word format.
If you can do it better, then by all means you are welcome to it.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

"bogus address" wrote in message

Okay, lissen up who'all suggested this. I'm happy to help organise it.
Perhaps if I do the Oz/NZ/Metric ones and someone else take over the
non-metric. And to make it easier, perhaps we include a page of metric
to non-metric conversions rather than changing each recipe. Then we get
together once we have received all the recipes (cyberlly speaking) join
the two docs together (we're doing it in MS Word right?) and email to
whoever wants it.

Old June 29th 04, 07:54 AM
Charlie

If you want to do it in word, I can convert to fixed width ASCII of whatever
it is or PDF. Just say the word!

Charlie.

"Mika" wrote in message
t...
All this talk about Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Julia's post about her
cheesecake recipe got me to thinking. This may have been brought up at

some
time or other, I don't know. But I'll bring it up again. Has anyone

ever
collected recipes from RCTQ and put them together into a recipe book

and
then distributed to the participants? I think it would be so much fun

collect recipes from quilters around the world and put them together

with
little anecdotes from each person. Would anyone be interested in
participating?

Mika

---

Old June 29th 04, 08:05 AM
Sharon Harper

LOL Dee! I remember what a fuss I kicked up at my first job when they told
me I'd be switching to Windows and Word from WordPerfect 5.1 and DOS -
Jeepers I had the Computer Techy worried. But really though - the directory
gets sent out in word format so what's the big deal?

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

om...

Old June 29th 04, 12:35 PM
AliceW

I know I am jumping in the middle of this topic, but if I can offer my web
space, I'd be glad to do a site with all the recipes and tips categorized by
type of recipe. That way, there is no paper involved. Everything can be
sent electronically, including pictures or other graphics if you wanted to
provide them and everyone would be able to read and print them so that we
don't have to worry about format. Unless the idea was to publish a
book........

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
: Sure, off you go!
:
: --
: Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html
:
: "bogus address" wrote in message
: ...
:
: ========

Old June 29th 04, 05:10 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Thanks, Alice.
I think this is the best idea, a web site to go to
when we're starving for something special.
Otherwise, all this talk of which format, metric or American g,
deadlines, this and that-- takes most of the fun out of what sounded like
a great idea, sharing recipes. Nothing like over-organizing to do that.

Susan Ford (in Oklahoma) used to have our RCTQ recipes on
her website; worked great. The addy was available upon request and
via archives (like GoogleRCTQ), like the FAQs.

Do you have the time and will power to keep up w/ this?
It would be most appreciated. I'll even dedicate one of these
freshly-made Hershey's Chewy Chocolate Cookies to you, Alice.
Hey, what are friends for?!? G

Ragmop/Sandy--quilting and eating YUMMY chocolate cookies;
recipe available:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...tiles.quilting

Old June 29th 04, 06:54 PM
Rustqlts2

Otherwise, all this talk of which format, metric or American g,
deadlines, this and that-- takes most of the fun out of what sounded like
a great idea, sharing recipes. Nothing like over-organizing to do th...

What she said....(g)

rusty