voice meetup!

Old April 7th 04, 01:54 PM
CNYstitcher

Default voice meetup!

Our darling NightMist got me.....sent me a squishie and a noth that made
me laugh hysterically!

So....since we live in the same state (granted, it's a large state), I
decided to call her. She is such a sweetie! We talked fabric, kids,
life.....then I had to say it..I just had to......

Well, you know she holds the title of Royal Carnifex, and has talked
about the freeze-dried critters and such around the house, but
well......she sounds so "normal"! LOL

She's a doll, a real doll......looking forward to being able to meet in
person sometime in the future.........

Larisa

Old April 7th 04, 02:00 PM
Kate Dicey

CNYstitcher wrote:

Our darling NightMist got me.....sent me a squishie and a noth that made
me laugh hysterically!

So....since we live in the same state (granted, it's a large state), I
decided to call her. She is such a sweetie! We talked fabric, kids,
life.....then I had to say it..I just had to......

Well, you know she holds the title of Royal Carnifex, and has talked
about the freeze-dried critters and such around the house, but
well......she sounds so "normal"! LOL

She's a doll, a real doll......looking forward to being able to meet in
person sometime in the future.........

Larisa

Of course she's normal! She plays with fabric, collects odd stuff, has
a complex family structure, her house is slightly too small for the
amount of stuff she owns, less tidy than a magazine house, and there are
one or two elderly vegetables in the fridge. Why are you so surprised?
;P
--
Kate XXXXXX (Also wishing we could meet)
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old April 7th 04, 03:13 PM
georg

Kate Dicey wrote:

CNYstitcher wrote:

[...]

I'm pretty sure NightMyst is just as normal as I am. =)

And she lives closer to Larisa than I do. NY is a very big state.

-georg

Old April 7th 04, 05:23 PM
NightMist

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:00:10 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:
CNYstitcher wrote:

Well, you know she holds the title of Royal Carnifex, and has talked
about the freeze-dried critters and such around the house, but
well......she sounds so "normal"! LOL

Of course she's normal! She plays with fabric, collects odd stuff, has
a complex family structure, her house is slightly too small for the
amount of stuff she owns, less tidy than a magazine house, and there are
one or two elderly vegetables in the fridge. Why are you so surprised?
;P

Well, I have made sure that the senior carrots don't start organizing,
by shutting them up in the crisper. DH has a couple of "experiments"
in the fridge that are putting me in fear of a refrigerator revolution
though. If they convince the condiments to fall in with them, we are
DOOMED!

Sounding normal is how I lull you into a false sense of security
before leaping upon you and biting your neck.

NightMist

--
"It's such a gamble when you get a face"
- Richard Hell
Old April 7th 04, 05:41 PM
Butterfly

That Ole Pirate got me tooooooooooo!
Gorgeous-stunning-breath taking--POIFECT for said Project : )
This just HAD to be publicly announced cause it is the FIRST time she tried
Shibori and I **LOVE** IT
WAY TO GO NightMist
Very very very Gentle Hugs
Butterfly

Old April 7th 04, 06:32 PM
NightMist

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:13:08 GMT, georg wrote:

I'm pretty sure NightMyst is just as normal as I am. =)

I'm not sure that that is a comforting thought...:P

And she lives closer to Larisa than I do. NY is a very big state.

Actually, the southern tier expressway puts you slightly closer. From
here it is quicker to get to Binghamton than Syracuse by about an
hour. However, several people in Canada, Pennsylvania and Ohio are
closer to where I am than either of you (G) Dee is the only one in NY
(that I can think of off the top of my head) that is less than 5 or 6
hours from me. If memory serves, she is just the other side of
Batavia, well south of Albion, which would be between 2 and 3 hours
from here.

And I don't drive.

One of these days when we go down to Columbus to visit our kiri's mum,
for other than a crisis, I'm going to see if getting together with
some Ohio people is possible. We also have some of DH's relatives in
PA bugging us to come visit, if that happens, I may have to abandon
ship and hide in Mickie's basement for a while. DH's relations are a
bit scary! Huntin, fishin, drinkin, Pennsylvania hillbillies that I
would happily walk 6 or 10 miles to escape! Once you finish talking
quilts and sewing with the distaff side of the clan, you suddenly find
yourself in the kitchen, pressed into duty cleaning some bit of small
game (or worse fish) that deity never intended humans to eat. I'm
trying to hold out for fall when all I have to do is help can, but DH
has this notion that that is harder work. Geez! Men!

NightMist

Old April 7th 04, 07:37 PM
georg

NightMist wrote:

On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:13:08 GMT, georg wrote:

I'm pretty sure NightMyst is just as normal as I am. =)

I'm not sure that that is a comforting thought...:P

Bah. If we ever do hook up, we can compare fangs. Or corsets. Giggle.

And she lives closer to Larisa than I do. NY is a very big state.

Actually, the southern tier expressway puts you slightly closer. From
here it is quicker to get to Binghamton than Syracuse by about an
hour. However, several people in Canada, Pennsylvania and Ohio are
closer to where I am than either of you (G) Dee is the only one in NY
(that I can think of off the top of my head) that is less than 5 or 6
hours from me. If memory serves, she is just the other side of
Batavia, well south of Albion, which would be between 2 and 3 hours
from here.

I never denied being geographically challenged. And I may have your
hometown wrong in my brain.

And I don't drive.

Neither does my sweetie.

One of these days when we go down to Columbus to visit our kiri's mum,
for other than a crisis, I'm going to see if getting together with
some Ohio people is possible. We also have some of DH's relatives in
PA bugging us to come visit, if that happens, I may have to abandon
ship and hide in Mickie's basement for a while. DH's relations are a
bit scary! Huntin, fishin, drinkin, Pennsylvania hillbillies that I
would happily walk 6 or 10 miles to escape! Once you finish talking
quilts and sewing with the distaff side of the clan, you suddenly find
yourself in the kitchen, pressed into duty cleaning some bit of small
game (or worse fish) that deity never intended humans to eat. I'm
trying to hold out for fall when all I have to do is help can, but DH
has this notion that that is harder work. Geez! Men!

Well, have him drop you off with us on the way to PA, if you like. That
household sounds like my late grandmother-in-law's, who according to all
stories always had a pot of whatchagot stew on the stove. You don't
really want to know what was in it if you were really hungry. Jazz
thinks that the woodchucks he used to shoot ended up in there as well as
any possum or 'coon that got too close to their home. And they weren't
in PA either- they were a little east of Utica in a town called
Frankfort (yes, also in NY).

I should start mentioning when I am going on my weekend road trips,
which are rare, so I can visit more quilt shops and meet more people.

-georg

Old April 7th 04, 08:36 PM
Kate Dicey

wrote:
CNYstitcher wrote:

[...]

Hehehehehe!

It's the potatoes under the stairs in this house that you need to be
wary of... They are ganging up with the onions and the dust bunnies! I
have to go in armed to the Big Scary Teef with the vacuum cleaner!
Trouble is, the ironing board and the wine live in the same glory hole.

--
Kate XXXXXX
Old April 10th 04, 05:58 PM
Dr. Quilter

normal? who wants to be normal? normal is boring!!!

CNYstitcher wrote:

Well, you know she holds the title of Royal Carnifex, and has talked
about the freeze-dried critters and such around the house, but
well......she sounds so "normal"! LOL

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

RCTN NY meetup reminder georg Needlework 10 November 2nd 03 05:58 PM
Quilting Meetup? Nbhilyard Quilting 1 October 11th 03 01:22 AM
RCTQ meetup in Albuquerque! QuiltShopHopper Quilting 2 September 30th 03 08:15 PM
a mini r.c.t.q. meetup with our Mickie frood Quilting 6 August 28th 03 04:39 PM