Dizzy Daisy Quilt

Old April 28th 17, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Dizzy Daisy Quilt

This is what I am working on right now. To make one block You start out with 4-5 inch prints, 8-2 1/2 inch white squares and 4-2 1/2 inch squares of yellow or color of your choice for the centers. Take a pencil/ruler and draw a line diagonally on all the 2 1/2 inch squares. Now take a 5 inch print square and one yellow square and pin it to one corner, I use mini pins with glass tops. Two pins to each square. Now rotate counter clockwise and add a white square, then rotate the same way again and add last white sq. When done you should have a "U" shape made with your pencil marks.(if not it is wrong) I start sewing on the beginning "U" white sq. when you get to the corner, one stitch off material, stop and raise presser foot(I have a 1/4 inch foot), pivot the material lining it up with pencil line and continue sewing that line. Stop when you get one stitch off material again and raise pressure foot, pivot and sew the last line of the yellow square. Always make sure all your square are lined up and does not go off the 5-inch print.
Repeat this on all 4 prints. Now cut 1/4 inch from the pencil line "U" 3 outer corners only. Now press your quarter sections and sew together by putting all 4 yellow sections together making the daisy center. I always make a sample to go by.
I hope these instructions are not too confusing. You can always go to the web site: https://www.missouristarquiltco.com/...y-daisy-quilt/
Then press the header that says what I just posted above. For some reason my computer does not underline the whole web address, so make sure you inter it all. I am using 2 1/2 wide sashing on this quilt to separate the blocks.
Sandy$

Old April 30th 17, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

On 04/28/2017 09:32 AM, wrote:
This is what I am working on right now

I watched the video of Jenny making this quilt, or at least the blocks
for the quilt. I thought the "Dizzy Daisies" kinda looked like rocket
ship docked at a space station (perhaps you need to be a science fiction
fan to see them this way).

Maybe you could make the "petals" out of some kind of silvery-metallic
fabric so they look even more like spaceships, and use dark blue or
black material with white dots for the sashing and make a quilt that
sort of looks like a spaceport for a science fiction fan.

Maybe you could even sew in to one of the outer borders strips that
spell out the words "Space docking port DS9," using a technique some
thing like this:
http://thedesignest.com/sew-on-letters/.

I was about to say "a quilt for a boy" instead of "a quilt for a science
fiction fan." I don't think that I am going out on a limb to theorize
that there are more male science fiction fans than female ones, but I
think there are plenty of males that just hate science fiction, and
there are plenty of females that quite enjoy it.

--
My Yonkoma: https://www.flickr.com/photos/brian0...57680223526176

The E-mail associated with the account is a "spamcatcher" account that I
got to every couple of months to empty out, and anything sent to it will
not be seen for probably several months, if it is seen at all.
Brian Christiansen
Old May 2nd 17, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
Are making fun of me and my dizzy daisy quilt. Laughing here. You are so funny. I really thought it looked more like a "windmill" than a daisy. Not sure about the silver metallic material but do like science fiction and space ships.
Sandy$
Old May 2nd 17, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

On 05/02/2017 12:11 PM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
Are making fun of me and my dizzy daisy quilt.

Heavens no. That is what the "dizzy daisies" looked like to me - space
ships docked around a docking station.

Old May 4th 17, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Hello Brian,
Have you ever thought about making a quilt of different UFO's? Like the saucer, cigar, triangle, bell shape and pyramid plus several more. Would be a great quilt for those that are interested in UFO's. A real conversation piece. I have personally seen a saucer hovering over a gypsum plant while living in Arizona. Also saw a black triangle UFO that stood on it's end and started changing shape which really scared me. I turned away and did not look anymore.
Sandy$
Old May 4th 17, 05:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian Christiansen

On 05/04/2017 07:55 AM, wrote:
Hello Brian,
Have you ever thought about making a quilt of different UFO's?

Not really - I watched the video of Jenny making that quilt and got this
idea about making a "space station" themed quilt, and I don't really
have any plans to make one or even refining this design.

Help, I'm dizzy! Wooly Yarn 14 November 21st 04 09:27 PM
Help, I'm dizzy! Wooly Yarn 0 November 20th 04 11:45 PM
Daisy patterned 6x6 Anna MCM Yarn 2 August 6th 04 11:16 AM
So much Happy Dancing I am dizzy! nana2b Quilting 17 June 12th 04 04:46 AM
dizzy jig Millie James Yarn 8 February 12th 04 09:34 AM