OT e-reader solution

Old July 25th 11, 06:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT e-reader solution

I guess I've worn all the fingerprints off my fingers quilting. Do you
think? A dear friend has given me a Sony e-reader whatever sort of book. I
love it. BUT. The way to turn it on and off is a silly nubby little sort
of slider thing on the top edge.
My fingertips won't 'do' it. I don't want to harm the precious book so
I'm using a soft wooden cuticle pusher manicure tool to start/stop the
rascal.
It is not a highly technical problem that requires someone named Peggy
in Wallahollabangodia to transfer me to a robot over.
Any ideas? or should I just go rob a safe since I reckon my
fingerprints are unidentifiable and useless? In this economy, there's
probably no money in the safe anyway. Polly

Old July 25th 11, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Wonder if a rubber finger cot thingie would work? Some people keep
them in the sewing basket for pulling stubborn needles.
Doesn't the gadget shut itself off if nobody turns pages for a while?
Then you'd only have to turn it on, save yourself half the misery.
Roberta in D

Old July 25th 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

wrote:
I guess I've worn all the fingerprints off my fingers quilting. *Do you
think? *A dear friend has given me a Sony e-reader whatever sort of book. *I
love it. *BUT. *The way to turn it on and off is a silly nubby little sort
of slider thing on the top edge.
* *My fingertips won't 'do' *it. *I don't want to harm the precious book so
I'm using a soft wooden cuticle pusher manicure tool to start/stop the
rascal.
* *It is not a highly technical problem that requires someone named Peggy
in Wallahollabangodia to transfer me to a robot over.
* *Any ideas? or should I just go rob a safe since I reckon my
fingerprints are unidentifiable and useless? *In this economy, there's
probably no money in the safe anyway. *Polly- Hide quoted text -

Old July 25th 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Lancaster

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 00:55:53 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:
My fingertips won't 'do' it. I don't want to harm the precious book so
I'm using a soft wooden cuticle pusher manicure tool to start/stop the
rascal.

Try a pencil eraser. Either the type on the end of a pencil or the
miniature bar of soap shaped ones.

Old July 26th 11, 02:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Do not rob a bank. Although the banking industry has gotten away with
robbing the rest of us, we do not ever get away with robbing them --
even if we are missing finger prints. You'd have to do a D.B.Cooper
thing and that probably wouldn't work without fingertips, either.
Dang. I like Kay's solution. And the finger cot sounds logical, too.

Sunny
will visit you in prison if you go ahead with bank robbery
Old July 26th 11, 05:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

We'll start collecting Bail. Just let us know when and where to send it.
Butterfly (Remember when we use to do this?)

Old July 26th 11, 05:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
claudia

And pray tell what is wrong with using the cuticle thingy? Seems like
a fine solution. I have the Sony reader. It lives in my purse and goes
with me EVERYWHERE. The sliding thingy is really quite smooth/easy to
move and the little nubs will keep your cuticle thingy from slipping.

Looks to me that you have already found the solution!

Claudia
Old July 26th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Not to worry about bail money. In the 1st place, the temp here's going to
106° today and I'm not going to rob a safe unless they deliver it to me.
Secondly, the sheriff can't afford to arrest anybody since there's not
enough in his budget to keep 'em in jail; just too hot to bother.
I'm enjoying the Sony reader but I'll always love 'real' books. Polly

Old July 28th 11, 01:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna[_7_]

My Kindle will shut itself off in 10 minutes if it hasn't been
disturbed for that long.

I love my Kindle. I'm finding it's much easier on my eyes than books
are (especially paperback books with the tiny print). I use my
fingernail (I keep my fingernails cut pretty short) to turn off my
Kindle.

Donna in Idaho

OT-E Reader Lucille Needlework 10 December 15th 09 06:18 PM
OT-E Book reader ?? lucille Needlework 13 June 4th 09 12:05 AM
Newsgroups Reader? [email protected] Quilting 8 May 24th 08 03:20 PM
OT News Reader Heidi B Quilting 10 May 4th 08 03:53 PM
OT/Testing new ng reader. Richard Williams Yarn 17 July 15th 04 03:37 AM