And yet another thimble

Old November 8th 05, 05:16 PM
teleflora

Default And yet another thimble

http://www.quilterslittlehelper.com/thimbles.htm

I ordered both of these thimbles, just because they intrigued me. Has
anyone tried either of them?

This silicone stuff is EVERYWHERE!

Cindy

Old November 8th 05, 05:23 PM
Patti S

Hi Cindy
I asked about thimbles a while ago because my finger got so sore doing
hand sewing. I ordered 4 different kinds per the advice of posts, and
found out I simply can't use a thimble. Just too darn cumbersome, and I
can't "feel" where the needle is going. I didn't try a silicone one, so
please let us know how you like it!

Patti in Seattle

"forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has
crushed it"
**mark twain**

Old November 8th 05, 05:44 PM
teleflora

I just can't sew without one. And since my nails are longer, I can't use
the one I've had for years. I really like the little stick on one, but I
have to take it off and put it back on all the time and it soon becomes
unsticky. I like the little suede "dot's" for light sewing, but they tend
to move around on my finger and the thread gets into the sticky part.

You are supposed to be able to "feel" the needle with this one. I'll let
you know.

Cindy
PS, If you just can't get used to wearing a thimble at all, maybe you can
take the suggestion of some of the other folks. Put one on and just wear
it. Do housework, go to the store, just carry it in your pocket and slip it
on whenever you think about it. I think if you could just get used to it,
you may like it.

Old November 8th 05, 06:08 PM
Bonnie NJ

I have been using a brass thimble ring and it's has really made stitching
easy. Fingers are free to pull the needle and the ring gives all the push
necessary. It's made by Clover, available in three sizes and inexpensive.
I purchased mine at the Rag Shop with a coupon for under $2.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old November 8th 05, 09:14 PM
MB

I haven't ordered it yet...actually I think theywere out of the one I
wanted and forgot
to check again on it...Thanks for the reminder !...Mary /vt

Old November 8th 05, 09:15 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Haven't tried them.
Did see this:
http://www.romanticroad.com/fingerhutmuseum/
A woman opened the place just for us that morning.
Quite interesting. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy

Old November 8th 05, 09:16 PM
MB

I like the leather ones that are beige dots....but I liked them better
before they made them so thick.
They used to be thin and green and thought they felt better.
Mary /vt

Old November 8th 05, 09:33 PM
teleflora

" Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!
Haven't tried them.
Did see this:
http://www.romanticroad.com/fingerhutmuseum/
A woman opened the place just for us that morning.
Quite interesting. ;-)

Ragmop/Sandy

Oh how cool! Archaeologists should have no trouble discovering the silicone
ones 30,000 years from now. I think that stuff stays around forever.

Cindy

Old November 8th 05, 09:52 PM
MB

I was just watching Ami SImms on Quilters news network..went to Ami's site
and
lookee he http://store1.yimg.com/I/mallerypressllc_1869_271727

Old November 8th 05, 09:59 PM
teleflora

"MB" wrote in message
I was just watching Ami SImms on Quilters news network..went to Ami's site
and
lookee he http://store1.yimg.com/I/mallerypressllc_1869_271727

Ain't that purty? They look like gummy bears. It's everywhere I tells ya!
I wonder what keeps the back end of a #12 from going right through that
stuff?

Cindy