Ashford Joy spinning wheel

Old October 21st 03, 12:23 AM
Els van Dam

Default Ashford Joy spinning wheel

Hello Norma.....the picture Martin posted for you is a traveling an
Ashfort Joy wheel made by Ashfort in New zealand.

You can fold it so you can take it with you in the car or when you
traveling by bus plane or train. It is an upright wheel with a single
treadle and I would think that it is flyer driven, but I am not totally
sure of that. where did I get all this info, Well first of all I have
seen this wheel before at one of our spinning meetings. Just now I looked
it up in an old Spin Off magazine from the Interweave press.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old October 21st 03, 12:55 AM
CMM PDX2

Els wrote:

Hello Norma.....the picture Martin posted for you is a traveling
an Ashfort Joy wheel made by Ashfort in New zealand.

LOL - ok, this is just to laugh at myself for madly responding to posts before
reading the entire newsgroup. ::snerk:: But hey, usually there are are a bunch
of 'em, y'know? At least I did guess correctly that it was a traveling wheel.
g Thanks for the info, Els; now my 'satiable curiosity is satisfied. (shoulda
known it was an Ashford - don't they make everything? hee.)

Monica - third time's the charm, here

CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old October 21st 03, 05:53 AM
Norma

Thanks Els. I don't know anything about spinning, although I did see a lady
once with what I thought was a miniature spinning wheel at a show once. I
was told that *it* was a travelling wheel. I have never seen a wheel like
the one in the picture, it's nice to know a bit about it.

--
Star love,
Norma