'yes' in other languages - it's on topic

Old January 16th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne Gottliebsen

Default 'yes' in other languages - it's on topic

Heidi from Germany wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to embroider the word 'yes' in many languages on a quilt (
it's the elk's quilt on my WIP-Page )
Can you help me with further languages:
So far I have German/English/French/Italian/Russian
TIA
Heidi from Germany

http://home.vrweb.de/~hbquilts/
mail: please remove quilt from address

Danish: ja

Hanne in London

Old January 16th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Neeji

Hawaiian - ae
Gaelic (Scottish) has no actual 'yes', but you could use seadh (means
'that is so')

Old January 16th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Heidi from Germany

Thanks all :-))
Heidi from Germany

Spanish is .... si

Old January 16th 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jack Campin - bogus address

I'd like to embroider the word 'yes' in many languages
on a quilt (it's the elk's quilt on my WIP-Page)
Can you help me with further languages:
So far I have German/English/French/Italian/Russian

Turkish: "evet" or "tabii".
Scots: "aye".
Lazuri: "ho".

Old January 16th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/te...ody-d9-d7.html
take your pick from these Maori affirmations.
a 'yes' can vary a lot depending on the context/issue to which one refers.
fwiw,
j.

Old January 16th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

"Tak" in Polish

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

languages DrQuilter Quilting 31 June 10th 06 04:47 PM
On topic, large sigh, a little shopping advice please ( a littleoff topic too) Cheryl Isaak Needlework 7 November 24th 04 11:24 AM
My Trip to Lake Placid (on topic and some off topic stuff) Cheryl Isaak Needlework 4 July 15th 04 01:06 PM
quilting for today on topic-off topic-back to on topic (and long) CNYstitcher Quilting 2 August 29th 03 06:28 PM
" yarn words" in differenf languages ejdallas Yarn 0 July 11th 03 01:50 AM