New Stitches Magazine question

Old August 11th 05, 08:15 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default New Stitches Magazine question

Has any one in the States gotten or seen the latest issues #147 or #148? I
haven't seen a new issue since June and have only gotten stonewalling at
Barnes and Noble.

Thanks gang!

Cheryl

Old August 11th 05, 08:21 PM
Karen C - California

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

Has any one in the States gotten or seen the latest issues #147 or #148? I
haven't seen a new issue since June and have only gotten stonewalling at
Barnes and Noble.

Thanks gang!

Cheryl

Newsbeat, downtown Sacramento, had it (first time I'd seen it there)
when I went in May. I'll try to remember to check next time I'm
downtown, unless you want to try calling them first?

--
Karen C - California
Finished 7/30/05 - 50th anniversary sampler for my parents

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for aunt/uncle, July birthstone
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old August 12th 05, 12:06 AM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

According to what I could get out of the woman in Barnes and Noble, they
haven't gotten anything new since June, which would be the last issue I got.

Wonder what is going on?

I was in my Barnes and Noble last weekend and noticed that they had
hardly any cross-stitch all of a sudden...just 2 British mags and maybe
one other American one. They also rearranged the whole section, so I was
quite thrown off at first!
(Ever notice how many quilting mags there are relative to cross-stitch?
Are there that many more quilters? It's gotta be more than a 5:1 ratio
between cross stitch and quilting!)

Sue
Old August 12th 05, 01:52 AM
Pat P

"Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

According to what I could get out of the woman in Barnes and Noble, they
haven't gotten anything new since June, which would be the last issue I
got.

Wonder what is going on?

I was in my Barnes and Noble last weekend and noticed that they had hardly
any cross-stitch all of a sudden...just 2 British mags and maybe one other
American one. They also rearranged the whole section, so I was quite
thrown off at first!
(Ever notice how many quilting mags there are relative to cross-stitch?
Are there that many more quilters? It's gotta be more than a 5:1 ratio
between cross stitch and quilting!)

Sue

It certainly seems to be increasing dramatically over here, Sue. I just
wish I could still do it! I love the Baltimore Quilts - we had a great
demonstration at our Craft Guild a couple of months ago, by an American lady
who lives over here and lectures at the Ipswich College. She says she never
uses them - she keeps them wrapped up and put away and just brings them out
to show interested people. It seems an awful shame, yet I can understand it
on one level. It`s certainly a lot of work. I took a few photos.

Pat P

Old August 12th 05, 02:54 AM
clancy

I find there are so many more quilting magazines at our local mag store and
Chapters too ... but that's okay, I love quilting ... I've got a double
addiction - cross-stitch and quilting ... I'll never be a rich woman.
:-)) The cost of these magazines now tho' makes me really look thru them
before I buy ... and I refuse to buy those that are wrapped in plastic so
that I can't peek ... well maybe not the Australian ones - I just love them.

Sharon (N.B.)

Old August 12th 05, 11:16 AM
Charlene Charette

Cheryl Isaak wrote:

According to what I could get out of the woman in Barnes and Noble, they
haven't gotten anything new since June, which would be the last issue
I got.

Wonder what is going on?

I was in my Barnes and Noble last weekend and noticed that they had
hardly any cross-stitch all of a sudden...just 2 British mags and maybe
one other American one. They also rearranged the whole section, so I was
quite thrown off at first!
(Ever notice how many quilting mags there are relative to cross-stitch?
Are there that many more quilters? It's gotta be more than a 5:1 ratio
between cross stitch and quilting!)

Sue

The question isn't "are there that many more quilters", but rather "do
quilters buy that many more magazines." I stitch, but I don't buy many
stitchery magazines. The two I care about I have subscriptions.

--Charlene

--
CPR: An emergency exercise that helps concerned onlookers feel useful
while the victim expires. -- Bayan, Rick; The Cynic's Dictionary, 2002

email perronnelle at earthlink . net
Old August 12th 05, 05:45 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Pat P wrote:

I love the Baltimore Quilts - we had a great
demonstration at our Craft Guild a couple of months ago, by an American lady
who lives over here and lectures at the Ipswich College.

Two years ago the Baltimore Museum of Art had an exhibit of all their
Baltimore album quilts -- three gallery rooms full. They were
breathtaking. It was a special exhibit that only showed here and then
travelled to Japan, and unfortuately the Internet gallery is no longer
up. The exhibit said that the textiles are so fragile now, they can't be
exposed to light for extended periods of time.

The BMA has a wonderful textile collection - but doesn't always have
much on exhibit at a given time. Right now they have a good (or so I've
heard; haven't seen it yet) lace exhibit. I should mark my calendar so I
remember the first Thursday of next month - the free admission day!

sue
Old August 13th 05, 06:47 PM
Bea

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Has any one in the States gotten or seen the latest issues #147 or #148?
haven't seen a new issue since June and have only gotten stonewalling at
Barnes and Noble.

Thanks gang!

Cheryl

Cheryl,
I was in my local Border's yesterday and they had #147 for sale. Didn't see
#148 there, but it should be there soon I hope. It seems to take 3 or more
weeks before we see them on the West Coast. Looked through #147 but didn't
buy it, nothing really said "make me".

Bea

Old August 13th 05, 06:57 PM
Pat P

"Bea" wrote in message

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
Has any one in the States gotten or seen the latest issues #147 or #148?
haven't seen a new issue since June and have only gotten stonewalling at
Barnes and Noble.

Thanks gang!

Cheryl

Cheryl,
I was in my local Border's yesterday and they had #147 for sale. Didn't
see #148 there, but it should be there soon I hope. It seems to take 3 or
more weeks before we see them on the West Coast. Looked through #147 but
didn't buy it, nothing really said "make me".

Bea

Haven`t bought New Stitches for ages, for that very reason - haven`t seen
anything that really grabs me. I usually get Cross Stitch Gold, but even
then it has to be something special - however I just renewed my
subscription. If you drop it for a few months they start to panic and offer
free issues and a free kit! I received my free kit today - quite a pretty
"Flower Fairies" (DMC) one. The Sweet Pea fairies. Not really my scene,
but I may well use it for a gift.

Pat P

Quick 'short-row' question (knitting) Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 18 May 15th 05 09:28 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Dr. Sooz Beads 0 April 22nd 05 07:24 PM
Handquilting question Mika Quilting 74 November 10th 04 03:48 AM
A Quilting Question Patti Quilting 25 September 24th 04 10:09 PM
Question for Hand Quilters MelissaInNJ Quilting 7 February 21st 04 03:51 PM