(OT): sad day in Rome

Old April 1st 05, 09:07 AM
rory

Default (OT): sad day in Rome

our Pope, Giovanni Paolo II, is leaving.
the city is silent, much people, many young people, are praying in Piazza
San Pietro.
I do not have more words

marina in Roma

Old April 1st 05, 12:06 PM
Jessamy

Yes it is sad - even though I don't "do" roman catholic - I thought he
really did try to make the world a better place for everyone.

He deserves the rest he will be getting - he has worked hard.

--
Jessamy
www.geocities.com/jess_ayad

Old April 1st 05, 05:14 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Jessamy" wrote:

Yes it is sad - even though I don't "do" roman catholic - I thought he
really did try to make the world a better place for everyone.

He deserves the rest he will be getting - he has worked hard.

I'm not catholic, either, but it truly is a sad day when such a beloved
figure is so ill. I'm hoping for a peaceful end, when it's his time.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old April 1st 05, 05:35 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

I've been on my knees since I heard. If he has to go I pray it is
peacefully and without pain. He truelly is the Prince of Peace.
SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old April 1st 05, 10:53 PM
Krysia Thompson

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:07:15 GMT, "rory"
wrote:

our Pope, Giovanni Paolo II, is leaving.
the city is silent, much people, many young people, are praying in Piazza
San Pietro.
I do not have more words

marina in Roma

Poland has been at a more or less standstill today, people
leaving work and schools and praying in churches.
I prefer to remember Him as a travelling Pope, one who had so
much influence over relative peace in Poland in difficult times

Krysia
K.T. - starannie opakowana

Old April 2nd 05, 09:53 PM
AliceW

May he rest in peace.

Alice

"rory" wrote in message
: the end.
:
: finito
:
:
: ...

Old April 2nd 05, 10:03 PM
Patti

Requiescat in pace.
..
In message , rory
writes
the end.

finito

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old April 2nd 05, 11:26 PM
Paul & Suzie Beckwith

{{{{{for us all}}}}}

Suzie B
(not Catholic, but still grieving)
--
Southend, UK

Old April 3rd 05, 12:05 AM
Kellie J. Berger

AMEN...

--
-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com
"the black rose" wrote in message
rory wrote:
the end.

finito

Vichnaya pam'yat -- eternal memory. He was a great man.

--

the black rose