'The Quilters' Play

Old June 27th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default 'The Quilters' Play

Last night I went to a production of the venerable play, The Quilters. It
was staged by the Tidewater Repertory Theater, a new professional troupe.
I'd seen it a few times before, about 20 years ago in California, and about
10 years ago locally. Last night's show was excellent, and the high quality
measures up to what I remember of the California show.

This show is about women, about the American Frontier, and about Quilts. I
enjoyed it on all those levels. It is a musical, and has lively scenes and
some amusement, but does include some sorrow and dark scenes. The acting was
very good, as was the singing. Musical accompaniment was good. The show was
presented in a former dairy barn, and was nicely staged. The quilts on the
show were lovely, as were those displayed in the lobby. Paintings of the
Ohio Barn Quilts were also displayed, and were for sale. If you have a
chance to see this show, by all means do so!

--
Pat in Virginia

Old June 27th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'm sure it's been over 20 years since I last saw it. I remember enjoying
it though. Did they have a huge quilt as the backdrop?

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 28th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

The large quilt was displayed at the conclusion of the play. During the
play, blocks were featured as themes to accompany the scenes, each block
actually finished as a small quilt. Then the large quilt would show how the
blocks were ' made into a quilt.' The blocks and the quilt were made by
quilters at Nancy's Calico Patch, a LQS where I've taken or met several
visiting RCTQ friends.

--
Pat in Virginia, USA

Old June 29th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

My small group made the huge backdrop quilt that was displayed at our local
theatre's production. This was before I moved here though. Every so often
the question of "where is that quilt" comes up....I don't know if anyone
knows.

--

"KJ" wrote in message
I'm sure it's been over 20 years since I last saw it. I remember
enjoying it though. Did they have a huge quilt as the backdrop?

FA: Vintage Play-Doh Play Stone Presto-Molder Set, c. 1970 fishnet Marketplace 0 December 27th 07 04:08 AM
Hi! Can I play too? BJ Quilting 47 July 13th 06 03:42 PM
Come play with me Kate Dicey Quilting 40 January 21st 06 04:16 PM
The Quilters play Susan Laity Price Quilting 3 March 24th 04 09:31 AM