(spew warning) Hospital Happenings

Old January 26th 04, 09:23 PM
Sharon Harper

Sounds like your DF has my own sense of humour! Glad to hear you are
feeling okay. Don't forget to take it easy.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

"Teresa in Colorado" wrote in message
Got sprung from the hospital yesterday - they took out the baby carriage

and
left the playpen, as my DF says and put my bladder in a sling.

I had several visiters - including a delightful 3 month old who was quite
happy to snuggle with me in bed while her mom and I visited. Had more
company arrive while I was holding the baby - the looks on their faces

were
priceless! They were NOT expecting to find me to be cuddling a baby!

--
Teresa in Colorado

http://home.comcast.net/~treesaquilts
The Presser Foot
Sewing Machine Sales, Service, Supplies, and More
www.thepresserfoot.com

Old January 26th 04, 11:11 PM
Sharon Harper

I really do have to laugh about this. I was sent home from hospital after
DD1's c-section and told NOT to lift anything on pain of death. Okay I
said. After one week I was hefting the laundry basket, the groceries, the
vacuum. After second DD's c-section, same warning, only difference DH was
home for 2 weeks. After springing me with a full laundry basket he said
"Why didn't you call me and I would have moved it?". My answer? "How do
you think it all got moved after Madeline was born?" Then it dawned on
him.....the Heavy Lifting Fairy does not exist.

--

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Teresa in Colorado wrote:

Got sprung from the hospital yesterday - they took out the baby carriage

and
left the playpen, as my DF says and put my bladder in a sling.

I had several visiters - including a delightful 3 month old who was

quite
happy to snuggle with me in bed while her mom and I visited. Had more
company arrive while I was holding the baby - the looks on their faces

were
priceless! They were NOT expecting to find me to be cuddling a baby!

Glad you're feeling fit enough to post! Just you take heed of all the
dire warnings about lifting stuff - or not! - and make sure you heal
well.
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old January 27th 04, 12:18 AM
CNYstitcher

good to know I'm not the only one who disregards doc's advice at times!
Within a day after getting home with Rebekah, I was totaing laundry,
doing dishes, moving things around....of course, this was all after
moving furniture and repainting our bedroom while pregnant...guess I
just don't know how to slow down for anything!

LArisa

Old January 27th 04, 12:57 AM
Kate Dicey

Sharon Harper wrote:

I really do have to laugh about this. I was sent home from hospital after
DD1's c-section and told NOT to lift anything on pain of death. Okay I
said. After one week I was hefting the laundry basket, the groceries, the
vacuum. After second DD's c-section, same warning, only difference DH was
home for 2 weeks. After springing me with a full laundry basket he said
"Why didn't you call me and I would have moved it?". My answer? "How do
you think it all got moved after Madeline was born?" Then it dawned on
him.....the Heavy Lifting Fairy does not exist.

Nel the gadget queen will tell you the consequences of lifting an 8 YO 3
weeks after a hysterectomy are not too good!

Old January 27th 04, 02:21 AM
Taria

That lifting after babies is one of the things my mom got hollered
about by her mom and she hollered at me. We each learned the
hard way and they were right. YOu don't stay young forever and it all
adds up. It really does pay to take care of yourself when you are
young!
Taria

Old January 27th 04, 03:44 PM
Two x over

when katie was born...36 hours of induced, THEN a c-section...we came home from
the hospital, and that day, (in all the ice...) i took the dogs for a walk
around the block. our block is one mile. i was constantly running up and down
the stairs ...the dr. i had at that point, never gave me instructions on what i
could and could not do.

fast forward 8 years later with nate...another c-section (this time
scheduled...he came out weighing 10lb6oz).....i did take it easier and asked
for help more often. but, instead of being 29, i was now 37, and feeling it
more! lol...
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"