(LONG) I bought Dear Hannah last night ...

Old August 8th 03, 03:03 PM
DeB Shaw

Default (LONG) I bought Dear Hannah last night ...

No joke, it's already being distributed on the market. :^)
LQS in Tower (MN) had two Dear Hannah books available, and I just had to get
one.

We'd attended a funeral yesterday, and I decided DD and I should attend the
guild meeting last night ... to try and pick up our spirits a little. This
particular guild always meets at our LQS, so I knew we'd be surrounded by
much warmth, love, sharing and delightful things to behold.

We spotted the Dear Hannah book right away, thumbed thru quickly before
making myself let go and give it to the owner to set aside and include with
a purchase that DD might want to make as well. There was a Cherokee Proverb
written, on one of the letters to Dear Hannah, that said ... When you were
born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die,
the world cries and you rejoice.

The next letter I reached had a little notation from Helen Keller ... but
now I know that we could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were
only joy in the world.

Then came another, from Aunt Jane of Kentucky ... Patchwork? Ah no! It was
the memory, imagination, history, biography, joy, sorrow, philosophy,
religion, romance, realism, life, love and death; and over all, like a halo,
the love of the artist for his work and the soul's longing for earthly
immortality. {I'm giggling & thinking, Is it no wonder the topics here are
so varied?}

We learned last night, one of our guild members is moving to Illinois (she's
leaving us in two weeks), and plans on opening up a quilt shop with her
sister there. The shop will be located in New Baden, Illinois (about 2 hours
from Paducah). She's been keeping everything a secret for 3 months, until
all her arrangements had been made and accomplished. Her excitement was
exploding last night! You could almost see the Fourth of July fireworks
being displayed!!! grins When Cindy opens that new shop, you'se are going
to have a blast. ROTFLMAO

BTW, DD purchased a flower-shaped pincushion for her wrist and 2 FQ's. She
also drew a butterfly, while trying to endure a sewing machine maintenance
lesson we were having, and says we're going to turn her butterfly into a
quilt. Ahhhhhh ... A quilter's challenge has begun!!! *grins*

And ... each won a little something from the drawing they held. Half a dozen
6-inch charms for me, and half a dozen quilter's tools for DD. Afterwards,
there was cake and ice cream (lowfat too) and the most marvelous juice I've
ever tasted. A blend of apricot mixed w/pineapple and apple. MMMmmmm Very
light and extremely flavorful.

I couldn't help but share all this ... and now, ready to greet the day ... I
have to dash off to work.

Play hard, enjoy all you do today, and many hugs ...
DeB Shaw
Queen of the *Northern*Lights*

-----

We can make YOU the HERO!
http://www.ProjectRescuers.com

-----

OT Our night out (long) Candace Beads 39 June 24th 04 11:13 PM
Hellooo! Anyone remember me? (long...epic-ly long ;o) Kyla Beads 16 May 23rd 04 10:28 PM