1/8 inch foot?

Old March 25th 05, 02:51 PM
Linda Sweigart

Default 1/8 inch foot?

I have a 1/4 foot with a little metal edge guide, as I'm sure most of you
do. Has anyone ever heard of a similar foot with an 1/8 inch guide on it? I
have projects other than quilting that I could use it for.

Linda, in Lancaster PA

Old March 25th 05, 02:59 PM
MB

The featherweight foot has an 1/8" guide on its right side...perhaps with an
adapter you could use one?
Mary

Old March 25th 05, 03:18 PM
georg

Linda Sweigart wrote:

I have a 1/4 foot with a little metal edge guide, as I'm sure most of you
do. Has anyone ever heard of a similar foot with an 1/8 inch guide on it? I
have projects other than quilting that I could use it for.

My sewing machine doesn't have a 1/4 foot. Grumble. So I bought a big
magnetic guid. Consider that if you have a noncomputerized machine.

They don't make that sort of foot for my machine because the right feed
dog would not come in contact with the fabric or be covered by the
presser foot.

-georg
Old March 25th 05, 03:22 PM
Patti

I haven't, but there is no real need to have a foot, Linda.
You can use masking tape on your machine, or follow a guide on the
needle plate - I have a 1/8th mark on there.
..
In message bAV0e.44543$u76.5392@trndny08, Linda Sweigart
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 25th 05, 05:03 PM
Taria

Might an 1/8" foot have a problem with feed dogs lining
up and feeding properly?
Taria

Old March 25th 05, 05:39 PM
Linda Sweigart

There are various guides on the needle plate but I'm having wishful thinking
(lol) of a foot just like the 1/4 inch one. Having an 1/8 inch edge guide on
the foot itself would be so nice for slippery chiffons and satin because I
do alterations for people in addition to quilting.

Back in my younger days I worked in a couple sewing factories and they had
presser feet called 'riser' feet, mostly for top stitching, and they were as
narrow as 1/16 inch. I've just never seen anything similar for home sewing
machines.

.

Old March 25th 05, 07:24 PM
Marcella Peek

In article k1Y0e.23932$qN3.23631@trndny01,
"Linda Sweigart" wrote:

There are various guides on the needle plate but I'm having wishful thinking
(lol) of a foot just like the 1/4 inch one. Having an 1/8 inch edge guide on
the foot itself would be so nice for slippery chiffons and satin because I
do alterations for people in addition to quilting.

Back in my younger days I worked in a couple sewing factories and they had
presser feet called 'riser' feet, mostly for top stitching, and they were as
narrow as 1/16 inch. I've just never seen anything similar for home sewing
machines.

Does your sewing machine brand also make commercial machines? Like say
singer or Juki? You might find that a commercial machine foot might fit
and then you could have a 1/16 inch foot.

marcella
Old March 25th 05, 07:35 PM
ALZ

On my Bernina there is a little extension of the 1/4 foot that is 1/8
inch.

I have a generic 1/4 foot for my featherweight and the left side of it
is the 1/8 inch.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old March 25th 05, 08:43 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
A band-aid, with that little bump in the pad, works well
for keeping slippery fabric from slithering over too far.
It's also handy for any mishaps... oh, wait, we don't have those. g

Ragmop/Sandy--whose cheap little Singer loved her band-aids

Old March 25th 05, 09:37 PM
Linda Sweigart

Now that's an interesting idea. hmmm....

Linda

" Ellison" wrote in message
news
Howdy!
A band-aid, with that little bump in the pad, works well
for keeping slippery fabric from slithering over too far.
It's also handy for any mishaps... oh, wait, we don't have those. g

Do we do a yearly total of FO? NoraBalcer Yarn 24 January 6th 04 02:41 AM
Walking Foot Karlee in Kansas Quilting 1 December 13th 03 09:38 PM
Broken Foot Christina in Ok Quilting 12 October 29th 03 03:09 PM
A walk(ing foot) in the park KittyG Quilting 18 October 21st 03 06:35 PM