I'm back and exciting news!

Old August 29th 03, 07:54 PM
Beadbimbo

Default I'm back and exciting news!

Hi all,

I have been off to Vancouver Island, B.C., to visit one of my best
friends, who moved there about 6 years ago. I never thought I'd really be
able to afford to go, but hubby heard about some good airline deals and came
home and said if I wanted to go, this was the time. DD and I headed off,
and it was a wonderful trip. It made it very hard to come back to hot and
humid Ga! Because hubby's vacation is written in stone in Nov. of the
previous year, he couldn't go with us. I think he missed us quite a bit, so
it was nice to come home and feel appreciated!

Anyway, my exciting news is that I have a bracelet that will be featured
in the 500 Glass Beads book that's suppose to come out next year. Pretty
cool! Now I have to wait for the book to come out!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old August 29th 03, 08:00 PM
Shelby

Jerri, that's wonderful news about your bracelet. Contragulations!!!!
Can we see a peek or is that a no-no?

Glad you got to see your friend. What a great hubby you have to have
found that deal for you.

Shelby

Old August 29th 03, 08:12 PM
Deirdre S.

Fantastic! Congratulations...

And we'll -all- have to wait for it to come out. Who is the publisher,
and what is its focus -- is it all lampwork, or other glass beads as
well?

Deirdre

Old August 29th 03, 09:00 PM
S. Burwash

In article , Beadbimbo
wrote:

Hi all,

I have been off to Vancouver Island, B.C., to visit one of my best
friends, who moved there about 6 years ago. I never thought I'd really be
able to afford to go, but hubby heard about some good airline deals and came
home and said if I wanted to go, this was the time. DD and I headed off,
and it was a wonderful trip.
snip

Anyway, my exciting news is that I have a bracelet that will be featured
in the 500 Glass Beads book that's suppose to come out next year. Pretty
cool! Now I have to wait for the book to come out!!

Congratulations! It's a very cool feeling to see your work in print and
the Lark book is the big, big time. Isn't Vancouver Island lovely?
We've lived in Vancouver twice, and spent a lot of time on the island.
Certainly different weather than GA!

Susan in Canada
Old August 29th 03, 09:05 PM
Beadbimbo

Thanks Shelby,

Well, everything's still at the photographer's, although the pics have been
mailed in. This was so last minute (long story). I'd just taken some pics
with a digital camera, sent them in, said I'd have them done professionally
if they weren't acceptable. I didn't find out about the book until right
before the deadline, so didn't have time to have them professionally done.
Long story short, the photographer did the pics when I was going out of
town. I was on the phone with him right before I left, and they were mailed
up while I was gone.

And yes, I have a pretty sweet hubby. My friend, that we went to visit, was
my matron of honor 19 years ago.

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old August 29th 03, 09:35 PM
Sjpolyclay

I have a bracelet that will be featured
in the 500 Glass Beads book that's suppose to come out next year.

Way cool!!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Congratulations, Jerri!
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

view my auctions at:
http://www.polyclay.com/Collage/auction.htm

Old August 29th 03, 09:51 PM
scaperchick

wrote:

Anyway, my exciting news is that I have a bracelet that will be featured
in the 500 Glass Beads book that's suppose to come out next year. Pretty
cool! Now I have to wait for the book to come out!!

Wonderful news - congratulations!!!
Old August 30th 03, 12:18 AM
jennifer tax

Hey that's great :-D
Congratulations and I will be sure to keep my eye out for the book!
Jenn Tax-Matschat