clogging lint trap with ragged seam laprobe

Old January 30th 04, 02:15 AM
Susan Laity Price

Default clogging lint trap with ragged seam laprobe

Today I washed a lap quilt with ragged seams and another meant for the
chenille technique. I started with a new lint trap on the washing
machine hose. The entire lint trap was filled after the first wash and
there were lots of strings still in the washer. After they dried the
quilts looked great. The lint trap on the dryer was fuller than I have
ever seen it. I cleaned the dryer but forgot to clean the washer lint
trap.

I washed a small load of towels tonight. As the machine was emptying I
heard a funny sound. When I went to check there was water spraying all
over the laundry room. I removed the full lint trap and everything was
fine. The floor needed to be mopped anyway. The stuff on the shelves
above the washer will dry but I will have to re-box a few things.

Lesson learned.

Susan

Old January 30th 04, 12:43 PM
Kate Dicey

Susan Laity Price wrote:

Today I washed a lap quilt with ragged seams and another meant for the
chenille technique. I started with a new lint trap on the washing
machine hose. The entire lint trap was filled after the first wash and
there were lots of strings still in the washer. After they dried the
quilts looked great. The lint trap on the dryer was fuller than I have
ever seen it. I cleaned the dryer but forgot to clean the washer lint
trap.

I washed a small load of towels tonight. As the machine was emptying I
heard a funny sound. When I went to check there was water spraying all
over the laundry room. I removed the full lint trap and everything was
fine. The floor needed to be mopped anyway. The stuff on the shelves
above the washer will dry but I will have to re-box a few things.

Lesson learned.

Susan

AKK! I once had the drain hose on my washer fall off... 3 gallons of
hot soapy water (it was a boil wash towel load!) don't half clean a
floor!

When my mum bought her first front load automatic washer, she got a free
sample of Ariel with it... Only it WASN'T the low suds stuff for front
loaders... I came in from school to find her sweeping a meringue like
substance out of the back door into the yard! Soap bubbles as far as
the eye could see!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 30th 04, 01:14 PM
Joan8904

$118 washer repair :

I learned MY lesson.

joan
joan o'reilly
http://members.aol.com/Joan8904/index.html

Old January 30th 04, 03:23 PM
Taria

first time I asked ds to runt he dishwaser for me he
used regular hand washing dish soap not the dishwasher
stuff. Same thing. I had been outdside and I walked into
the house and there was a sea of saop bubbles. It was
kind of neat excepting the cleaning part! Soap is hard to
get up but boy was the floor nice and clean.
Taria

Old January 31st 04, 05:14 PM
Dr. Quilter

first time living in the US, I used dishwasher soap to be used by hand
in the dishwasher machine.... talk about meringue! my landlord was not
happy... I had no clue... )

When my mum bought her first front load automatic washer, she got a free
sample of Ariel with it... Only it WASN'T the low suds stuff for front
loaders... I came in from school to find her sweeping a meringue like
substance out of the back door into the yard! Soap bubbles as far as
the eye could see!

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Old February 3rd 04, 04:30 AM
Royce

Make sure you clean out the bobbin compartment of your SM too. Recently,
after making a rag quilt out of homespuns, I started having difficulty with
stitch length & other problems. I thought I was going to need a new
machine, because I had tried everything!

Then when the ear infection went away, and I could think & see clearly, I
realized that the throat plate was raised up slightly on the right side.

I pulled it out, and there was so much lint trapped and compacted into the
feed dogs between the teeth, that the throat plate could not allow the feed
dogs to operate. I had to dig & pull the lint out with dental tools &
tweezers. Then it worked fine!

The good news is, the kids got me a new machine for Christmas anyway! You
can't have too many, you know!

--
Royce, 6 machines & counting....
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old February 18th 04, 09:15 AM
Dragonfly

Or be prepared to stop the machine every five minutes or so to clear the
frayed bits & lint.

My washing machine has a lint filter that the water flows through each time
it's pumped back up to the top -- so I just opened the machine every five
minutes and picked up the loose threads. Did the same with the dryer lint
screen, and everything went fine.

Dragonfly

"Piglet" wrote in message
I think this might be why even the commercial patterns say "go use the
laundromat on the first wash." g

--pig

On 1/29/04 20:15, opined: