Complex Look - Simple Sewing (was Where do you find the time)

Old September 23rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Default Complex Look - Simple Sewing (was Where do you find the time)

We're collecting ideas here... for quilts that LOOK COMPLEX or just plain STUNNING... but really
aren't terribly demanding or time consuming to make.

I mentioned in the other thread -- I think it was a Rail Fence -- that was done in 2 colors ( 2
fabrics) and several of us sat for several minutes trying to discern the pattern. The quilt was
STUNNING beyond belief! But how hard is a Rail Fence????? (all in the color placement and choice!)

So here's your chance... name your "LOOKS LIKE A MILLION BUCKS"... but sure didn't cost that much
(in time and trouble!)

Kate in MI

Old September 23rd 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Warm Wishes is one I like. http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt83/
I've made 2 tops so far.

--
Mary
. ..
:
: I mentioned in the other thread -- I think it was a Rail Fence -- that was
done in 2 colors ( 2
: fabrics) and several of us sat for several minutes trying to discern the
pattern. The quilt was
: STUNNING beyond belief! But how hard is a Rail Fence????? (all in the
color placement and choice!)
:
: So here's your chance... name your "LOOKS LIKE A MILLION BUCKS"... but
sure didn't cost that much
: (in time and trouble!)
:
: Kate in MI
: http://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves
: --
:
:
:

Old September 23rd 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Lyn Mann does quilts that piece reallly easy. You can see them he
http://www.quiltsbylyn.com/index.htm

I've taken a few classes from her and they are easy and fun. Lots of
pieces but lots of chain piecing that goes fast.

Irish chain is one I have wanted to do for a long time myself.

Rail fence is easy and quick.
Taria

Old September 23rd 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Someone else makes that one for baby quilts. I have that one on my
list too : )
Taria

Old September 23rd 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Books -
http://tinyurl.com/gzljd
Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles (don't be
misled by the cover, huge range inside)

http://tinyurl.com/jzqss
Spectacular Scraps (all HSTs)

http://tinyurl.com/fqqkw
Triangle Tricks (a bit more work involved)

http://tinyurl.com/hfw2l
Tessellation Quilts - new book, definitely worth a look

Patterns -
http://tinyurl.com/h2opj Peace in the Valley (works like
YBR, but better IMNSHO as I never liked the instructions for
YBR)

http://tinyurl.com/fkex6 American Pie

http://tinyurl.com/4za5 Cheese and Crackers (scroll
down, also see some other Atknison designs)

--

Cheryl & the Cats
o o o o o o

. ..

Old September 23rd 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

I'll have to vote for Warm Wishes. You can use soft florals, Sponge Bob or
polka dots and Nascar checks - doesn't matter, it likes everything. Polly

Old September 23rd 06, 08:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Yes, that would get my vote, too.
When I have finished my current project, I have all the fabric lined up
for one of these. It will be such a relief to do something like this.
I do also like Yellow Brick Road. I had to buy the pattern - it was so
fascinating the way it is put together.
..
In message , maryd
writes
Warm Wishes is one I like. http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt83/
I've made 2 tops so far.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 23rd 06, 08:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

maryd wrote:

Warm Wishes is one I like.
http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt83/ I've made 2 tops so far.

Cot size is at
http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt4/

--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)
Old September 23rd 06, 12:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Can't beat Irish Chain IMO, single or double or even triple are fast to
strip piece.
Roberta in D

. ..

Old September 23rd 06, 01:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mauvice in central WI

http://www.reddawn.net/quilt/hwells.htm
I love the look of these Hidden wells....several have been made for
donations in our group and were AMAZING....Uses scrap strips and simple
sewing....
Mauvice