RCTQ Directory Vol 11 UPDATE

Old September 29th 04, 12:46 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

No kidding! You weren't the only one. I had to delete the extras (not just
from you), but don't know if I got them all.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Great job on the form, Alice. When I really did try it, I had such fun I
filled it in three times. How is the great cookbook coming along? Polly

---

Old September 29th 04, 12:49 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I usually let people in if they have been conversing on the ng enough for
people to know who they are. So, if you are worried, start posting before I
begin entering info.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"lal" wrote in message
LN (remove NOSPAM) wrote:
I've been asked when I'm going to update the directory...well, why not

now?

Deadline is October 15th to get your info to me. This time we're trying
something different. Alice has set up a form for everyone to fill out.

The
info will be mailed to me when you hit the submit button. Isn't she

great?
Instructions are on the website below. As always, if you know someone

who is
usually on the newsgroup but is not reading right now, let them know

it's
time to update.

http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/Directory/index.htm

Well, I'm just hoping as a "mostly lurker" I get on the list. Sounded
like strict requirements from the first page....

lal

---

Old September 29th 04, 01:13 AM
Royce

Way cool! Thanks LN & Alice!

--
Royce
A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Old September 29th 04, 01:39 AM
AliceW

Lal, the instructions were not meant to be strict, just a way to get them to
be consistent when the info is entered so LN does not have to do a lot of
editing. Everyone gets into the Directory who fills out the form as long as
you are an RCTQ follower, and lurkers are welcome. If you have any
questions about what is needed on the form, I'd be glad to answer questions.
You can email me privately. Be glad to help.

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

:

Old September 29th 04, 01:44 AM
Donna

Me too. Thanks LN.
Donna
"Musicmaker" wrote in message
I'm sure glad that everyone else has already figured out all the glitches
in
the form - I was able to pop in and fill it out in no time at all - no
problems. yeehaw

--
Cindy Bettinger
Charleston, IL
"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
BTW: MORAG IN DETROIT, please resend your info without ALL CAPS on.

Thanks.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THE FORM IN ALL CAPS. IT IS WRITTEN IN THE
INSTRUCTIONS TO PLEASE NOT DO THAT.

IF YOU DO THAT, I END UP HAVING TO RETYPE ALL OF YOUR INFO INSTEAD OF

JUST
CUTTING AND PASTING IT IN. DOING SO IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT AND THERE
WILL
COME A TIME WHEN I'LL JUST NOT DO IT. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE REJECTED. THIS

IS
SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME.

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Thank you.

Old September 29th 04, 01:47 AM
Listpig

I'm not sure I know how to *do* all the steps of the process, but with Alice
using the form, I'd think that the process would be this:

Instead of having the output delivered in email, have it written to a text
file, where each new posting goes on a new line of the same file

Have the output come out with either just a tab or just a comma between
fields.

That would give you a tab or comma delimited file which could be imported
into Excel or Word---tab delimited would probably be tidier for Word. Alice
would just email the text file to LN on October 16th.

Potential problems: if the file lives in the webspace, and someone knows the
correct file name, the contents would be visible online. Unlikely. More
likely would be a spambot finding it, which would be a Bad Thing.

Alternatively, if you set up the form to do "separated only by tabs" to
email, the emails would be pure cut'n'paste to Excel. Don't know how the
form output is currently set up. I've done that in the past with training
forms to send output with HTML inserted so that it's cut'n'paste into an
HTML table, and that went very well.

--pig

On 9/28/04 18:40, in article , "LN (remove
NOSPAM)" wrote:

Someone on here was going to try to find a way for me to do that, but she
got very busy and I haven't heard from her lately. : ( If anyone else
knows of a way, they can work on that for me for the next time.

-- pig

http://www.faloshi-studios.com/

Old September 29th 04, 02:12 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Actually, complete lurkers (someone who never posts) will NOT be added as
this directory is filled with people's home information and emails. I don't
feel comfy with passing that info on to a stranger. The least that could
happen is someone would ask to be in and then use the directory to harvest
emails for spam. Not nice. So, I try to be a little controlling. Having
that restriction has actually made some lurkers come out of hiding in the
past and I think that's a good thing. I think the ng is more enjoyable if
you participate and become 'known'.

Old September 29th 04, 02:19 AM
AliceW

LN is correct, and rightly so. She knows best and is only protecting our
privacy. So, I will let her answer these posts and I will go get some
sleep. Sorry, LN, didn't mean to overspeak.

--
[...]

: --
: LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)
:
: "AliceW" wrote in message
: ...
: Everyone gets into the Directory who fills out the form as long as
: you are an RCTQ follower, and lurkers are welcome.
: --
: Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
:
: "lal" wrote in message
: ...
: : Well, I'm just hoping as a "mostly lurker" I get on the list. Sounded
: : like strict requirements from the first page....
: :
: : lal
:
:
:
:
: ---
:
:

Old September 29th 04, 08:44 AM
Roberta Zollner

Gluttons for punishment, both of you! Alice, you are my website hero! LN,
thanks again XX (kiss on both cheeks)
Roberta in D