RCTQ Directory Vol 11 UPDATE

Old September 28th 04, 09:12 PM
Laurie G.

LN and Alice - Thanks for the great form! I entered my info today - Tuesday
the 28th and had no problems whatsoever! It took my multiple word colors
with spaces with no problem. I think this is a great idea and hope that the
others not in the USofA can get their info in easily.

Laurie G.

"LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
I've been asked when I'm going to update the directory...well, why not

now?

Deadline is October 15th to get your info to me. This time we're trying
something different. Alice has set up a form for everyone to fill out. The
info will be mailed to me when you hit the submit button. Isn't she great?
Instructions are on the website below. As always, if you know someone who

is
usually on the newsgroup but is not reading right now, let them know it's
time to update.

http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/RCTQ/Directory/index.htm

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

---

Old September 28th 04, 09:16 PM
Laurie G.

I will vouch for you Karen! I know you are a real person cuz we've met in
person! And, we met through this group so we can vouch for each other! lol!

Laurie G.

"David/Karen Garza" wrote in message
.net...
Well then, you are in good company. I may not get in either because I
don't post here very often. Oh well

Karen

lal wrote:

Well, I'm just hoping as a "mostly lurker" I get on the list. Sounded
like strict requirements from the first page....

lal

Old September 28th 04, 09:27 PM
David/Karen Garza

Thanks Laurie :-)
I finished my nose gays quilt top. I think I'll have it machine quilted
at the LQS. I can't wait to see it finished!
How is your coming along?

Karen

Old September 29th 04, 12:36 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

LOL Don't worry about it. You were the first one this time, but so many have
done it in the past.

Thanks for resending it.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"MoragP" wrote in message
BTW: MORAG IN DETROIT, please resend your info without ALL CAPS on.

Oh Lord, wouldn't you just know it would be me?
(greatly chagrined)
Morag in Detroit

---

Old September 29th 04, 12:37 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Someone found a way to get the letters in the zip...they didn't put it in
the zip... They put it in right after Canda. It worked.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

wrote in message
On September 27 2004, you wrote:
I know that I really haven't been posting allot lately but I would
still like to be in the directory , so I tried filling out the form ,
but it wont let me, it has to do with the zip/ postal code, the form
wont let me put numbers into it, yet another reason not to like the
Canadian postal system , da darn numbers.

Dawn

I had the same problem, Dawn, so I left that field blank and hoped for
the best....it did accept the form.:-)

--
-

---

Old September 29th 04, 12:38 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I think it did make it easier for everyone as I have never had 143 emails
the first day before! Of course, it was actually higher, but when I deleted
the duplicates (after checking to make sure they were dupes), there were
143. Some of you were kind enough to send your entry 3 times.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"nana2b" wrote in message
Done! A great job! I hope thismade it easier for you. Linda

---

Old September 29th 04, 12:40 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Someone on here was going to try to find a way for me to do that, but she
got very busy and I haven't heard from her lately. : ( If anyone else
knows of a way, they can work on that for me for the next time.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"Quiltin_Kate" wrote in message

The Queen has spoken!
Do you think, that while she is otherwise engaged with the cutting and
pasting for the directory, we could organize a stash raid? Where are those
raiders that are always ducking and running anyway?

The form is such a great idea. Thank you for doing all of the sorting and
listing. It's too bad that you couldn't just somehow import it....to an
approach or access database.
Kate

---

Old September 29th 04, 12:44 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I'm assuming you saw some of the posts above from folks who had some trouble
with parts of the form. Don't know if they are things you can 'fix' or not.

Thanks again, Alice.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"AliceW" wrote in message
Printing is not necessary, but LN thought the button would be a nice touch
as did I. Oh, BTW, anyone entering a fictitious name will be charged a

FQ!
LN has enough to do without weeding out the "faux folks"!

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
: If I sign up twice, once with oh, say, a fictitious name, such as Dina
: Sewer, and a near neighbors addy, would I get twice as many squishies?
: :-)
: and...
: at the end where it says, print form... do I really need to click that

or
: can I just trust my memory to keep the details of my life intact in my
mind?
: Thanks Alice and LN!
: Diana
:
: --
: Vote this November (U.S.A.)
: "LN (remove NOSPAM)" wrote in message
: ...
[...]

: ---
:
:
:
:

---

Old September 29th 04, 12:45 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

That is just the default. I'm sure you can overwrite it as I've gotten
entries from furriners so far without trouble.

--
LN (Queen of the RCTQ directory)

"Charlie" wrote in message
Just wondering why the Country box is already filled in as USA? Is this a
non international version or should I just change it?

Charlie.