HUGs Thanks*sniffle*sniffle*

Old January 28th 04, 06:36 AM
A Joy in Hawaii

Default HUGs Thanks*sniffle*sniffle*

I found out by mistake that a HUG was being made for me and that a
collection was started for my sewing machine fund. Well, thankfully,
no one can fire the Queen =). I got a real surprise today when the
box from Karen came and inside, there were THREE Hugs! One for each
DD and one for me! And goodies, and special handmade toys, and extra
fabric, and a WHOPPER of a check for my sewing machine fund! Thank
you all so much! I was sitting there bawling like a baby.

It came at the right time. My dad has had it with me running to my
kids' aid when he scolds them. I didn't realize how disrespected he
felt until he exploded on Friday and told me he couldn't co-exist with
me and didn't want me to move to the new house with them when it is
finished being built. So I was just kicked out by my husband 3 months
ago. Now my dad can't stand me. I still don't have a job. I'm at
the lowest point I have ever been. Things will get better - they
couldn't possibly get worse, right?

So thank you all! Now we all have our OWN quilts. You all have
helped comfort me in this pothole in my life. Thank you so much!
Words cannot express exactly how greatful I am. Thank you for your
contributions. The quilts are BEAUTIFUL! I will be thanking you all
privately as well.

Aloha and Mahalo,
A Joy in Hawaii
Old January 28th 04, 07:33 AM
Sharon Harper

No need for thanks Joy, we did it 'cause we loves you and the DDs. Family
sticks together right? You'll always have a bed here if you need it.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html

om...

Old January 28th 04, 08:39 AM
The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me

Joy, dear, it's so simple. We love you. Speaking as someone who just
emerged from her own hellish pothole, YEP, it *will* get better. Prolly
even better than you ever imagined.... again, speaking from experience.
Hang in there, Joy, blue skies are ahead!

Huggles,

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!

Old January 28th 04, 11:02 AM
Patti

Absolutely,
And, the thing about potholes is, that you go in one way and flounder
around, but come out of a different entrance, where the world outside is
different. Hopefully it will be a much better 'different'. Just like
Leslie says.
Tears like those are healing, too.
..
In article , The
HairyFacedOnes 'N Me writes
Joy, dear, it's so simple. We love you. Speaking as someone who just
emerged from her own hellish pothole, YEP, it *will* get better. Prolly
even better than you ever imagined.... again, speaking from experience.
Hang in there, Joy, blue skies are ahead!

Huggles,

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 28th 04, 11:07 AM
Kate Dicey

Sharon Harper wrote:

No need for thanks Joy, we did it 'cause we loves you and the DDs. Family
sticks together right? You'll always have a bed here if you need it.

I'm glad they arrived safe and sound. It was a fun thing to do, and you
are very welcome.

It's haaaaaard living in someone else's house! You have that conflict
of trying to bring up the kids YOUR way fighting with THEIR house rules
and preferences! Just because your dad doesn't want you to live with
him doesn't mean he doesn't love you: you probably DO need to live
somewhere else, for both your sakes. He was probably severely irritated
by a pile of small irritating things, and blew his stack in the least
tactful manner. I've done the same at times, and regretted the manner
rather than the content. I know I love my mother greatly, but it would
drive me insane to live with her! Rant, rave, let off steam to us -
we're good at handing out the tissues and shoulders!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 28th 04, 12:36 PM
Queen of Squishies

I'm glad it got there so fast, as I just mailed it on the 23rd! Joy - you
guys use those hugs to line those pot holes, or in just any way you want.
We want them for your comfort, to wrap our love around your situation every
day. Here is the photo album of the Hugs, now that you have them I can show
it to everyone!
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old January 28th 04, 12:44 PM
Shstringfellow

Here is the photo album of the Hugs, now that you have them I can show
it to everyone!
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

Karen, this link takes you to a page that asks you to sign up for Webshots- is
there a way to see the pics without joining anything?
SueS
Old January 28th 04, 01:40 PM
Mel Rimmer

I'm glad the HUGs came just when they were most needed. I hope the kids
love them as much as you obviously do.

Don't be too hard on yourself about your dad's reaction - I think it
must be almost impossible to raise your children in your parents' home.
It's all I can stand to visit my parents for a few hours with my kids
present. This is because I can't be "mum" and "daughter" at the same
time, the roles are incompatible. And grandparents can't seem to figure
out that the little darlings are "someone else's kids". My mum wouldn't
dream of scolding someone else's kids, or of telling their mum exactly
where she's going wrong with child rearing. But these rules don't seem
to apply to grandchildren. On the other hand, my mum wouldn't take in
someone else's kids and their mum and let live with her until they found
a new place, but I'm sure she'd do that if it were us. So you have to
take the (very) rough with the smooth.

Your dad loves you and your kids. Of course he does. But he doesn't
really want little kids in his house all day long at his time of life.
Especially not if he doesn't get to set the rules and the standards of
behaviour he can expect. And you'd probably admit that you don't want to
be living in your parents' home at your own time of life. You want to be
the Mum, the boss of the household, and everyone else has to fit with
your rules. And that's just exactly as it should be.

I hope you find a place of your own soon, and you can find out who YOU
are - Joy, Mum, boss of the house, respected and loved (and sometimes
feared) by all the family. That's what a mum is.
--
Mel Rimmer
Old January 28th 04, 02:30 PM
Musicmaker