I can not believe

Old August 17th 10, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default I can not believe

That in my entire stash of floss, fiber and such, I have no black
metallic - be it floss, fine braid or blending filament. I do have some RG
ribbon, but that's too wide for what I want to do.

Just thought I'd give you all a laugh - hundreds of skeins of stuff, an no
black or grays in a metallic look. And the rayon didn't quite cut it..

Hopefully, today or tomorrow I'll have a chance to hit a big box store* and
hopefully find something!!

Cheryl

*yes, I'd rather go to my not-so-LNS, but I'm out straight until school
starts and K leaves for college and I'm almost there creating something that
looks like granite that I don't want to wait two + weeks

Old August 17th 10, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lynoth

On Aug 17, 5:30*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
* * That in my entire stash of floss, fiber and such, I have no black
metallic - be it floss, fine braid or blending filament. I do have some RG
ribbon, but that's too wide for what I want to do.

Just thought I'd give you all a laugh - hundreds of skeins of stuff, an no
black or grays in a metallic look. And the rayon didn't quite cut it..

Hopefully, today or tomorrow I'll have a chance to hit a big box store* and
hopefully find something!!

Cheryl

**yes, I'd rather go to my not-so-LNS, but I'm out straight until school
starts and K leaves for college and I'm almost there creating something that
looks like granite that I don't want to wait two + weeks

LOL I know what you mean - no matter how much you have, there's always
SOMETHING you still need. Poor John is still new to all this, and
when I was setting up the Celestial Dragon I mentioned that I had to
go to the store. He gave my mountain of "spares" a baffled look and
asked "don't you have enough?!"

God I love that man.....

Old August 22nd 10, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/20/10 7:03 PM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 8/20/10 4:31 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Worst, even with my "best intentions" I haven't had time to go to anywhere
to find the "right thing". I tried again with the black ribbon, but it's
still needs something...maybe I'll try the white metallic with it... LOL

I have a fair smattering of different blacks - want me to send you
something?

Sure go for it!
I'll commisserate - I needed more size 20 needles. I cannot
find the little zip case that has my huge back-up stash of needles, waxers,
counting pins, etc. So, on Sunday as we went to the Farmer's Mkt, I
mentioned this to DH. And moaned about going to AC Moore (~ 5-6 mi from
house) to get needles which would be DMC needles that I don't really like.
And as we looked at the VA Wineries guide, I happened to mention there being
a shop in Haymarket ...so he said, what the heck - let's go. I said, I
cannot justify a 20 mile 1-way drive for a package of needles - but he
insisted ...so off we went. OTOH, the shop is lovely, lots of great
knitting stuff I resisted, I got some needles (even if they aren't petites),
and we found "Pickle Bob's Soft-Serve Ice Cream" - definitely not on the
Weight Watcher's plan (as in skipped dinner after). Sorry - sometimes these
things just happen.

For the curious:
http://www.picklebobs.com/

And it's only about 2 blocks from Needles in the Haymarket. It was amazing
watching DH try to eat a large, butterscotch dipped cone. Quite a feat.

That would have been amusing.

Poor DD, while she has the palate expander and braces, she's not allowed
anything sticky.
But, her squirrel impression is very true to nature!

Old August 22nd 10, 02:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 8/22/10 8:11 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 8/20/10 7:03 PM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 8/20/10 4:31 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Worst, even with my "best intentions" I haven't had time to go to anywhere
to find the "right thing". I tried again with the black ribbon, but it's
still needs something...maybe I'll try the white metallic with it... LOL

I have a fair smattering of different blacks - want me to send you
something?

Sure go for it!

How much do you need - as in just a couple of yards, or a whole spool/card?

[...]

That it was. Especially when after trying to use their hose out-back -
which would have shot him to the next county - he had to go over to the
Sheetz (gas station) across the lot and get washed up in their restroom. It
was a child-like sticky mess!

Poor DD, while she has the palate expander and braces, she's not allowed
anything sticky.
But, her squirrel impression is very true to nature!

LOL - I bet. But, it'll be worth it.

Ellice

Old August 22nd 10, 11:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 8/22/10 9:39 AM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 8/22/10 8:11 AM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 8/20/10 7:03 PM, in article , "Ellice
K." wrote:

On 8/20/10 4:31 PM, in article ,
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

Worst, even with my "best intentions" I haven't had time to go to anywhere
to find the "right thing". I tried again with the black ribbon, but it's
still needs something...maybe I'll try the white metallic with it... LOL

I have a fair smattering of different blacks - want me to send you
something?

Sure go for it!

How much do you need - as in just a couple of yards, or a whole spool/card?

A couple of yards would just about do it!

[...]

Snort!

Poor DD, while she has the palate expander and braces, she's not allowed
anything sticky.
But, her squirrel impression is very true to nature!

LOL - I bet. But, it'll be worth it.

I sure hope so, finding soft food for her is getting tough and she's
waterpiking after she eats anything!