Progress on the Nightmare Quilt

Old January 24th 05, 06:03 AM
Sharon Harper

Default Progress on the Nightmare Quilt

Many of y'all have heard me tell of DH's Nightmare Quilt. Yup my First Big
Quilt (third one ever). He chose it and it is FULL of curves. He chose the
fabric (a variety of quality but nice colours). He keeps encouraging
(read - nagging). And I keep saying how much I hate it (and I do) as it is
quite fiddly and all hand pieced. He read the pattern where it said "by
doing half an hour of sewing each day so and so finished the quilt in a few
months. Obviously she was brighter/smarter/better sewer than me! It has
taken me two years to get this far It will prolly take me that long to
finish it as I have another five long rows to add then there are filler bits
to go on the sides and top/bottom so you have a "straight" edge. Then it
has to be (hand) quilted. Then I get to throw it at him!!!

Here is a progress photo for you:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...3d.jpg&.src=ph

If that doesn't work just go to my yahoo site and it's the last photo in the
quilts folder.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old January 24th 05, 06:10 AM
maryd

I do like his choice of colors but I don't envy you all the hand work.

--
Mary
u...
:
: Here is a progress photo for you:
:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...3d.jpg&.src=ph
:
: If that doesn't work just go to my yahoo site and it's the last photo in
the
: quilts folder.
:
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia
: Queen of Down Under
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
: **********************
:
:

Old January 24th 05, 06:11 AM
Sharon Harper

Don't get me wrong - I started patchwork/quilting by hand (didn't have a
machine and didn't want one - phobia you know) and my first two quilts were
all hand sewn and quilted. I still hand quilt 'cause I haven't figured out
how to do it on machine, and while a lot of my piecing is done by machine, I
prefer to hand piece 'cause it is so portable. Just I hate curves is all.
Yeuch.

Old January 24th 05, 06:21 AM
maryd

I'm afraid if I tried hand piecing a bed size quilt I would get bored and it
would end up in the corner of a closet. I admire people that can stick with
projects such as that.

--
[...]
: ...
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
[...]
: :
: : Here is a progress photo for you:
: :
:
:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...3d.jpg&.src=ph
: :
: : If that doesn't work just go to my yahoo site and it's the last photo
in
: the
: : quilts folder.
: :
: :
: : --
: : Sharon from Melbourne Australia
: : Queen of Down Under
: : http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: : http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: : quicker)
: : **********************
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old January 24th 05, 06:49 AM
Sharon Harper

In all honesty I'd love to chuck it in a corner and never look at it again.
But with over $100 worth of fabric in the top alone I'd prefer to struggle
along than feel the guilt! As DH says it will be gorogeous when it's done.
Just gotta get it done.

--

"maryd" wrote in message
Have you considered making it a lap quilt? bg

--
Mary
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
: LOL Mary - that's why it's taken me two years to get this far!
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia
: Queen of Down Under
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
: **********************
: ...

Old January 24th 05, 06:57 AM
maryd

And I'm sure one day you will be doing that happy dance.

Tonight I'm working on hug blocks and infant quilts for Project Linus. It's
keeping me busy and reducing my stash a bit.

--
Mary
"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
: In all honesty I'd love to chuck it in a corner and never look at it
again.
: But with over $100 worth of fabric in the top alone I'd prefer to struggle
: along than feel the guilt! As DH says it will be gorogeous when it's
done.
: Just gotta get it done.
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia
: Queen of Down Under
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
: **********************
: "maryd" wrote in message
: ...
: Have you considered making it a lap quilt? bg
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
: "Sharon Harper" wrote in message
: ...
: : LOL Mary - that's why it's taken me two years to get this far!
: :
: : --
: : Sharon from Melbourne Australia
: : Queen of Down Under
: : http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: : http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: : quicker)
: : **********************
: : ...

Old January 24th 05, 08:01 AM
Patti

Well done, Sharon!
That's coming on a treat. Perhaps by the time you finish it - which
really won't be long now - you'll feel confident enough with your
machine to machine quilt it? It wasn't so long ago, after all, that you
wouldn't use a machine at all!!
..
In article , Sharon
Harper writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 24th 05, 08:33 AM
Dee in Oz

I love it Sharon. If I ever get the pattern it will go on my one day
list, I'm getting lots of curve practice doing my 'Paper Plates'. When
you get yours done guard it carefully, remember the Lorraine Moran is
on the Stolen/Missing List.

Dee in Oz