New Log Cabin Quilt

Old February 19th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

Default New Log Cabin Quilt

In article .com,
"John" wrote:

Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...n=view&current
=LogCabinQuilt.jpg

John

I do like it, John! It's just beautiful, and I'm sure your
"self-professed quilting widow" does, too. G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old February 19th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Well done, John! It looks beautiful and perfect. My DH John (known as
the Count) just completed his Carpenters Square quilt (no ability to
show photos) and had some degree of fame. Fons and Porter accepted and
had on their show his Tip of the Day Show #911 last Sat. He was a wood
patternmaker, and loves the accuracy part of quilting, pus the accolades
from our Quilt Guild. He's the only male member. LOL Nancycog in MD

Old February 20th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.

Beautiful, John!! Love the colors!!

--
Donna in NE La.
"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
effort to date. Hope you like it.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...CabinQuilt.jpg

John

Old February 20th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_2_]

That is gorgeous, John.

--
Mary
"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Well, I just finished my latest quilt. A 66"x 66" lap quilt for my
: wife; (the self professed quilting widow). I think it is my best
: effort to date. Hope you like it.
:
:
:

Old February 20th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Book? I'm a bibliophile. (I think that means I love books, not that I
mistreat them.) And now quilt books!

Your quilt is magnificent! Your wife's color choices are magnificent! I'm
looking forward to seeing your next project.
--
Kay Ahr in NV
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
I used a picture in one of my quilt books as inspiration. . . . . In a
couple of pictures in the same book, they show a zig-zag pattern.

John

Old February 20th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 19, 8:58 pm, "Kay Ahr" wrote:
Book? I'm a bibliophile. (I think that means I love books, not that I
mistreat them.) And now quilt books!

Your quilt is magnificent! Your wife's color choices are magnificent! I'm
looking forward to seeing your next project.
--
Kay Ahr in NV
to respond to me directly, remove "WESTHI" from the email address

"John" wrote in message

oups.com... I used a picture in one of my quilt books as inspiration. . . . . In couple of pictures in the same book, they show a zig-zag pattern.

John

My wife has just published a reference book on revolutionary war
patriots. She was director of copy editing services for a large legal
publishing company for many years before retirement. I laughingly
refer to her as "Conan the Grammarian". She copy edits signs alongside
the freeway and is a charter member of the apostrophe police. I
sometimes wonder how we ever got together, based on my casual approach
to spelling.

John

Old February 20th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

Beautiful quilt!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

oups.com...

Old February 20th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

John, that is definitely a WOW quilt--a real eye-opener! Love it! I may
have to try that idea in my next quilt for my son, I have not yet done a Log
Cabin and that one really excites me.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

oups.com...

Old February 20th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Please tell your sweetheart about the sign at the grocery today. It offered
"potato's at $2 for five pounds or $5 for ten pounds". That happens all
the time, I simply try not to look. Polly

"John" wrote, in part She copy edits signs alongside

Old February 20th 07, 08:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Ah, but would they allow you to buy two sets of five pounds for $4?

I am the self-appointed UK representative of the apostrophe (and Maths!)
police gg
..
In message , Polly Esther
writes
Please tell your sweetheart about the sign at the grocery today. It offered
"potato's at $2 for five pounds or $5 for ten pounds". That happens all
the time, I simply try not to look. Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill