Mgambo seeds

Old May 9th 06, 07:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default Mgambo seeds

Hi all,

Okay, back from Honolulu, where I had an absolutely fantastic time;
totally fell in love with the ocean, and spent lots of time just sitting
on the lanai watching and listening to the waves.

Anyway, while I was there, I met a beader in the hotel lobby who was
selling jewelry made with mgambo (velvet) seeds; said she got them from
a tree in her backyard (lucky lady). I've been looking on line and only
found one website that had them for sale. I was wondering if anyone
here could suggest more places to look for them? I'd love to get my
hands on a bunch of these.

Thanks,
Carla
Old May 9th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Paging Maren...!

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old May 9th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thanks for the page, Barbara, but:
I just bought some g, paid $0.35 per seed too.

Hoping I get some trees to grow, then you can page me again in about 5
years.
(said the guy I bought them from - probably the same guy that you
(Carla)
found on a web site, if it was at the Plantseeker/Backyard Gardener
noticeboard, there's a thread about them). Hope some day I'll remember
plant those seeds (been living without much electriticy since mid
February,
working more than full time and dealing with a high school senior. It's
taking
its toll.)

The name of the guy I bought the seeds form is Kristof, email address
is (sorry, I'd rather be able to sell them
myself, probably at a lower price, but this is the best I can do right
now).

Aloha,

Maren
Palms, Etc.: Tropical Plant Seeds - Hand-made Jewelry - Plants &
Lilikoi
http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/~maren/palms_etc/

Old May 10th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Thanks for the name/address, Maren. That's a better price than I found
at the one site I came across.

Good luck with the growing...and the teenager

Cheers,
Carla

Old May 10th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default Mgambo seeds - and AD: tulipwood seeds

Carla wrote:
Thanks for the name/address, Maren. That's a better price than I found
at the one site I came across.

don't tell him that g, he may raise the price some more. - He does
charge extra for drilling, which was fine with me as I was looking for
seeds
to grow trees.

As I forgot this earlier: I have seeds of a tree that's related,
tulipwood,
harpullia pendula. They are about the same size, not gray and fuzzy
but black and shiny - undrilled so far -. I have a few hundred of
those,
$16.-/100 (about 2oz), includes shipping in the US.
(Pictures can be found e.g. he
http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/Faculty...ylo_sapind.htm)

Good luck with the growing...and the teenager

Thanks, I think the teenager will be fine (I hope, she's sick at the
moment,
and I'm more worried about that than about senioritis at the moment),
I just hope we get our electricity back soon. We're going on 3 months
(if they
don't connect our new panels soon we'll refuse to pay. It's ridiculous
to have
to pay $20.- per month for 2 (!!!) kWh, well, OK, last month it was
3kWh).

Old May 10th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Maren,
Boys do grow up, eventually. When my son was 15, his life ambition
was to be a crack head in Philly and live on a heat grate. He's now
23, about to graduate from college cum laude with a double major of
finance and global business. So....just hang in there, they all have a
timetable - it's not always what you'd like or where they should be
according to the schools or the books, but it'll happen. Just love
him, pray and try to be good to yourself - lots of bubble baths late at
night did it for me.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Been there,

Patti

Old May 10th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Patti you're a sweetheart!
She's a girl (one who was planning on studying physics - at some point
in the not too distant past -, and is now after talking about studying
dance
and then theater gone to 'or maybe I don't go to college at all, or at
least
not right now'), but the same applies.

Thank you!

Maren
(got only cold water again at the moment, it's raining)

Need these seeds! scaperchick Beads 13 February 18th 04 05:36 PM
Makings beads from seeds... Helen Page Beads 21 February 11th 04 11:13 PM
Really OT - seeds sprouting IN tomato? ..Mickie Swall.. Quilting 17 October 15th 03 12:10 AM
Novice question - seeds vs beads (and how to make a seed last) WalkerDlwalke Beads 0 August 10th 03 11:40 PM
OT - I ate some seeds Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 0 August 10th 03 05:11 AM